5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say
Is it a spindle of 100 DVD+R? Yes
Do they work? Yes
Were they a good price? Yes
Will I order again when I eventually run out? Yes

If I want dual layer, printable, lightscribe or RW I'll pay more accordingly. But for good quality disks at a price that's right, this does the job.
Published on 9 April 2010 by J. BARRETT

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned for a refund
30% failure rate when burning and noisy as hell in the CD drive so returned for a refund. Amazon shouldn't put its name to items of this poor quality.
Published on 11 July 2011 by Matthew Bourne

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned for a refund, 11 July 2011
This review is from: AmazonBasics 700 MB 52x CD-R Spindle Pack of 100 (Electronics)

3.0 out of 5 stars New finishing process - likely lifespan?, 7 Dec 2009
I didn't receive my disks in the advertised packaging nor with a warranty card, but no matter.
There is a variety of quality in CDRs, which manufacturers just don't share with us. The Amazon CDRs are white label, which means they can amend the specifications and manufacturer at any time. The label only says "Made in China".
The disks that I received were unusual. Generically CDs and CD-Rs are a layer of plastic, a thin metallic film and then a layer of thin plastic covered with print or label. These are not so made. There is a plastic base with a very thin reflective metallic coating - so thin the disks are fairly transparent. The usual thin plastic laminate which usually protects the metal film from scratching or damage by oxygen and sulphur is missing. In its place is a thin varnish coating, applied as a liquid (it dribbled over the edges in places).
This unusual finish has unknown qualities in protecting the reflective metal coating, which may be more or less subject to atmospheric damage, and may be more likely to scratch. I have concerns regarding the ageing of the varnish, which may shrink or crack with age, damaging the reflective film. It is unclear if the black printed Amazon name on this varnish will interact with the varnish or the reflective layer.
The ATIP data on the CD-Rs declares the data area as grade B (that is a good rating) and instructs the burner to start at Power 5 (average). The declared manufacturer is Plasmon, but that cannot be relied upon.
The only other CD-Rs I have seen with this finish were declared to be by CMC.
The disks may not be suitable for long term archival storage, but handled and stored with care should be good for a couple of years. I won't be reordering for a couple of years as I can't face losing everything in a couple of years and this style of manufacture seems untested.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say, 9 April 2010
Will I order again when I eventually run out? Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars Clearly much improved quality!, 4 Oct 2011
Big Ben "fly_mo" (Bedford, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Despite the unhappy reviews earlier this year, we decided to take a chance on buying these. After all, this is Amazon, and we have never had any problem with sorting out (very rare) defective products.

The disks arrived (free delivery) in a couple of days, in the new easy-to-open packaging which works well. The CDs looked to be of good quality, with well defined edges and smooth surfaces, neat printing on the back. There did not appear to be any of the slightly uneven dye distribution that can affect the performance of some cheapo CD-Rs.

We get through hundreds of these a year, so the first thing we did was burn ten CDs on three different burners. We use CDs for software, photos and such, rather than music. Most of them are Linux boot CDs to support my software habit.... They are accompanied by an MD5 or SHA1 checksum that lets us verify the data file and the burned CD too.

All of the first ten were flawless, literally. No errors. Result!
Well done Amazon, looks like the previous problems are fixed.

Using Ubuntu Linux via an eTau 108-2 Slimtype drive, the 'cdrdao' utility reports:-

Total Capacity : 79:57:74 (359849 blocks, 702/807 MB)
CD-R medium : Plasmon Data systems Ltd.
Short Strategy Type, e.g. Phthalocyanine

K3B informs us that supported writing speeds are:-

10x (1765 KB/s)
16x (2823 KB/s)
20x (3529 KB/s)
24x (4234 KB/s)

We *always* use the slow burning option since software (unlike music) can crash completely if just one bit is adrift - so our ten were burned at 10x. Seems to work for us with many kinds of cheaper media. Only ones we have had consistent trouble with at any speed are more expensive ones like Verbatim - who had a big problem a year or so back. Price is no guarantee of quality.

In any case, those 'faster' speeds are never proportionally faster due to the CD preparation overhead being a fixed time; we just put the kettle on.

Hope you have as much success as we did!

1.0 out of 5 stars Give 'em a miss if your task is important!, 20 July 2011
Nearly half of the disk in the spindle failed to write. One was actually visably damaged. I had to buy new ones to finish my project. Steer clear if you need a reliable media.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as dependable as other major brands, 22 May 2011
I bought these discs a while ago and have just finished the batch. They were good value for money and I haven't found fault with any of the discs. One thing I do have to point out is that when using Nero burning program I could only burn at 4x. the options for 8x and 16x weren't even highlighted which meant that these discs couldn't burn at a higher speed. so other than it taking a little longer to burn the discs worked fine. Great value for money and dependable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish!, 22 April 2012
I bought this despite of the reviews saying how bad they where, the most recent reviews suggested they had got better. Ive now used 20 of them and not one has worked properly! ive used other makes succesfully so i know its not my burner. Will not buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars AmazonBasics 4.7GB 16x DVD+R (100-Pack Spindle) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging], 25 Oct 2011
Ordered on 22 Oct 2011 (weekend), Just arrived (25 Oct 2011), used one and fast burn-write at 16x speed! Well pleased! Good product and can write on printed side with cd/dvd marker pen. Was unsure as they do printable ones where you can write on to label them after burning.

As described and excellent packaging by Amazon as usual (same as Kindle), frustration free, protective and in good condition (neat and tidy). Easy to open as per claim! Well Done Amazon. Happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't be afraid, 12 July 2010
W. Rodick (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've recorded from more than half of my 100 discs without problems. At about twelve pence per disc they represent excellent value. Easy to write on the smooth/mirroresque surface with an appropriate disc writing pen. I was weary of changing from a supermarket own-brand which always worked and easily available with shopping but significant difference in cost was worth a try. Cheap, reliable and easily stored.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality - nearly all failed to burn, 20 May 2012
Laurence Saunders "Loz" (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought these in October 2011 and have had terrible results. They are mostly not even recognised by the OS when inserted into my laptop's drive. When they are recognised they usually fail to burn. On the (very) odd occasion that I did get one to burn, it would then fail to play back. A rare miss from Amazon - avoid at all costs. (oh, and the same laptop works fine with other brands, so it's definitely these disks that are at fault).