5.0 out of 5 stars A good product..!
It is a good fibre cable with a reasonable price. It was packed well and working well. So I am giving five star rating.
Published on 30 July 2010 by Sumesh

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, but cheaper better alternatives available
True, this cable does what it sets out to do, and one fibre optical cable is pretty much as good as another so long as its looked after - the only real difference being how robust they are.

The Toslink connector is a standard so you should have no problems with lose connections unless you get a very very poor quality cable.

Personally I have tended...
Published on 15 Feb. 2010 by The Fat Monk

5.0 out of 5 stars A good product..!, 30 July 2010
This review is from: AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable 6 Feet / 1.8 m (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Cable, 27 Nov. 2013
Purchased this for use with Panasonic TV and Soundbar. Usual excellent delivery service from Amazon and delighted that product was every bit as good as far more expensive items sold by high street electrical retailers at a fraction of the cost.

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-audiophile perspective, 19 Feb. 2010
GadgetDad "kcampbel" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This was my first introduction into the world of optical cables. I used mine to connect my Humax Foxsat to my ageing Sony DAV system (which does not have HDMI). Handling the cable was fine because it is not like having a great chunky scart cable behind the TV. 2 metres was ample length to do the connection and will be fine in most situations except where items are placed along way apart. Cant see why anyone would spend more on a cable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic quality, 12 Jan. 2011
Does what it claims to do. I'm not an audio-head who wants a high-end audio lead. This a basic digital optical cable, connecting my PS3 to my home-cinema for surround sound output.

For a little over [...] in Dec 2010, but it seems to have gone up to [...] now (Jan 2011), it feels a quality product; thick, sturdy,well insulated and robust - unlike other 'basic' optical leads which seemed very fragile due to their hair-width thickness.

A very decent product...for a little over [...].

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and performance, 7 Jan. 2015
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
I bought this Amazon Optical Cable to connect a TV to a soundbar and it does the job perfectly at a keen price. In terms of performance I can't discern any audible difference between this cable and considerably more expensive versions I used in two recent AV installations. In common with all these optical cables, if you're not used to fitting them, remember that to make them fit and work you need to remove the small, protective rubber plugs which are fitted at each end. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Flexible High Quality Cable, 15 Nov. 2012
R. Kennedy "i3903" (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
You can't go wrong with an AmazonBasics Toslink cable - simple, straight forward packaging and a good all round quality cable. Like some of the other reviews have mentioned, the flexibility of the cable is a welcome treat, unfortunately most cables are extremely ridged, but the Amazon Basics cable is a pleasant change!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good solid build at a good price, 12 Mar. 2014
An optical cable does not have to be gold ended cost the earth as no amount of bling is going to make a jot of difference to the sound quality as it is a digital signal being sent via light - you can't really degrade it - it just has to pass light from one device to another and have a good solid build so it doesn't come apart. This cable is well built, very flexible, reasonably think outer sheath to prevent damage and comes at a reasonable price. We are using it between our Sky+ box and our LG sound bar and it does the job beautifully. I have found the build quality of all the AmazonBasics products we have to be really very good and at a sensible price point.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine and good audio quality, 13 Mar. 2013
Got this to link my AppleTV unit to my Sony Home Theatre amp as the Digital Audio was the only unused input left on the Sony!
The Sony has two altnerative video/sound input functions - Video1 and Video2. I use Video1 for the DVD player and Video2 for the Sky+ box. Only problem seems to be that when the TosLink is plugged in it takes over the soound chanel from the Video1/Video2 CD/Sky inputs and the only way to get the sound back from those devices is to unplug the TosLink cable. Probably a quirk of the Sony unit. The cable itself is fine. Maybe I need some kind of in-line switch box on the TosLink to Sony cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Cable, 28 Sept. 2010
Got my optical cable the day after I had ordered it, great start there. I opened the box and the inside was basic,nothing to tell you how to use this product, I know it should be simple, but I have never used this product before. I could not get the cable to connect, and thought well thats my money down the drain. I looked on amazon for the reviews of the cable to see what had been said about the product. Just my luck, I found a review which might help me, so I read it, and to my amazement there was the answer. I thought no it can't be that simple but it was. When the cable gets to you there are 2 little plastic caps which need to be removed, plugged in again and nearly blew my speakers off the wall, I had perfect 5.1 sound. This optical cable is well worth the money even though I got off to a bad start, beats going to high st stores and paying over the odds. I would recommend this product to anyone, going off my experience, the readers may have their own views on this product, but for me, it was a good move.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great link between Sky and surround sound amp, 12 Feb. 2010
D. Clarke "Dragonthoughts" (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This cable is a great way for guaranteeing perfect communication from a Sky+, Sky HD or similar device with optical output into a surround sound system with optical input.

It's much better than an electrical wired connection as there optical fibre ensures there is absolutely no loss of information between devices and no possibility of electrical interference.

This optical cable is quite long, which means it is great for connecting devices that are a fair distance apart, but can be coiled up easily if the devices are close together.

This type of connector is symmetrical, so you don't need to worry which way around to plug it in.

Tip: If things don't seem to be working, check that you've switched on optical output from the source. You can see if it's working by looking at the end of the optical cable when it's plugged into the source, as it will appear to glow red if it is working.