on 27 May 2009
Superb version of the Jimmy Webb classic done by Richard Harris, far superior to the Donna Summers disco version.
on 29 July 2013
One of the great tunes of the American songbook, "sung" by somebody not known for their voice. Richard Harris' rendition gives this wonderful tune a certain vulnerability and frailty that other singers might have glossed over, and thus makes it more powerful.
on 16 September 2013
I loved this song when it came out , I could not believe how good it was, I did think Richard Harris ! , you have to be kidding , but he is amazing , some renditions are by better singers , but this man had the emotion . its my favourite all time song .
on 22 April 2013
Arguably one of the classic songs of the last century.....shame the singer Mr Webb chose was a little....odd.........but does strangely add to it's unique charm.......favourite version is the one by Andy Williams....probably because my Mum played it do death when I was a kid......
on 1 January 2014
Well, do the honest thing I thought, download and play this track I thought, NO, in Gods holy name how complicated is this? Having to install software????. All you want is the mp3 file. I bought mine for 79p and haven't seeing or heard it since!! Don't waste your time it's just too fussy.
on 15 September 2012
This is quite sim ply the best ever recording of the best ever song, there is no room for argument. Those who might say that Shatner's redition of Rocket Man is better are deluded fools and I laugh in the face of their ignorance.
on 29 January 2014
I have always listened to ballads and sometimes it is the singer not the song. The collaboration with Jimmy Webb was of its time, and memories abound for this album including Richard Harris's poetry
on 1 September 2013
Always loved this song! As I bought an MP3 player last year, I thought I'd buy a download copy of this song for it. Very pleased with purchase - easy to download.
on 7 July 2014
it is what it is thats why I bought it...i remember the rest of the family groaning on a sunday when it was still being played on the chart show but I loved it
on 3 February 2013
This is the definitive version of the much recorded Jimmy Webb classic although Glen Campbell's recording is also excellent and runs this very close.