5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Blender Review
Published on 10 May 2011 by Mr. C. Palmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a few months
I bought this for soup-making. It certainly blends well - this is down to the blades; I don't think the motor rating is all that important.
However - it has started leaking badly after a few months. The seal around the shaft that drives the blades has gone a bit sloppy. And the "unbreakable" jug has two cracks in it. The overall construction is flimsy.

So...
Published 11 months ago by Geoff M.

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips Blender Review, 10 May 2011
Mr. C. Palmer "Arnie" (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips HR2020/50 Silver Blender with 1.75 Litre Jug - 400 Watt (Kitchen & Home)
I don't usually write reviews, but I want to address a misconception that has been given in another review. The blender itself itself is fantastic and the extra-large jug is much better than our previous non-Philips blender, which broke due to old age (well, five years which was disappointing). We almost didn't buy this item because one of the reviews complained about the difficulty of fixing the jug to the base. The truth is that it is the same as any other blender - you read the instructions, line the jug up and slot it into place. No fuss, no bother, just great blending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Regarding the low reviews, 30 Mar 2014
Hi, I Know I'm not an amazon verified purchase. I brought this from retail, taking a risk after reading so many bad reviews on this site.

The blender is fantastic. I brought it for making soups and it really does its job. Plus it was easy to set up, clean and store.

Quite a few of the lower end reviews state that the blender fails, or the jar leaks.
Now I'm not a hundred percent, but yes, there will be faulty products, but I wouldn't expect that many faulty products.

After purchasing, I read the important leaflet and it clearly says not to use ingredients over 80 degrees Celsius and to not let the applicance run for more than a minute at a time. Or not to forget to place sealing ring on the blade unit otherwise leakage will occur.

I believe some of the reviewers were not aware of this and that would have broken their blender causing them to give a negative review.

I just wrote this review to give people peace of mine because I was concered with the amount of negative reviews so I hope this clears things up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blender!, 10 Feb 2014
Really impressed with this! It works well and is easy to clean after use because there is only two parts to deal with. I would recommend this highly! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but perfect for the job, 19 Feb 2010
Mark Ward (UK) - See all my reviews
My mother-in-law has a small kitchen and she's not very tall. She also has arthritis. This blender was the perfect replacement for her 70s monster. Why don't more manufacturers design blenders where the jug is stored upside down over the base? It saves loads of space, just the ticket. It's also easy to use, not too tight fitting but no spillage, ideal for weaker hands. I definitely rate this highly - and it's cheap, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - we use pretty much every day, 6 Sep 2012
We bought one of these a couple of years ago and kept it dedicated to making daily smoothies. For us, that involves blending frozen fruit with fresh bananas and milk. That's brutal treatment - try whizzing frozen strawberries if you don't believe me! The blender stood up to the task before one of the blades finally broke. However, we were so happy that we bought another!
Great product

1.0 out of 5 stars Fine for a few months, 18 Aug 2013

So - unless I can tighten that shaft (left-hand thread!), it will have to go in the bin.

This blender has to be considered a consumable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 10 Feb 2010
Kimon "Keith" (Shipston on Stour) - See all my reviews
Realy good design (jug fits over motor ) saves space. Everyting we've tryied it has done to perfection

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Blender, 25 Feb 2010
Not much to say that hasnt been said by other reviewers, beware the 2020 model doesnt have the fruit filter mentioned in the description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Blender, 5 Jan 2010
Stu (Ballyclare, N Ireland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellant machine. Does exactly what it says on the tin! Makes soup, blends food and produced a fantastic Pina Colada (with blended ice!) or two on New Years Eve! I particularly like the fact that the jug can be inverted and used to cover the machine for compact and neat storage, meaning it's perfectly acceptable to leave out on the kitchen worktop between uses. Thoroughly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Philips HR2020 Blender, 18 Sep 2010
Brilliant product Light and easy to use. I like the suction cups that hold it firm to the work surface and the Blending is sublime

Philips HR2020/50 Silver Blender with 1.75 Litre Jug - 400 Watt
Philips HR2020/50 Silver Blender with 1.75 Litre Jug - 400 Watt by Philips DAP (UK Kitchen and Home Supplier)
37.99