5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed!
This blender is larger and much more solid than I expected. It comes with the normal blender bar, a decent sized jug/beaker, a chopper bowl and a whisk and whilst like a lot of women, I view kitchen gadgets as a handy tool rather than something to get excited about - this really is quite impressive.

It's sturdy and can easily be taken apart for cleaning. The...
Published on 30 May 2009 by Big Bertha

3.0 out of 5 stars philips blender
This machine is so powerful that unless it is in a tall container, it splatters over everything. I like to make soups in the pan but cant blend in the pan now as so messy. Also a bit long. Easy to clean.
Published on 18 April 2011 by L. Rundle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Impressed!, 30 May 2009
Big Bertha (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

It's sturdy and can easily be taken apart for cleaning. The steel shaft of the blender is removable and the chopping blade just lifts out of the bowl attachment which can either be washed in the sink or the dishwasher.
It is noisier than my old blender - but not excessively so.

Chopping boiled eggs with mayonnaise was achieved in seconds, vegetables for a stir-fry no time at all and finely chopped onions took a couple of bursts to achieve. At 600W the normal speed is more than adequate for my needs and in turbo mode it's shockingly powerful.

Other reviewers may not be as impressed but having previously used what now looks in comparison like a flimsy, cheap blender (it was) this is the business, the black and steel looks great and it's powerful enough for all my needs. The extra cost is definitely worth it for a far superior product.

The product picture (above) only shows the blender so I have uploaded a photo showing the chopper, beaker/jug and whisk attachment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressive Blender, 4 Jun 2009
CjW "chris" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We have an old Braun hand-held Blender and it needs food to be prepared before blending, ie it needs some help.

The Philips arrives in an enormous box, great for a pressie!

We tried the blender 'as is' on a Chilli-bean dip, this is very thick when prepared and the onions rather trip up the old Braun. The Phillips did the whole blend in 20 seconds; much, much finer than ever before and no pre-dicing required.

The family was very impressed. Good texture and the speed meant the dip was still hot and that improves the taste.

We then tried a Smoothy Milkshake, ice-cream, strawberries and a drop of milk. It took about 20 seconds in short bursts -brilliant.
The supplied mixing jug is 1 litre and filled three glasses with ice cold drink. It also comes with a tight non-spill lid, so any excess can be put straight in the fridge for later.

I then dragged out half a loaf of dry bread, tore it into chunks and chucked it into the accessory chopper jug. It only took a couple of bursts and we had perfect, evenly sized, breadcrumbs. very impressive.

So to test it further we replaced bread with peanuts, Ha! - never do it!

But it took 10 seconds and we had finely chopped nuts. So impressed were we that my wife declared she would make nut loaf as the process was now so much easier to prepare.

We have a full sized mixer too; but its such a pain to get out, set-up and clean, then put away -it doesn't get used that much.

The hand blender is so much more convenient and quite fun to use.
Noise is not excessive in use, quieter than the old Braun, now retired!

Cleaning, the unit motor unclips form the various blades easily.
The lovewer blades, whisks and jugs can all be dishwashed. brilliant.

To get the worst off, just fill a jug with warm water, tiny drop of detergent and press GO. It self cleans itself very efficiently.

The only downer is the poor instructions, they are good enough to operate the machine, thats all.

There's no tips as to what each device is good for and surprisingly no sample recipes of ideas, which the ladies were looking for.

The efficiency potential opens up lots of new opportunities for creativity that were simply too much effort to do beforehand.

One trick i saw at the Ideal Home Show, is a unit of this power will thicken a pot of double cream in 10 seconds, so thick that you can turn the pot upside down and the cream doesn't fall out!

All you now need are Scones and Jam to complete a perfect English Cream tea.

More Tea Vicar?

4.0 out of 5 stars Robust and does the job, 10 Jun 2009
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I will compare this to my Bamix blender, but not deduct points due to price differences between the two.

I've been using this blender for 2 weeks now and it can seem to cope with everything we thrown at it. The chopper is good but seems a bit fiddly. Overall, it's worth the price.

