Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is an excellent quality cable, which functions perfectly, and has a nice design (black with the amazon logo in orange). Amazon Basics is a welcome range of high quality, reasonably priced computing basics and essentials which deserves to be very popular.

Just one criticism, not about the product itself but about the packaging. Frustration free packaging it may well be, but it's incredibly wasteful and has a huge carbon footprint. My cable, which measures 100cm long by 0.50cm thick, (and can be coiled around a little and fixed with an elastic band without damage) was delivered in a very large box, so large it came by parcel force van. When I saw the box I thought it was a huge encyclopaedia inside! Inside this large box was another, almost as large, box which contained the cable. I'm sure my little cable would have fitted perfectly into a jiffy bag, saving packaging and also fitting through my letterbox rather than being treated as a large package! If amazon sort out the issue of wasteful packaging, they have a perfect, truly award worthy range of high quality, affordable computing basics. Just make the packaging a bit more basic, too!
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 25 April 2015
A great way of connecting USB devices to your TV. Most Televisions have their usb ports in the most inaccessible of places, obsessed with clean lines manufacturers refuse to put them either at the front or on the top of the TV. This makes the plugging in and removing of USB sticks and hard drives a real pain. this short USB extender cable is an easy way to make this a whole lot easier. Long enough to make the plugging in and unplugging easy, but short enough to remain hidden neatly behind the tv when not in use, this has stopped many a rant from me when trying to plug ijn a USB stick into my TV
VINE VOICEon 29 September 2012
Fed up with the number of devices that now come with such short USB cables that they are almost impossible to use properly, or that they end up hanging from a plug socket whilst being re-charged, I finally got around to ordering this Amazon Basics USB extension cable. It has been very useful already, and it's the sort of thing anybody using USB devices will find themselves wanting sooner or later (I'll be buying another one for my wife, who often has devices literally hanging from her PC).

Most important thing first - it has worked fine with every device I have tried it with so far. Other than that, it feels sturdy enough, the male connector fits easily into my D-Link USB hub alongside many other connectors, the cable has good shielding and the gold-plated connectors look good quality.

Two slight oddities though. Firstly, this Amazon Basics cable cost more than many other equivalent cables for sale on Amazon - I wouldn't expect that of a Basics item. Secondly, one of the things about Amazon Basics is supposed to be the simple packaging. Simple it was, but the box was far bigger than required, and that box was then put inside another bigger box for posting. It looked like there was going to be a 1500 page book in there, rather than a 1 metre cable.

Recommended, but with the caveat about price mentioned above.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 14 January 2015
I bought the 1 metre version of this extension cable, and I can't really say much more than this: it's a good quality cable (surprisingly good, in fact), with robust and secure male/female connectors, and which is being sold here on Amazon at a very reasonable retail price. It delivers what it promises to deliver - at least, for a 1 metre USB 2.0 cable, where any drop off in data transmission/DC current is going to be insignificant.

The only downside (and the principal reason why I have awarded this product 4 stars, and not 5) is this: the postage and packing costs were actually higher than the purchase price of the cable itself, which means that this turns out to be not quite the incredible bargain it at first appears - and overall, that slightly soured the buying experience as far as I was concerned.

Accepting the above, this is yet another impressive member of the AmazonBasics range and is highly recommended.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I was quite surprised when I received this item. It came in a rather large box, further enclosed in a cardboard envelope. Further to this, it was a tad fiddly to open the main box, despite Amazon's "Frustration-Free Packaging"!

Onto the product, it is basically a USB 2.0 extension cable. I have tried it with a number of devices from cameras to USB external hard-drives and it works perfectly. The connectors are gold plated, which is always a good thing, and the outer rubber material of the lead has a nice feel to it. Oh, and it has the Amazon brand "Amazon Basics" written on the lead connectors, as shown in the picture.

An instruction manual is included, which has details of the 1-year warranty should the device fail. All-in-all, this is a simple extension cable that does what it says on the tin.
on 5 January 2013
Apple are just so tight, thinking everyone is within less than a metre of a plug socket. It'd cost them tuppence to supply a 2m rather than 1m original lead.

I did buy a useless 3m-long Apple-specific lead off Amazon, but it would hardly add to the charge of an iPad when it was in use; and, wouldn't get it past 85% charge capacity.

So I reverted to Apple's original lead + this USB extension.
on 4 November 2013
I got this as I have a wireless keyboard/mouse and the noise from the computer itself was stopping the receiver working properly. This is a common problem on newer computers with USB 3.0 connectors which generate a lot of noise over a broad spectrum. Plugging the receiver into this cable so it could be located a little away from the source of the noise worked a treat and the range went up from a couple of metres line-of-sight to something like 10 metres whilst passing through two walls. The shielding on the cable can only help in reducing pick-up from the USB 3.0 connectors. Great to have a mouse and keyboard that work reliably and consistently now.

One metre is more than enough length for this kind of job - just a shame the one metre cables always seem to be more expensive than equivalent 3 metre ones.

Nicely constructed.
on 1 December 2014
This is just perfect to extend my USB hub so I can get at it easily. The 'no frills' packing is also a bonus as you're not paying for what you can't use. It may be advertised as 'basic' but it does what's needed of it. I'd recommend it to anyone that needed an extension for any reason.
I bought two of these to extend wireless USB receivers for my mouse and keyboard. Not wanting to clog up the front USB ports on my PC, I now plug them in the rear and run this cable out to the front somewhere.

Fits well, has worked without fault and seems well made and at a very good price. No need to buy some steel braided, hugely expensive cable.

Recommended.
on 26 May 2014
I must admit that I have to have items like this just in case I ever need it! For items such as the iPad (which has a small cable) this is useful as I have a small desk and I need to ensure that there is enough space on the desk for other items such as my printer. This allows me to free up some space and connect the iPad albeit from a distance. Very worthwhile purchase overall!