5.0 out of 5 stars Christian perspective to refocus your approach to eating.
Published on 8 July 1999

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't buy it!
If you want a book that will deal with your reasons for overeating in a positive, loving and compassionate way, don't buy this book.

Published on 6 Dec 2008 by Ms. E. H. Street

5.0 out of 5 stars Christian perspective to refocus your approach to eating., 8 July 1999
By A Customer
The author writes warmly with a clear,thorough approach to eating and food, covering eating disorders as well as everyday struggles with diets. Her use of Scripture guides you to refocus your thinking. If I had not read it myself, I would not have believed what an impact it could make. Wonderful book! Christians will be particularly inspired! Not a recipe in it...just sound professional advice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't buy it!, 6 Dec 2008
Ms. E. H. Street "word_seller" (gloucestershire, england) - See all my reviews

If you want to be told what you've always been told by culture and popular society - that fat is bad and that you just need to have more self control to be thin, and also that God agrees with culture - then be my guest, go ahead, buy it.

If, however, you are like me, and have never been able to understand why you 'sabotage' all your diets, and no amount of 'willpower' seems to work. If, like me, you eat when you are unhappy, or even just because you're bored, do yourself a massive favour and get 'Overcoming Overeating' or 'If Women stopped Hating their Bodies' (by Jane Hirschmann and Carol Munter) instead.

I am a Christian, and I believe the compassionate way in which these women write is more demonstrative of the God we serve than the book I am currently reviewing. For the God we serve is a God of grace and acceptance, a God who wants to deal with the root of your problems, rather than 'controlling' the symptoms and setting you up for a fall - yet again.