5.0 out of 5 stars Super Blues
I thank Amazon UK for having this great live lost album. This CD is not to be found in. The USA.
Mike Bloomfield was second only to Hendrix! From start to beginning this CD will thrill you and hold your attention. The musicans are tops. Listen to Nicks vocals. Blues on the West Side is just an orgy of changes.
Mike rest in peace and thank you!
Published on 18 Dec 2009 by Fred Cordiano

3.0 out of 5 stars Blues Nostalgia!
I bought this on vinyl in the early 1970s, and always liked it, so I'm not quite sure why I did not replace it on cd when my vinyl was sold. I guess it was probably because it was not available!

Published on 31 May 2011 by J. HOLMES

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Blues, 18 Dec 2009
Fred Cordiano (Brooklyn, new York) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West: 1969 (Audio CD)
Mike rest in peace and thank you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great live blues, 11 Jan 2010
Mr. D. R. Bush "memfisbend" (Chew Valley) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West: 1969 (Audio CD)
Just browsing through my 'Recommendations' page on Amazon and came across this lost gem. I've owned this album on vinyl for many years but never expected it to see the light of day on CD. You'll either love it (for the live musicianship and some great tracks) or you will hate it as being nothing more than pointless glorified jams. Personally I love it and my order has already gone into Amazon and can't wait to hear the extra tracks which didn't make it onto the original vinyl. One thing that always struck me as strange about this album is that it sounds as though there are only about 20 - 30 people in the audience

3.0 out of 5 stars Blues Nostalgia!, 31 May 2011
J. HOLMES (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West: 1969 (Audio CD)

However, here it is again, with the addition of some extra tracks (including, rather inexplicably, one from the Live Adventures album). Suffice to say that it is a good record of a typically loose Bloomfield jam, which seemed to take place fairly regularly in the late 1960s, when he was without a regular band gig. My favourite track was always the instrumental Carmelita Skiffle, but there are plenty of others to be enjoyed.

The playing and singing is good (though not great), but at least the bum notes and odd moments when the beat goes slightly astray have not been re-done later in the studio - leading to a genuine live gig feel for the album.

Personally, I wouldn't put Bloomfield in the same class as Green, Clapton and Taylor were at that time, but he certainly loved his blues, and it shows in his playing.

All-in-all, a very enjoyable album of guitar based blues, though probably not essential for every collector!

5.0 out of 5 stars essential, 4 Mar 2014
A. G. Ruck - See all my reviews
This review is from: Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West: 1969 (Audio CD)
one of the greatest live recordings right up there with the allmans fillmore live. mike bloomfield made great music with paul butterfield but never reached those heights again except with this recording. blues on a westside is essential for any blues collection and one of the greatest guitar solo's ever recorded. get this plus the first two butterfield albums and you have the best of bloomfield.

ARRAY(0xb577551c)

Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West: 1969
Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West: 1969 by Michael Bloomfield (Audio CD - 2009)
Click for more info
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available