5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for kids - but noisy!! :)
We've had an old bop it lying around for years. It's always good fun and gets used in fits and spurts...but it's always been too hard for our two little boys with it's five different actions.

Published on 23 Oct. 2009 by A. Milne

1.0 out of 5 stars Second hand????
When this toy arrived it looked second hand. It was scratched, marked and the writing on the front rubbed off. I am sure the toy is fine (once opened as it is a Christmas present) but the condition is absolutely dreadful. Very disappoined
Published 5 months ago by Heather Salvador

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for kids - but noisy!! :), 23 Oct. 2009
A. Milne "themilnes" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)

Therefore, I was really excited when I saw this new version with only three different hand actions of bop it, (of course!), pull it and twist it, because I thought the boys should be able to manage those. AND, of course, they've gone and added a SHOUT IT - what more could a little person want than to get to legitimately make some noise?! This has been such a hit in my house. Our five year old was managing to regularly get scores over 10 after just a few goes which he's soooo chuffed about, and although it's still a little hard for our little one on his own, the two of them are playing games together where they have two of the actions each and it works a treat! I'd highly recommend it for kids age 5 or 6 upwards...although of course with the shout it, you won't be getting much peace even if they are playing nicely! For adults, or people used to the bop it with more actions, this may be a little easy...but hey, still good fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, fast, annoying (in a good way!), 6 Oct. 2009
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
I've had the older version Bopit before, and thought I'd buy this new one to try it. Disappointingly it's missing the spin-it and flick-it actions, but has a new shout-it! The Bop-it action gets interesting by involving hitting various body parts, specifically for party mode. I found it very easy to master following it's predesor and completed it in less than 20 attempts. (But I am 29!) -it has 3 levels which you unlock as you progress. I gave it to my nephew who's 7 and he got frustrated with it and couldn't score more than 3. I think it would be difficult to play in party-mode for kids less than 10years old. But for adults after a few drinks I think it will be very fun! The music is annoying to anyone not playing, but there are 3 volume settings. It's a great game to improve kids mental/sound/hand-coordination. The unit itself is quite indestructable. I recommend it because I'm a Bop-it fan!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 7 Feb. 2014
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
A toy that's good fun to play with friends and family, but it needs fast reactions - you need to do one of pull it, shout it, twist or bop it. If you pick the wrong one, a voice either encourages you to try again, laughs at your incompetence or just says "Oh, I'm going to sleep". But if you get it right, you just have to keep on going and the instructions get faster and faster. You're given a score for how well you've done. The batteries last for ages - we've had it for well over a year and it still has the original batteries in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and educational, 21 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
I work in a secondary special school for pupils with 'barriers to learning'. These are predominantly behaviour-related and led to them having large amounts of absence from school/lessons and exclusions before coming to us. They also have many anti-social behaviours but this game has been an amazing bridge in so many aspects. I teach literacy and numeracy; they have discussions on the merits of different options that the game has, what techniques prove more effective/get the higher score, they are quiet as they need to listen to the instructions during the game, they learn numeracy as they work out who has the highest score/by how much/ranking to see who is 2nd, 3rd etc. As for social skills? They wait their turn, they pass it on to the next player, they encourage and/or tease each other, they have a laugh! The amount of staff who have also become addicted in trying to beat the pupils' highest score (it currently stands at 92 but it will be beaten as, before that, it was 45) is hilarious, and seeing staff and pupils in an engrossed, happy group, all focusing on bopit, it a sight to see as building positive adult-child relationships is also part of our work. As for durability? These kids are tough kids, yet the game has stood up to some rough handling and still looks/plays like new. I just wish I could afford more of them, so we could have a 'head to head' with teams. My score? I hang my head in shame as it is only 5, so far.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Adults only, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
Brought as a Christmas present for a very clever five year old, but still a little complicated for them. The adults on the other hand are completely addicted. But it's robust enough to confirm that it will still be around in a year or two's time when the owner is old enough to really get into it. Question is will the adults now be prepared to share?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family entertainment - watch out, the kids will beat you!!!, 10 April 2010
Spent hours with the family playing this game but just as addictive when set to one player. Great value pressie for the kids, or adults!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the visually impaired, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
I showed my niece, who's totally blind, my Bop It! and she absolutely loved it. After a very few attempts she scored 57 which I thought was remarkable so I ordered one for her. It came very quickly and I unhesitatingly give it five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bop It is Brilliant!, 17 Jan. 2011
Santa Claus brought this amazing toy to my eight year old daughter this Christmas and it kept not only her but the entire family entertained for many, many hours over the holiday season. We range in ages from 2 up to 65 and everyone got very involved and ultra competetive. Although my daughter absolutely adores it and is still playing with it nearly a month later (result!) I don't think it should be marketed solely for kids as it is used just as often after the children are in bed and the adults have a had a few glasses of wine! Can't reccommend it enough, get one, get one for everyone you know!

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic party toy, well recommended, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
Noisy, loud, slightly idiotic. Repetitive with it. Bop It!is an utterly infuriating party game/device which calls out instructions for you to carry out - "pull it", "twist it", "bop it", etc - before passing it on to the next unfortunate game player. For all its irritating idiocy, its a strangely compelling game, and before long you'll find resistance broken as you too join in the bopping, twisting, pulling frenzy.

This version of Bop It is a stripped down version, with slightly less to do, in a slightly smaller package than the original (which had spins and flicks as well). But its all the better for it. Just as much fun to play, and easier to pack/store. My kids regularly pick it up to play with on their own, or to challenge friends and each other. And it always seems to make them laugh.

A classic toy, well implemented. Delighted to have bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant fun for whole family, 10 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Bop It! (Toy)
Love it. Arrived we'll packaged and in only a few days. Great fun for the whole family. Good for the school run as it often doesn't take long, but the challenge is there and the kids are really trying to get a higher score each time

Bop It!