5.0 out of 5 stars A Brillent way to bring back memories
I was hoping I would find the episode 'How it all began' on DVD but the only results were all VHS, that was until I found the 25th anniversary DVD of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and thats when I was like "Bring it on!" when I recieved the DVD and started to watch it my god it brought back memories from when I was about 5 years old, I've always liked the Teenage...
Published on 22 Jun 2009 by Mr. Dp Webb

3.0 out of 5 stars Heroes in the half she'll!
Brilliant, has all episodes of Seasons 1 & 2 and also 4 bonus non chronological episode from Season 10 on disc 1. But this would have a full rating if the UK can release the whole set of all 10 Seasons.
Published 3 days ago by TheEnthusiastCollector

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Brings Back So Many Memories, 9 Jan 2012
This review is from: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 25th Anniversary Special Edition [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the Turtles when I was younger it was one of my favourite cartoons ever though when I watched them they were actually called Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles and everytime I heard someone say Ninja Turtles I was like 'No it was Hero' but I learned they renamed it Hero in the UK but they are still the same cartoons. With this DVD it just brings back fond memories from my childhood a Must Have DVD Purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's pizza time.....cowabunga, 15 Nov 2011
I was so excited when I stumbled across this collection of DVDs. The Turtles took over my life for about 4 yrs. I had everything Turtle related from bikes to pencils to computer games. Watching these DVDs has brought back some great memories for me and I can't wait to introduce them to my son who I am sure will love them also!!! BRILLIANT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boxset, 22 Sep 2011
Good value, though a bit confusing having much later episodes also on the DVD. Best thing is these have all the original cartoons- great to reminisce and remember my chilhood show and took me back to rushing home and watching DJ Kat. Anyone having any doubts as soon as they hear the cheesy title music will forget it. Really glad I bought it and arrive pretty quick as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars A blast from the past., 14 July 2011
Freya Bradley (Chesterfield) - See all my reviews
Yes the old classic of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back once again as their battle the evil Shredder from taking over the world with help from their rat master who is also their adoptive father master Splinter evil will never stand a chance with the boys in green are in town! Soon when you watch this again you will be yelling "COWABUNGA DUDES!" once again! It is very enjoyable and it is very funny as well for the whole family to enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars TMNT verdict, 20 Nov 2009
Mr. Chris Sayers (Basildon, Essex) - See all my reviews
Absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! So many great memories to be visited here. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles= AWESOME!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes! The old Turtles are back!, 22 Sep 2009
I've been looking for the old t.v cartoons of the Turtles for ages and now here they are! Belting!

5.0 out of 5 stars Turtles that can't be beat!!, 23 Feb 2010
Elizabeth Ward "zombie killer" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This was without a doubt my most favourirte cartoon as a child. To find out they were bringing out a DVD boxset was unbelievable. I didn't even have to think about buying it. The animation and characteristics are the best. Shredder is the best cartoon villain there is, along with his dimwited minions Bebop and Rocksteady who were good at bringing comic relief. The only thing now is trying to find out when the rest of the series is gonna be released. Shame they don't have cartoons like this today.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past - but a bit different to what you may remember, 26 Dec 2013
As a child in the 80s I never got to see any of the first season of Turtles. I only came in mid-way through the 2nd season so when I saw this 25th Anniversary edition of the show I jumped at the chance to finally see how it all began and get my nostalgia hit from the other episodes.

Firstly, as some have pointed out there are no extras. Given the tag of '25th anniversary' I would have expected some kind of retrospective documentary (examining the Turtles craze, interviews with the original writers or voice cast or even just a guide to how to the series was edited for Europe). In fact this is just a combination of the US volume 1 and volume 2 DVDs which leads onto my second point...

The episodes are the uncut US versions. For those that don't understand what this means, in the 80s and early 90s there was concern in the UK about the effect of TV violence on children. This meant that references to ninjas and weapons such as nun-chuks and throwing stars were not allowed in childrens programs. This meant that the show had to be edited so that most of the scenes with Michaelangelo's nun-chucks were removed and even the name of the show was changed to Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles. The introduction is quite different to what we got in the 80s in the UK. In our version all the images of nun-checks from the titles were replaced with scenes from the episode 'the incredible shrinking turtles.' It's very nice to see the episodes as they were meant to be seen but at the same time a bit sad no mention is made of the changes.

The episodes are in PAL 25 frames per second format and look pretty good for their age - the picture is a tad soft and there is a bit of edge-enhancement here and there but nothing too bad.

Overall this is a great package (especially as the price at the time of writing is about 10-11) full of nostalgia for those 30-somethings who were turtles-fans back in the day. One star off for the lack of extras (and subtitles)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 May 2013
DebbieP (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought these for my son who is 4 and has recently started watching the turtles. I grew up with these so am pleased that he also like them. Must have watched this DVD dozens of times since I purchased it and money well spent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazon = Robbing bastards, 17 Nov 2012
Great product, hence the five stars. Memories came flooding back of me and my friends choosing which turtle we were - i was always Leonard! i'd forgotten all about Beebop and Rocksteady! Brilliant stuff and all in one package. My only complaint is with Amazon's pricing team... This dvd used to be 12 but the robbing bastards have thrown an extra 7 on. I guess this has something to do with a new series of The Turtles returning to our screens. Cashing in on the kids. Shame on you.