However, we have Bamix blender which we use to make skimmed milk into whipping cream etc in seconds. The Philips is not to that standard or quality and can't do some of the jobs the bamix can do in seconds.

Also, the other thing I must point out is that the HR1366 is a heavy unit compared to the bamix. The other thing which seems odd (well maybe not that odd), but the Philips is 600w and my bamix 350w but the bamix seems twice as powerful and also more silent.

I guess this comes down to build and the parts they use inside, keeping in mind the Bamix is probably 3 times more expensive.

Anyway, for the price point and quality the Philips seems like an obvious choice. However, if like my wife you hate heavy objects in your hand, then this may not be the blender for you and I would look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buzzzrilliant, 17 July 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have never used a hand blender before, EVER, and now I have used this I will never not use one again!

I have always been fairly traditional and chopped all my veg by hand and done all my whisking by hand, etc... but recently I have been finding it was getting painful on my hands to do it all by hand and this has been a great addition to my kitchen to help finish the job!

It is great for chopping onions, carrots, potatoes, anything that you might want to throw into your recipes... I found I was overdoing it though as it is very powerful and doesn't take much to do the job, but I am new to blenders, so it will take some perfecting. I managed to make some great smoothies, which the kids have loved and it purees fruit to the perfect consistency.

Obviously you do still need to do some prep with your food, so it isn't all hands free, but a few chops by hand and the blender can take over.

I was surprised at the size of it, as it is larger than I expected and somewhat heavier, but it is solidly built and I trust it will last well and withstand fair use. I was also impressed with the range of accessories that came with it, that mean it can be used as a whisk, blender and chopper, so it is very versatile.

I think it could be a great help to arthritis suffers who have hand pain and find chopping and cutting particularly painful, it saves a lot of effort and time. I think it is well worth its price and would be a great addition to any kitchen.

5.0 out of 5 stars A kitchen must have, 25 Jun 2009
D. Brown "Blogging at Tweedling, avid reader ... (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'd been after a hand blender for a while and I was thrilled when I got this one. It has attachments for blending, chopping and whisking. So far I've used it for all of those things with excellent results. The product comes with the hand blender, a jug and a chopper bowl. I've used it in making soup, blending fruit for juice, whisking eggs, whisking cream and chopping nuts.

The blender is sturdy but not too heavy. I store mine easily in my kitchen drawer. Attachments are easily removable for cleaning and, unlike some products, they clean very easily. The blender has a normal mode and a 'turbo' mode and it does the job very quickly.

The only downside I can see is it's a little noisy but this seems to be the case with most blenders.

All I know is that since I got this my food processor has remained unused. It's fantastic if you don't have space for a food processor/blender and is a superb addition to the kitchen even if you do have a full food processor but don't want to dig it out every time you need to do something in a hurry.

Absolutely fantastic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Much more than I expected., 11 Jun 2009
Mrs. Bryony A. Shaw "joltek" (Ely, Cambs) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am so pleased with this blender for a number of reasons.

First off, it looks fab. I love the black and it has a lovely feel to it. Also the stainless steel is the bit that goes in the dishwasher which is great as my previous stick blender was encased in white plastic which was quickly stained orange by my dishwasher and has looked unpleasant ever since.

It has a whisk attachment which I am finding really useful. It has a slight wobble to it which I was a bit worried about at first but it does not seem to affect the results of the whisking so another thumbs up.

It also comes with a container that effectively turns it into a food processor ( all be it a small one) You remove the stick of the blender and attach it to the chopper bowl and the motor powers the chopper for breadcrumbs etc.

As a stick blender it works as well, if not better than any I've tried. It doesn't spatter things up and is pretty fast and powerful. It is a little heavier to handle than my previous blender but then it's more powerful so it's swings and roundabouts.

All in all, it's a quality piece of kitchenware that I am very proud to have in my kitchen. Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb value for money, 8 Jun 2009
Rob S "Rob S" (Conwy, North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
superb value for money

Having owned a Philips handheld blender which was called a Billy Blender, for what most be 10 years thought it was maybe time for an upgrade, even though it still works and looks fine.

