Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now

on 14 December 2011
I really DO love this album, but it would have been SO MUCH BETTER if there had been less involvement from the teacher! Although she has a nice, crisp voice and all of the songs are traditionally sung ( much better in my book than OTT Cathedral versions ), I was really hoping to ONLY hear carols as they used to be sang on the doorstep, and how ( in my opinion ) they sound best..... ie... by children!
Those that ARE sung only by the children are AMAZING, and for the first time in my life, JINGLE BELLS actually brought me to TEARS OF JOY - and it is worth the money for that one alone, as you can tell the kids are TOTALLY LOVING singing it! And there is a certain charm when you hear the word JINGLE pronounced in a child's way ( JINGHUL) as opposed to the perfect Queen's English of Jingle.
I understand that some of the harder verse songs might be done mainly by the tutor, but SILENT NIGHT??? AWAY IN A MANGER??? They are songs that children know and love and have easy lyrics, and it would have been great to have heard ONLY THEM singing it!
It kills me to only give it a 4 because the kids are so great.... but unless they re-make it without the tutor, a 4 it will always stay.
I don't CARE if the song is not sung PERFECTLY..... but Christmas is about the kids, so WHY NOT let them sing about it?
If this had ONLY been sung by the children, it would have been a ground-breaking 6/5...... but even so, it really IS a GREAT album, and well worth anyone who likes TRADITIONAL carols buying ( so much so that I bought a CD copy for my dad for xmas! ).
Happy Christmas everybody, and "Jinghul aw the waay"! I know I will :)
on 22 December 2008
This CD is great for the under 5's and has a good range of familiar songs. It uses a combination of school children and a woman singing. However, I wanted to use this CD for my son's party and unfortunately, there are too many slow songs on it like Silent Night. I would say half are slow and half are faster songs right for a party. It's still overall, good value for money and the pop-up sleeve gave my 2 year old son something to play with.
on 5 December 2010
I purchased this CD in spite of the bad reviews because I was simply looking for a CD with Christmas songs on it for my toddler son. I got exactly that. For 3 quid I'm not sure what kind of production you can expect. There were two songs that were sung particularly poorly but it was as if a small child was singing the song out of toon so I smiled when I heard it. The singing could have been better but they are fun songs, my son loved it, especially when I sang too. The songs get you in the mood for Christmas. There are a few "slow" songs but I'm not sure why that is a problem. They are beautiful songs. I liked the CD even if I didn't feel it was worth 5 stars.
on 10 December 2011
I can not rate this CD highly enough! It is an amazing collection of Christmas songs sang by a children's choir! I am a school teacher and bought this for playing at Christmas time. The kids love it and many staff in the school have also purchased it.
The rendition of "Little Donkey" is fantastic, it sounds quite like a Jackson 5 version of the song.
I would say buy, buy, buy. You wont regret it.x
on 23 December 2008
Some of the songs are done quite well but there are a few notable exceptions - little donkey being one of them where the small child singing sounds like he's doing a grating whine rather than singing and ruins what should be a beautiful song. A couple of the other songs suffer the same fate but the rest are ok.
on 27 June 2009
I just wanted some childrens carols to play for my daughter during the day. This is a very poor production and having tried a couple of times to get over my initial reaction I know I will never ever play it again.
I was trying to give it 0 out of 5 but the system makes me give at least 1.
on 3 January 2013
This cd is perfect for preschool children. I got 2 of them. 1 for my montessori and 1 for my grandchildren.
on 10 January 2013
I like it and now my new baby loves it too!! very "happy" music, lightens up your holidays!! -- --
VINE VOICEon 27 July 2009
my daughter loves this disc at christmas and we sing along to it in the car.
on 6 December 2014