5.0 out of 5 stars High quality interconnect
AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable (15.2 Metres) [Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging] is exactly what it says in the description. It is one of a range of quality interconnects, supplied by Amazon and bearing the AmazonBasics logo, which includes HDMI, USB and other length Ethernet LAN cables. Although reasonably priced the product is of good quality and comes in...
Published on 24 Jan. 2010 by James B. Spink

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, Description Omits Important Detail
It is questionable whether this cable is compliant with cat5e standards as the conducting cores are manufactured from copper clad aluminium (CCA) which is omitted from the description. It is unlikely to perform as well as a cable manufactured with pure copper cores.
Published 15 months ago by Fair Trade

‹ Previous | 15 6 718 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable, 18 Feb. 2010
M. Williams "Matt Williams" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat5e High Speed Ethernet Patch Cable 14 Feet /4.2 m (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've got a bundle of ethernet cables that have built up over the years, but this one is conveniently long so it reaches all the way around my room from the network socket that was installed in a corner of the room that seemed logical at the time, but is now in the wrong place since I rearranged the furniture.

I particularly like the connectors, which are shielded by an extra piece of plastic that I haven't come across. I've broken lots of connectors in my time but these feel like they are just a little more robust.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and snagless, 1 Feb. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I like this cable because the snaglessicity of it works well, and unlike some "booted" cables, the mechanism works well, and isn't so fiddly that big fingers can't unplug the cable. Some booted cables, with stiff plastic boots can be a pain to remove from the backs of equipment. I'm pleased to say that this cable doesn't suffer from that - so even with my large fingers it can be removed with ease.

This is 24AWG cable too so is suited to high performance CAT5e work. A fine product that I can heartily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good LAN Cable, 28 Jan. 2010
Gortalath "Gortalath" (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can highly recommend these LAN cables. They are long enough for any household run and are strong and of good quality. They also have a plastic protector to stop the securing clip from breaking off as can sometimes happen. The item also arrived really quickly as well.

The only thing I didn't like was that again there was far too much packaging for something which can easily take care of itself. There was a cardboard box and some inner packaging as well which is just too fussy for a strong plastic item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money and very good quality, 22 Nov. 2010
I bought this cable to connect my TV to the router (the original wireless module would cost more than £70). Now the telly is online and me very KHAPPY that all works perfect.

- The frustration free package is frustration free.
- The quality is very good. Especially the clips to hold the cable in the slot look like they won't break easily. I cannot rate the isolation quality on the cable. But I doubt any buyer here would be interested in anyway.
- The value for money is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 8 Oct. 2010
Tea Tango (London, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Its an ethernet cable, and its pretty cheap. I cannot find any issues with it.
The packaging is pretty easy to open, its a pizza box.

5.0 out of 5 stars 50m patch cable, 16 Sept. 2011
Item arrived promptly and well packaged, secure and protected but easy to open as for the cable it is well made and so far given a good quality connection. I don't see why anyone would pay a premium price for the fancy packaging of certain branded cables when this amazon basics cable does the same job for a lot less of your hard earned cash. Unless your a superstar with to much money.AmazonBasics RJ45 Cat5e Ethernet Patch Cable (50 Feet / 15.2 Meters)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Cable, 17 Jun. 2012
Richard Allen (Wellington, Somerset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I was tempted by some of the other cables offered by Amazon and aution sites. Some of them substantially cheaper. Surely a cable is a cable, isn't it? But as they say, if you buy cheap, you buy twice. So I spent a bit more on a brand I could trust. As with all Amazon basics products I have, the quality is high but at a fair price. Can't fault it at all. Don't be tempted by something that looks too cheap, spend a few pounds more and buy with confidence.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, cable could be a bit more flexible though, 14 Feb. 2010
Glezza (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Perfect for anyone on a tight budget who doesn't want to fiddle with stripping cables and adding their own connectors, like me!

My only complaint: The cable arrives in a roll, and seems to want to stay that way, the sleeve coating seems to want to stay as a roll... after a bit of a fiddle though it all works perfectly.

Great value for anyone building a small network either in a small office or home office, or just for a wired network at home!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good ethernet cable for my XBox360, 11 Feb. 2010
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I use this cable for connection from my XBox360 to my router and it does the trick. I wanted a cable that is long enough to run underneath the carpet around the skirting board to stay out of the way and it works well. The cable has a catch free connector so if you're pulling the cable from an awkward place it doesn't catch on anything. It seems to give good performance and I don't keep dying when i'm playing on the XBox which is a good sign.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 13 May 2011
Bob (Onchan, Isle of Man United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As the cable supplied with my router was not long enough to reach my desktop computer from where I wanted to site it I have tried several wi-fi dongles. I've found them frustrating. They would work for a while then, for no obvious reason, they would refuse to connect. It would take lots of messing about and swearing before they would start working again. A longer cable is the more reliable solution. This one seems good value and it works.

‹ Previous | 15 6 718 | Next ›