5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money
Arrived within 5 days of ordering by free postage. Using it to charge my iPad which it does no problem and the extra length enables me work in comfort. Similar product in PC World was £35.00
Published on 31 Mar 2011 by David Kenyon

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't use with a T-Mobile broadband dongle
Published on 18 Aug 2010 by M. Shackleton

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't use with a T-Mobile broadband dongle, 18 Aug 2010
M. Shackleton (England) - See all my reviews
I bought this cable for use with a T-Mobile broadband dongle: it does not work for this purpose! I can only assume that the cable is not sufficiently shielded or the voltage drop is too great for this use. So I instead purchased a different (longer, 5m!) USB extension cable, also via Amazon, that turns out to work perfectly for what I need. You can find this alternative listed as: "USB A male to A Female Extension Cable 5m" by CDL Micro.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality but not suitable for charging mobile devices, 5 Nov 2012
I made the assumption that I would be able to use this cable as an extension for charging my mobile phone (Galaxy S3) since the charger is USB based. It seems that the voltage drop is too much and thus won't carry enough current to charge my phone.

Works great for a data, not for charging.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT for charging..., 25 April 2013
I had hoped I could use this extension cable to charge up my Kindle Fire at the same time as using it instead of relying on the titchy cable supplied by Amazon. However the charging ability drops substantially with this extension cable plugged in.

Works fine for transferring data but look elsewhere for a charger extension...

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 31 Mar 2011
David Kenyon (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A high quality, sturdy lead., 5 Jan 2011
I've just received my 3 metre USB extension lead and am very impressed. Don't let the Amazon 'basics' name fool you, this product is seriously good quality.

I opted for the Amazon version over those made by other manufacturers as the female socket has its own plastic casing, cheaper versions have the metal connector exposed which led me to question how long such a version would stand up to being bashed about a bit - traveling in my laptop bag. No such worries with the Amazon version.

I'm currently using the lead plugged into the back of my desktop computer, with my Microsoft wired USB mouse attached to it. It's functioning as normal, so the lead clearly works well.

Buy with confidence!

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, good value basics., 27 Jan 2010
Lucy Lavande - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: AmazonBasics USB 2.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cable 3.3 Feet / 1.0 m (Personal Computers)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an excellent quality cable, which functions perfectly, and has a nice design (black with the amazon logo in orange). Amazon Basics is a welcome range of high quality, reasonably priced computing basics and essentials which deserves to be very popular.

Just one criticism, not about the product itself but about the packaging. Frustration free packaging it may well be, but it's incredibly wasteful and has a huge carbon footprint. My cable, which measures 100cm long by 0.50cm thick, (and can be coiled around a little and fixed with an elastic band without damage) was delivered in a very large box, so large it came by parcel force van. When I saw the box I thought it was a huge encyclopaedia inside! Inside this large box was another, almost as large, box which contained the cable. I'm sure my little cable would have fitted perfectly into a jiffy bag, saving packaging and also fitting through my letterbox rather than being treated as a large package! If amazon sort out the issue of wasteful packaging, they have a perfect, truly award worthy range of high quality, affordable computing basics. Just make the packaging a bit more basic, too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not very exciting, but brilliant at what it does!, 23 Jan 2010
Mellow Yellow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very simple item which is designed to give you an extension to your USB cables. I use a wheelchair and my base unit is close to the floor and I cannot reach down that low to plug my ipod and camera in, so this has been a lifesaver and has prevented me from having to bend down. So many products come with short USB cables and this fixes that problem without slowing down the connection.

This is well made and looks like it will stand the test of time. I am VERY pleased with my lead and recommend it to anyone who is struggling with the ever increasing number of products with ridiculously short cables!

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant piece of kit...!, 23 Jan 2010
Bryan (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The extension cable arrived today and I used it in conjunction with my web cam. The problem with my web cam is that viewers write to me and ask can't I move it back a bit. Well, the lead was stretched to its limit. Now with the extension cable in use, I can use the web cam a further metre away and everyone is happy!
The quality of the image is still acceptable - any fault is actually with the web cam and its software, certainly not the extension lead!
I highly recommend the purchase of this extension cable, even as a standby, because there is bound to come a time when you'll want to use the USB port and find the existing cable on the peripheral equipment doesn't reach...well, with the extension cable - now it can! Worth every penny!

3.0 out of 5 stars Semi-functional - some loss of power means not all devices work, 12 Mar 2012
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This USB extension lead does part of the job I wanted it for (extending the miserly 1m lead that comes with a Samsung Galaxy Tab) admirably, so I no longer find myself accidentally unplugging my tablet from its charger. It's a basic black lead - but Amazon did still manage to integrate their logo twice over.

However, the male ends of device leads don't seem to plug fully into the female end of this - leaving about 5mm of metal exposed when pushed in as tightly as they will go. I don't know if it's this gap or the simple fact of the extension cord being present but there is some drop in power vs using the mains lead directly. Whilst the extension presents no problems for charging my tablet, not enough power gets through to allow my Samsung keyboard dock (which uses the tablet's charger lead as its power supply) to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and a useful length, 26 Jun 2014
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Good, shorter-length extensions and of quality construction.

There are a number of situations where it may be better or more convenient to use an extension cable rather than to plug a device directly into a port on your computer. Devices such as wireless dongles for mouse or keyboard, and some Ethernet adapters etc come to mind.

In this instance, I had purchased them for use with a particular laptop which, for various reasons, was returned due to certain unresolved faults. As they were not despatched prior to that event and cancellation was declined, they were also returned.