5.0 out of 5 stars These Reviews are spot on - Amazing Album
Britneys had some bad press recently, and personally I don't think she deserves it. She gets slated no matter what she does, so its a no win situation. She is constantly compared to Christina Aguilera and shouldn't be - They're both branching into their own styles and I think thats whats so good about this Album.
Here is a run down of the Songs.
Me Against the...
Published on 17 Nov 2003 by Donna England

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm......not bad but not great!!!
Britney does well for the amount of talent she has as an artist. She does not have the best vocals or song writing ability, which is her main downfall. What comes through in the album is hard work, and good production.
The album will produce hit singles, and some amazingly sexy videos. Me against the music was a nice start, and toxic is probably the best song on the...
Published on 25 Mar 2004 by ring321

5.0 out of 5 stars These Reviews are spot on - Amazing Album, 17 Nov 2003
Donna England (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
Here is a run down of the Songs.
Me Against the Music - You've probably heard this now, its so catchy. Its Britneys version of Christina's "Dirrty". This is going to be on in all the Clubs around the UK, its so good for dancing to with friends. Its a dancey song, you can't keep still. Its sexy and smooth and it features the amazing Madonna. What more could you want in a Song 9/10
(I got that) Boom Boom - Don't be fooled by the start of this. It starts a little slowly and your about to turn it onto the next song when Britney's voice comes in. It features some rap parts in by Ying Yang. I promise if you wait about a minute into the song it grows quickly. The Chorus is definately worth waiting for. Britneys voice is suited to the sexy, slower beat to this song 10/10
Showdown - This is another one that you have to stick with for it to get better. A original beat, this is quite different to everything else. Britneys breathy style is great for this type of song. Listen to the lyrics in this Song, they're clever "Here comes the Showdown, what comes around goes around" 9/10
Breathe on Me - This is a 'Kylie Minogue' style song and reminds me a little of 'Slow' I think this might have been produced by Kylies producers. Its slow and VERY breathy but it works for Britneys voice. The best way to describe this is to say its a mixture of Danii Minogue and Kylie Minogue 7/10
Early Mornin - Not to sure on this Song, its not as catchy as the others. Its quite Urban rather than something you'd dance to. This is a slightly grown up Song for Britney, not completely sure if she pulls it off or not. Still I wouldn't say its awful, its a song that will grow on you 7/10
Toxic - WOW! Another fast one. Remember Abs Song 'Miss Perfect', this sounds JUST like that to begin with. It has a fast beat and is fast paced, slightly Kylie Minogue towards the Chorus but the Chorus reminds me a little of Rachel Stevens. I think though, despite sounding 'Similar' to other people, you'd still know its Britney due to that distinctive voice. This is a clever song, its a bit of a gamble song but it works and she pulls it off 9/10
Outrageous - Written by R Kelly, I'm not surprised this is that sort of style song. Its a little like 'In Da Club' by 50 Cent. Big bass and smooth lyrics, the lyrics are a little explicit but it works for the song. I'm not that keen on this Song, I think its a bit 'Nasty' for Britney but I'm sure other people will like it 6/10
Touch of my Hand - How refreshing to see a Artist not be scared to try new styles. This has a Eastern beat to it in parts and is the closest thing you'd get to a 'Ballad' on this Album. This is a brilliant Track, I fell for it as soon as I heard it. I think its because I like anything Eastern, so it clicked for me 9/10
The Hook Up - Some more rapping at the start of this, this is another 'Club' Song and something you'd dance to on a Saturday night. This has a slight R and B flavour to it I think its safe to say that its almost a Jamaican influenced Song. Listen to it and you'll see what I mean. Think Beyonce! 8/10
Shadow - This is a 'Safe' Song, you always get some on a Album that are like this. Its slow and the best way to describe it, is that its like 'Background Music' you play when your doing things. The Chorus is better than the Verses and is more catchy and effective. Quite a slow song, listen to the Chorus which is worth the wait 8/10
Brave New Girl - So different to her usual style. This is a mixture, its hard to say what it sounds like. Its a little like a mix of Girls Aloud and Holly Valance but it has Britneys own spin on it. I've never heard her sing in this way before, its faster than she normally sings. Rather 80's Electric Disco is the words I'd use for the Verse, but when the Chorus kicks in it slightly becomes more 'Pop'. I can imagine this Song being on a Film 8/10
Everytime - Similar to the style of Mandy Moore and AS good if not better. Slightly Delta Goodrem as well, but in her own style. This is the only real 'Ballad' on the Album, beautiful words. I think this is the Song she penned for Justin Timberlake, if not then its been written about someone. This is a heartfelt song, Britney does seem to put a lot into this Song. Its so beautful "Everytime I try to fly without my Wings, I feel so small" I think this is one of her BEST ballads and she sings in a grown up way compared to her earlier music where her voice is slightly breaking 10/10
Me Against the Music/Remix - You normally get Remix vesions, I prefer the original but this is just been put on for a bit of fun. Has a slight Eastern/Arabian beat to it 6/10
The Answer - Remember 'Bombastic' off her last Album? This could easily follow on from that. It sounds like a follow on, similar style. Great beat and toe tapping, this is a great Song. I wouldn't say its the best on the Album but its good 7/10
Don't Hang Up - I thought this would be a fast Song but its a medium tempo song. This reminds me of some of the Songs on her last Album, in between fast and slow. Another 'Safe' Song I think, not an exceptional one 8/10
OUTSTANDING TRACKS - Me Against the Music, (I Got That) Boom Boom, Toxic, Touch of my Hand, Everytime
AVERAGE TRACKS - Breathe on Me, Early Mornin', Shadow (Though the Chorus could be put into 'Outstanding Tracks' the Verse lets it down)
BELOW AVERAGE TRACKS - Outrageous (Sorry just didn't like this style on Britney, it doesn't completely suit her)
Good Tracks out of 15? I would probably say 12.
