5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best Zelda handheld game to date
This is my first review, so here goes:

There's few times when I finish a game and verbally say `wow'. Spirit Tracks is one of those games and I can honestly say it's the most fun I've had playing a Zelda game (or a DS game, for that matter). The game's presentation is pretty impressive and you'll find few games on the DS with as high production values...
Published on 2 Feb 2010 by M. Lloyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun, exciting - but flawed
I loved Phantom Hourglass, in fact its one of my favourite games.
However, Spirit Tracks just isn't as good.

One of the main problems is the characters, in PH they had character arcs which were funny and exciting and just lovable characters.
In this game, there OK, but just not as intriguing as PH.

The first time on the tracks I was really...
Published on 23 Jan 2010 by F. Wight

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Legend returns on ds, 11 Dec 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is the newest game in the now 2 decade spanning zelda franchise and its great, i must say it doesn't disapoint. There are a few things about it which i don't like e.g. the fact that the gameplay and mechanics are essentially the same as the phantom hourglass but thats fine because i loved the phantom hourglass, the boat has also become a train now which means that the travel is less direct and can become annoying because it really does feel unnecessary, like its just there to pad out the gameplay time. But less of the negatives, this is probably one of the best ds games as of yet in my opinion. Again in classic
zelda style the ideas in the game are great, i thoroughly enjoyed the story, the graphics are impressive considering they are on a ds title and its the least powerful console available at the minute. The tower of spirits which is essentially a replacement of the temple of the ocean king , which anyone who played the phantom hourglass will no gets very repetitive making you play the same levels over and over again, in tge tower of spirits no levels get replayed and you possess things within the tower with a character, each possessed object has a different skill set which keeps the gameplay fresh but again in classic style the puzzles in the game are excellent definately top of its class,they make the game truely amazing, providing many head scrathing cunundrums which are satisfying to work out.
Overall i give it 4* only because the train sections becoming tedious and monotenous and due to the lack of changes that have been made in the majority of gameplay when compared to the phantom hourglass. Still it would be a great christmas present for anyone with a ds.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game... it's a Zelda, it couldn't be boring, 17 April 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game for NintendoDS... Indeed, considering that is very similar on the gameplay to the hourglass phantom, and the story lime is very similar to all Zelda series, people might think it could be boring.... But they couldn't be more wrong. Catching gameplay all through the game... Beautiful anime graphics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful game I love it!!, 9 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I'm 18 and I got this game last Christmas from my cousin off here, it is AMAZING the graphics are great, it is fun as hell with little tricky bits and just so much to do you can even catch bunny rabbits! hours of fun I highly recommend this game I can't fault it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good!!!, 30 Jan 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
It is a very good game as all the previous ZELDA series, however I would like to see new weapons...

5.0 out of 5 stars Zelda, 22 Jan 2010
Mrs. F. MC Crory "fee" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Crimbo pressie for a 29yr old man!! Hrs of fun for the big kid inside!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 22 July 2014
My daughter was happy with the game.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not as good as phantom hourglass, 28 April 2010
Mrs. H. H. Restall "harriet477" (North Yorks) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game because I really enjoy the Zelda series as a whole. The game starts really well with the usual story line and a quick tutorial on the driving of the train. The temples are interesting without being overly difficult and there are plenty of side plots to get involved with. I also liked the fact that characters from the phantom hourglass come back and there are references to the previous games. What really let the game down was the hours and hours of travelling on the train. This was really tedious and annoying at times. I also felt let down by the ending of the game. The end leaves far too may unanswered questions and when you go back to the game after the ending there is no acknowledgement by any of the characters of what you have just achieved. In conclusion: Game play is great, the bad guys are good, Too much travelling and an unsatisfying ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Zelda, 27 Nov 2012
Love Zelda games and now so does my little boy, we have found the Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks a really good game to play, fairly easy to follow as my 5 year old can do it.

3.0 out of 5 stars DS Game, 6 May 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this game as I already have 'Zelda' for the Wii. I find the graphics mediocre compared to the Wii version but the game is just as hard.

4.0 out of 5 stars I hate trains !!!, 8 May 2010
J. Coleman "fifty something" (Ware, Herts) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have been a Zelda fan ever since the very first game. My son and I have played and completed every one of them between us. My personal favourite so far is Twilight Princess on the Game Cube ( Link is left-handed as he is supposed to be).

Now for Spirit Tracks. To my mind there are far too many side quests a lot of which drastically affect the course of the game and many of which are actually essential if you want to stand any chance of completing dungeons or fighting baddies. My main gripe is that stupid train and how much time is wasted going from one place to another even with all the warp gates open. I much prefer wandering around on foot and beating up a few hapless monsters in exchange for a few rupees. Being stuck on a train is so much more restrictive and consequently boring. I have owned the game for 5 months and I am about 75% of the way through it and am fed up with dark ore melting in the sunlight, so I have abandoned it again for a few weeks.

All previous games I have played every spare minute of the day and night until they were completed and then gone back and played them again ensuring all side quests and hidden items were completed. I am hoping to complete Spirit Tracks before the end of the year - giving myself another 7 months to do it.

Being an older gamer I am afraid I miss all the old and well-loved music and sound effects. I also find it imposssible to play the more recent games without a game guide. The Prima guide to Spirit Tracks is not 100% accuarate but it is a beautiful book and I would be lost without it.

I never thought I would give any Zelda game less than 5 stars but sadly I feel I must with this one. Having said that, I hope there will be more Zelda games and I will definitely buy them.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 | Next ›

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (Nintendo DS)