4.0 out of 5 stars Lemon Cucumber
Published on 6 July 2011 by crystal tipps

2.0 out of 5 stars hard to grow ,dissapointed!
bought 2pks of 20 seeds, one 4 a friend, 3 of his germinated from 20, 5 of mine ,one died and the others look sick! raised in warm room ,transfered to heated greenhouse, hard to grow but intend to try again !
Published on 11 April 2012 by Tina

4.0 out of 5 stars Lemon Cucumber, 6 July 2011
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
Have had some success with these. I gave some away as seeds and some as small plants. Tried one in a raised bed from a small plant but it died. My 2 remaining plants are looking good. I have these in medium sized terracotta pots growing up a cane, gently tied on. Today (06/07/11) I have discovered some little cucumbers coming along nicely a lovely bright yellow. These do not seem as easy as usual cucumbers but would grow again as a bit of a challenge!
Cannot wait to see what they taste like. I will give a progress and taste feedback if I have further success.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice cucumbers, but they take time to get established, 29 Aug. 2013
Jimbob036 (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
These arrived quickly from the supplier, and once planted, germinated within a week or so. Once transferred outside, they took about 3 months to become established and start flowering & producing fruit. These plants are actually vigorous climbers, and they spread along the ground at a terrific rate, wrapping tendrils around anything in their path! I've knocked a star off my review, because the description doesn't mention this important fact anywhere!

As I mentioned, my plants are only just beginning to produce cucumbers (after planting them in May), and these are small (3-4cm) but juicy & tasty- although it could be that I just need to leave them on the plant for longer before picking. They're covered in little spines, which need to be rubbed off before consuming- again, this isn't mentioned.

This year, I've planted my cucumbers against a trellis to give them somewhere to climb.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 1 May 2013
R. Cashen "Mink" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
Easy to grow funny round cucumbers, but juicy and tasty. Makes people look twice.
Good germination but seeds don't store well. Plant them all!

5.0 out of 5 stars very tasty crop, 30 Sept. 2011
Mrs. J. Cook "A Cook" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
I grew so many of these things that we were giving them to everyone. I took no chances with failure and tripled the seeds in each plant pot and got three plants in each!?! Normal compost and a feed now and then once they started growing fruit. I had to thin some out as I really didn't expect them to grow so well in Yorkshire but they grew in a plastic greenhouse and out of it no problem. Everyone I gave them to likes the taste. I'm a big fan of these lemon cucumbers now and will be buying more seeds soon. My family now believe I'm the garden expert and I must admit to liking it.

5.0 out of 5 stars LEMON CUCUMBERS, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
Really pleased, these cucumbers are now coming very nicely indeed and look forward to trying them as soon as they are ready.

5.0 out of 5 stars all seeds are growing, 22 May 2013
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
all seeds germinated and are growing away time will tell if the cucumbers are nice to eat but the start is promising

2.0 out of 5 stars hard to grow ,dissapointed!, 11 April 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Cucumber, 11 July 2013
Margaret Barlow "Meg B." (Lancs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
I planted these seeds last week 2 to a pot already 6ins high and have to b staked already ,am very pleased with product

1.0 out of 5 stars CUCUMBER - Lemon, 6 July 2010
Keith Allan (birmingham, england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
just did not grow. sorry a1 i have followed all your instructions on the seeds i have purchased from you and have had little or no joy. sorry

4.0 out of 5 stars Lemon shaped cucumber, 10 Aug. 2014
This review is from: CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]
Germination rate was pretty good. Instructions supplied promptly on request by supplier. They are excellent climbers, they have reached the ceiling and are still growing, a lot of very tall strong canes are needed for them. This is the first time I have grown cucumbers and that may account for the slow harvest. They are a novelty I have enjoyed growing, and they taste just like a cucumber.

CUCUMBER - Lemon - 20 SEEDS [easy to grow]