Phew! The one thing I would say about this Album is that its obvious Britney has been experimenting with different producers. Her styles are so varied in this Album, its rather different from her last Album and a million miles apart from her FIRST Album which was full of 'Pop'. Britneys grown up into a young woman who is experimenting with her image and her sexuality. Theres nothing wrong with that - In that sense she reminds me of a younger Madonna, always reinventing herself. This Album will do better than her last, it IS better than her last, it deserves 5 Stars.
AMAZING! STUNNING! GO BUY IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 15 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
I wasnt sure what to think of this album.It was certainly different to all the previous ones,and Some of the songs were really catchy if rather more depressing than usual.If you like britney for her bouncy feel-good songs-this album is not the one for you.
i did actually expect more of this album.The hits (toxic, everytime, me aginst the music, and brave new girl)were all brilliant songs, but I dont see any more coming out of this album, and I think the songs could be more varied.
Despite all of this, I think this album was,all in all, quite good, and deserves at least an 8/10.
If you, like me, only bought the cd because you want to have the 'britney collection'. do so, and you might have a different opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney's best album, 29 Dec 2003
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
In The Zone proves, with no doubt, Britney's talent for music. All tracks, with no exceptions are powerful and have sexy rhythms. Starts with a very catchy-dancing "Me Against The Music" and ends with a Puff Daddy great colab song "The Answer". Britney's versatility it's proved on the very touching ballad "shadow", with the very happy song such as "Brave New Girl" and the r'n'b tune "Outrageous".
One word: FABULOUS!

4.0 out of 5 stars best album yet, 3 Dec 2003
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
this album is good although some songs grate on you. my favourite songs are the funky TOXIC- which is the best song on the album, TOUCH OF MY HAND- which has an asian vibe and SHADOW- such a sweet song. overall its pretty good although her best song is not on it BEFORE THE GOODBYE that is one thing her third album had although it does certainly show more maturity than the third album and i must say she has made an excellent album which shouldnt dissapoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars so goood...u won't believe!, 25 Nov 2003
Mazin almaimani (Jeddah, Saudi Arabia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
I bought this album because I'm a biiig fan of britney but I loved baby one more time. Oops!...I did it again was okay but I was a bit dissapointed with her last self-titled album Britney. But this album is just great...its soo different!
Such as I got that boom boom which I rate 5/5
Breathe on me is sooo kylie track but great, Outrageous is one of my favourites I rank it as 5/5 too...Early mornin' is my favourite track on the album...it has that different touch to it which makes it simply irresistible. Rest of the tracks are fine too...Shadow is the best ballad on this album because "everytime" gets a bit boring!
There's also a raggae/pop track which is also good, its called "the hook up". All over this album is difeneately one of the best pop records out this year and a MUST for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Britney still at the top, 22 Nov 2003
Emily Slatford (stalbans, hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
Showing that Britney is still growing as an artist, this album is the most mature album of all 4! I love all of Britney's old material but obviously it would not suit a 21 year old and her new album now is the new, improved, older Britney and still just as fun and funky as her last 3 albums! The reviews for this album haven't been too good but the critics are usually old boring people who just don't give Britney a chance, best single on the album is Toxic and I really do advise any Britney fan to buy this even if you aren't, it's a brilliant album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ready, Set... Get "In The Zone", 19 Nov 2003
Patrick-john O' Connor (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
All i can say is "WOW! What a transformation!"."In The Zone" is a mix of fresh, funky sounds for an all new Britney which is here to stay! She has REALLY come out to produce a work of art. No two songs on this album are the same--each one takes you to a different world!!!! From the No#1 dance hit Me Against The Music to the sensual sounds of Breathe On Me to the teary eyed ballad Everytime, "In The Zone" is a MUST HAVE for any CD collection!!!!! Look out Christina and Justin Britney will give you a run for your money with this belter!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ya'll Need To Get In The Zone!!!, 17 Nov 2003
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
To sum it up WOW! I'm totally shocked i was expecting something similar to 'Britney' but i'm pleasently surprised. This album has reggae, hip hop, r&b, trip hop, pop and dance. She ahs really exelled herself this time...quite contravercial too. Alot of sexy lyrics in there, you can tell she has matured into a beautiful woman on this album and is gonna be around for a long time! I would say its an album to get you moving with alot of top producers including P.Diddy, R.Kelly, The Matrix, Cathy Dennis and Moby. All in all a fantastic peice of work, can't wait to see what happens next! Get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars IN THE ZONE is Britneys Best Album Yet!, 15 Nov 2003
Yancy07Blue (West Covina, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
I just had a chance to get a hold of a promo copy for IN THE ZONE and I would say this is Britney's most inventive album and I consider it the best of all shes done.
