5.0 out of 5 stars What a Fabulous DSLR 5/5. Best Bang for your $$$$
I've owned my Canon 1000D for about 3 weeks now and have given it a reasonable test drive. The one thing that strikes me most is the ease at which I can find my way around the camera instantly to find the correct settings (very intuitive). Everything is where it should be, and clearly well marked.

The Camera noise is non-exsistant at ISO 800 and ISO 1600,...
Published on 1 Jan. 2011 by David Glasgow

3.0 out of 5 stars sluggish outside perfect conditions
Canon EOS 1000D is my second DSLR after the Nikon 90D. I purchased it after months of searching and reading reviews. I mostly used it with the EF-S 18-55mm (non IS) lens. It's a good entry level DSLR however, as I am an aspiring photographer, I quickly started to notice 2 very big downsides which I haven't come across in other reviews. I've now used the camera for about 6...
Published on 19 Mar. 2011 by Annie

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 1 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Canon EOS 1000D EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 (non IS) Lens Kit (Electronics)
Fairly simple to use (important for us) and totally reliable. Excellent value for money and should last for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot really comment as bought and hidden away for a ..., 20 July 2014
Cannot really comment as bought and hidden away for a Xmas present but looks ok shame no instruction book though,

5.0 out of 5 stars birthday present, 21 July 2013
birthday present for grandson from me and his Dad some very good photos so we are all happy with the canon

4.0 out of 5 stars ..be careful if you're on Windows7.., 28 July 2010
..an awesome piece of kit...but beware if you are on Windows7 operating system...you'll have to go to Canon's website to get the latest downloads...in conjunction with the discs....bit fiddly....but worth it..Canon help desk very helpfull...
Camera is easy to use, gives great picture quality, easy menu system & of course the vast array of Canon lens/accessories to customise your camera & kit..go for it..& I can't stop buying accessories...help!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 May 2011
E j f (pensby.england) - See all my reviews
pleased with the product

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 16 Jan. 2015
works fine, nice photos

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!!!! WOW WOW WOW!, 5 Feb. 2011
Mrs.j's son

i got this as a christmas prezzie and nothing has gone wrong.
the picture quality is truly amazing! it may not have the highest number of pixels but it makes up for that.
i got it with the I.S lens kit.
this is my first dslr and it is soo good too use!!
-----pros-----
-light weight
-easy to use
-stunning picture quality
-feels great to hold.
G_R_E_A_T_CAMERA!
-----cons------
it is too goood!

2.0 out of 5 stars Short battery life, 29 Jun. 2011
Have used the camera on 3 occasions since purchased, having moved on from my old 35mm and medium format cameras. What I have noticed is if you put the battery on charge for several hours, then load it into the camera then leave it "turned off" when you come to use it the following morning the battery is flat ! ! !
I must say the odd occasion when I have used it the result are very good, especially when used with the white light filter turned on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Defective item, 10 April 2011
M. Altea - See all my reviews
Not satisfied and therefore we changed the product for a Nikon 3000. Amazon was faultless and helped through all the process :-)