on 4 January 2012
When i bought this, I was looking for something that my 4 month old could hold onto and interact with (and grow into). Something fun that had lights and music. And while it does fulfill those requirements, it's only on the most basic, boring level. The light in the center only flashes green and for 5 seconds at a time. There is only one song on it, which gets old after a few times. You have to shake the pot pretty rigorously to get the light/music to come on...so a young baby can't do it on their own- it's my 3 year old son who shakes it (like a lasso around his head). Honestly, in the month we've had it, we've rarely played with it. But I'm hopeful her interest in it will grow as she gets older. So, as of now, I wuoldn't really recommend this product. It's boring.
on 30 October 2012
Purchased this for my baby daughter after buying some other Lamaze toys.
This is definitely one of her favourites now, originally bought when she was around 3months, perhaps then this toy was a little old for her, but now coming up 5 months she loves to play with it whilst sat in her car seat or slumber chair, every time she bats it the toy rewards her with a tune / noise to which the flower lights up - it brings a big smile to her face every time.
I love Lamaze toys they are well made, excellent quality, brightly coloured and fantastic value for money.
If this toy is carried in a bag or boot of car it has a tendency to go off every time you drive over a bump - not that it annoyed us but I could see the potential for the not so patient buyer!
on 8 October 2012
I was recommended to buy this product by a friend with a baby the same age as my daughter. When it arrived I was really excited as it was lovely bright colours and soft fabric, the middle lights up green when tapped gently and it plays a tune and the petals are that crackly material - it looks just as it does in the pics. However, my daughter wasn't that impressed, she smiled at it initially but hasn't paid it much attention since. It doesn't have an off switch which means if it is knocked accidentally or you take it in the car or pushchair it goes off constantly. It only plays one tune which is somewhat annoying and VERY loud, it doesn't stand up on it's own and the stem is too short to wrap around pushchair or cot bars. All in all a bit disappointing. Other Lamaze toys are nicer.
on 18 December 2012
Bought this for my son ( now 4months) he showed an interest in it from early on but now it is one of the main toys he plays with. I lie it across his stomach and he bashes it with his arms- he loves it. Unlike other reviews- you have to tap it to activate it, not shake it. And it does have an off switch-inside the 'pot' bit, open the Velcro and feel inside ( you do have to rummage a bit) but there is definately an off switch there!
on 15 November 2010
Bought this item for our 4 month old boy and he absolutely love's it. Every time he taps the flower the music sounds and the light comes on. I would highly recommend to all as it really encourages your little one to play and will have hours of fun.
on 26 April 2012
Bought for my 9 month old niece for Xmas. It kept going off in our spare room and in the lead up to Xmas we could hear the music and see the light shining through the wrapping paper! Quite amusing! Niece loved it, it crinkles and bends & the light is very bright. Does what it says... lights up and is musical. She loved it!
on 5 October 2012
Lovely musical toy. So easy for baby to set the tune off unlike other toys. The downside is that you cant stand it up. Probably fine if baby can sit up and play. The stem is long so becomes top heavy and falls over. When wrapping around cot/buggy it will need to be secured to stop it falling off.
on 12 October 2013
Grand-daughter loved this toy.
Unfortunately first one just stopped working after a few months.
You sent a replacement very quickly and she was so pleased to get a favourite toy back so quickly.
on 26 February 2012
This simple toy was one of the first that I bought for my daughter aged 2-3 months and she loved it. The only thing I would say is that after 5 months of use the bulb/light has gone in the flower but this is a minor thing. Good value for money and would make a nice gift for someone.
on 13 March 2011
A lovely, bright, noisy toy which my Daughter really enjoys, she likes to eat the crinkly leaves & watch the light.
The first one I purchased broke within a day & my Daughter was only 4 months old so I was disappointed but Amazon replaced it without any problems & the 2nd one we have is still working perfectly.