1. Me Against The Music-(feat. Madonna)-This is not my favorite track in the album, but I'm sure Madonna fans trully love this one, I don't think this should have been the first single, but it does have a dancable beat to it, remind you more of her "Im A Slave 4 U" track. RATING: 3/5 STARS
2. I Got That (Boom Boom)-(feat. Ying Yang Twin)-(This is the 2nd single and it have a great hip-hop vibe to it, its radio friendly, but the Ying Yang Twin are anoying!, just love listening to britney on this one. RATING: 4/5 STARS
3. Showdown-(This is a great song, sounded really good and the instrument to this song is awesome, I can imagine this being a single and being a hit in clubs) RATING: 5/5 STARS
4. Breathe On Me-(I love this track it reminds me alot of Kylie Minogue, but it sounds really great on britney's vocal abilities, a possible single as well and very radio friendly) RATING: 5/5 STARS
5. Every Mornin'-(This is the only track in the album that I can't seem to like, I listen to the entire album more than 10 times and this song just don't grow on me! I heard this was produce by Moby, what can I say I don't like Moby, thats why this song SUCKS! Sorry. RATING: 2/5 STARS
6.Toxic-(This is one of my favorite track in the album it has a very catchy tune to it and sounded so wicked. I can't describe what category this song should be under, I think britney had created a whole new genre in this song, Love IT!!!! RATING: 5/5 STARS
7. Outrageous-(this is an R. Kelly produces track, itsa great R&B song, but not really my favorite, beat sound a little catchy, but not really into the lyrics, but would listen to it anyways.) RATINGS: 4/5 STARS
8. Touch Of My Hand-(This is the most controversial track in the album, it talks about pleasuring yourself "Masturbation" it have a very sexy vibe to it, so sensual, reminds me of some Janet Jackson track. Britney does alot of moaning and cooing in this track, makes it more seductive to listen to.) RATINGS: 4/5 STARS
9. The Hook-Up-(This is the best track in the album, did I say the best? This would shake your booty in no time, it have a very reggae feel to it and should be her next single and would surely kepp the people dancing! it reminds me of Beyonce & Sean Pauls "Baby Boy" but much better and more upbeat! LOVE LOVE LOVE this song!!!! Rating: 10/5 STARS)
10. Shadow-(this is one of the ballads in the album, it has a very mellow tune to it and can be very relaxing to listen to, the lyrics is not that catchy compares to her previews work, but it is very soothing to listen to and may relax you right away when you are listening to it in your bed, overall still a great song!) RATINGS: 5/5 STARS
11. Brave New Girl-(This song sound silly, but catchy, reminds me more of her first album, very bubbly, may perhaps reminds you of the movie "Clueless", it still have a very unique beat to it and britney fans may like it alot) RATINGS: 5/5 STARS
12. Everytime-(This is the second controversial track in the album, the ballad that everyone is talking about, which is her response to Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me A River". This song showcase what britney do best powerful ballad that can really move emotions. May not sound new, but still a great song) RATINGS: 5/5 STARS
13. MATM (Remix)-(I think the original version is still the best, but this have a cool beat adds to it, give you more of an arabic vibe) RATINGS 4/5 STARS
14. Don't Hang Up-(UK bonus track)-(Never heard of it, thats why I pre-ordered the UK version!)
15. The Answer-(UK bonus track)-(Heard a clip of it from one of britney's site and I think it sound pretty good, I heard it was produced by P.Diddy, such a shame that it didn't include it in her US version album) RATINGS: 5/5 STARS
Overall, this album ROCKS! this is one of britney's best album ever and it showcases how she have grown with her music, all tracks are different in its own way and even if you are not a britney fan, I'm sure you'll love this album and would love to listen to it over and over again. Just buy or pre-order the album "IN THE ZONE" and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brit's back in the zone, 14 Nov 2003
P. Forster "redjolie" (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In The Zone (Audio CD)
Awesome. Alot of the sounds used in a variety of the tracks (i.e wavering violins, synthesised beats, techno rythems etc) are reminisent of some of Madonna's work. I think it was track 11 than screamed 'Material Girl' (it had the whole da da dada thing), then progessed in its chorus to a vocal serving of synthesised words, that were like Madonna's now famous computerised voice in albums such as American life and Music. I love Madonna, so to me this is all good.
But don't get me wrong though, it's not a Madonna-esque album. Just some sounds are similar thats all. The songs as a whole are rather an r'n'b sounding collection, compared to earlier works. They are the most 'developed' in style, and are a far cry from her first (and what I consider awesome) album.
The new album is fantastic. My favorite track is 'Everytime'. It's so haunting and sad. Brit has done some 'touching' songs before, but this one...I don't know. It's really, honestly moving.
Buy the album if you're at all a fan.
Well done B.