When the package arrived I was surprised to see so many attachments, as these don't appear to be mentioned in the product info, the attachments make this incredible value for money.

Our old blender is used frequently to make soup, which it does with ease, the new Philips HR1366/90 is a great piece of kit, more powerful than our old blender, which means it makes the soup faster and smoother If required.

The nice thing about the new blender are the attachments, I had never thought of making a smoothie with a blender, with the extra attachments it is very easy and very easy to clean unlike many of the smoothie makers, the blade comes away from the main body so can be soaked in water.

This is a great blender which I think every kitchen should have..

5.0 out of 5 stars Puree Power!, 25 May 2009
A. B. Mcmullon "Skypilot" (Sedbergh, Cumbria) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
In the past I've always used a full sized blender/mixer for most kitchen tasks that didn't just require a simple hand whisk. This blender has all the power you need to do many routine mixing, chopping and blending tasks directly at your work surface and without the time consuming tasks of setting up, using and washing a giant MagiWhizChef - or whatever it's called!

The blender arrived in a larger than I expected box including a mixing jug and a chopping container with the chopping attachment. The jug is made of rather rather thin and cheap plastic and you will probably discard in favour or a glass bowl or jug. Fortunately the chopping attachment is slightly more robust, although still made of plastic, and should prove more durable. The blender itself is extremely well made of rubber, durable plastic, steel and rubber - a quality piece of kitchen kit. It is larger than similar blenders I have used in the past but I guess that's to accommodate an electric motor powerful enough to deliver 600w of puree power! It operates on two speeds, standard and turbo, and whatever you do don't put your fingers in the way of the blending blades or you will probably loose the ends! Certainly don't allow small children access to this kitchen power tool!

In use it does all you would expect leaving food uniformly chopped, blended or pureed depending on how long you use the blender and whether or not you engage the turbo button. The blending tool can be removed from the end of the hand unit (helps with cleaning) and be replaced by a whisk or placed on the extremely sharp chopping blades. Small amounts, for a single omelette perhaps, are probably still best done with a hand whisk.

All in all a great piece of kit which can be hung on the kitchen wall next to your work top where it can be ready to help in all kiinds of duties. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does a decent job, but the lids are too tight., 17 Jun 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a decent enough hand blender, that gets
the job done.
I don't believe anyone would be disappointed with
the build quality, as it is made well enough, and
should last for some years... But your opinion of
quality may be different if you, like me, have
owned a Braun hand blender.

I have had my Braun Multiquick hand blender since
2005, and it is still working wonderfully.
It has a much more superior build quality, and I
will be reaching for this over the Philips.

This leads me onto a big disappointment with the
Philips...the lid.
The lid is so difficult to get off. It's a real
struggle.
In fact it was a struggle for other family members,
and none of us are frail.
Maybe it will loosen with repeated use over time,
but I doubt I'll be using it again.
My Braun is very user friendly with easier fitting
lids.
The Philips does not have variable speed control,
which I have found to be a great asset with my
other blender.

To sum up, there are better blenders out there, but
this one is still a good option if your not
particularly interested in the attachments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 3 Jun 2009
Aaron C Reskew (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This thing is small, and seems to be mighty. I wanted this to replace a 300W blender that just didn't really do what I needed, it lacked power and was hard to use.

This unit comes with an attachment with a small blade like a regular hand blender (and a pouring jug to use it with), it also comes with a food processor style container with a double blade for cutting things like onions etc, and a whisk attachment for - well - whisking.

It makes short work of smoothie blending and is extremely easy to clean. That last point is crucial - in the past it seems that things like this would turn a 5-minute job into a 30-second job but then turn 30 seconds of cleaning into 10 minutes.

So overall I rate this thing highly. Very impressed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Philips HR1366/90 Hand Blender, 600 Watt
Philips HR1366/90 Hand Blender, 600 Watt by Philips DAP (UK Kitchen and Home Supplier)
Used & New from: 106.00