5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Monitor
This is an absolutely stunning monitor and at a pretty good price for a 120Hz model. It worked straight out of the box when plugged into a Windows 7 64bit system, requiring no installation of drivers just an adjustment up to 120Hz from within the display properties.
Published on 18 Oct 2009 by thingy_wingy

3.0 out of 5 stars only a first generation monitor, cant use for 3D blu-ray
This monitor works well at its 1680x1050 resolution, and displays 3D very well, and I was pleased with it. However it was one of the first 3D displays to come out (and I quickly bought it at the time), but
Published on 7 Nov 2010 by Pete

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Monitor, 18 Oct 2009
thingy_wingy (Accrington, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung SM2233RZ 22" 3D Monitor (Gloss Black) (Personal Computers)
Bluray movies look absolutely stunning when played through this monitor and when accompanied by the 3d glasses, games leap out of the screen at you. A fantastic purchase and one which I highly recommend to anyone looking for a 'future-proof' replacement monitor.

3.0 out of 5 stars only a first generation monitor, cant use for 3D blu-ray, 7 Nov 2010
now that higher resolution 1080p monitors are out at 120 Hz, I would hold off buying this one. I have been happy with it for games, but recently I wanted to play a 3D blu-ray, and realised that there was a problem with it. They simply wont play on it. It is HDCP compliant for blu-ray playback at 60 Hz, but NOT at 120 Hz. The resolution isnt 1080p, and therefore it isnt fully HDCP compliant anyway, but this manifests itself only at the higher frequency.
The information for this is available on the nvidia 3D vision website.
Its annoying for me, I will need to buy another 3D display again because of it - this will take me time to save up, and i will miss out on the new 3D blu-ray's which are slowly coming out.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Big Surprise, 9 April 2010
J. B. O'donnell (UK) - See all my reviews
This product was a big surprise, I had been very cautious of the Nvidia 3d kit and my last Samsung monitor just stopped powering up - for no apparent reason
(but it wasnt THIS monitor)...

Ok! so, I thought id bite the bullet and purchase this monitor and Nvidia 3D vision (since id watched avatar 3d and my eyes were bugging out :P) and this has definitely been worth every penny. Packaging was the average "This is a monitor" cardboard box and the first reaction was "That is going to just love my finger prints :(" because of the material they've used, but the cloth that comes with it gets rid of those pesky fingerprints quickly enough. The power button, along with a brightness button and various other useful buttons are conveniently located on the side of the monitor (unlike some of Samsung's monitors where the buttons were tucked away under a big plastic strip...) The detail is fantastic! definitely worth the buy! although if you intend to use this for Nvidia 3d vision, be prepared never to play a game without the glasses again...

5.0 out of 5 stars Change your world of gaming for ever!, 24 Nov 2009
M. PARSONS "Tech head" (Cheltenham, England) - See all my reviews
This has to be the best purchase I have ever made to enhance my gaming experience. The 3D enabled Samsung monitor with Nvidia 3D vision glasses is the ideal Christmas present for your Boyfriend/Husband, you may lose them to this new virtual 3D world, but they will be forever grateful! As was I when my wife bought it for me on my birthday.

It's perfect 3D and works with almost every game, there's no odd colours or a headache to follow just perfect 3D.
The way it works is by using the Samsungs 120hz screen and Nvidia's 3D vision glasses. The glasses have active shutter lenses, so when the left shutter is closed you see the right eye's image on the screen, when the right shutter is closed you see the left eye's image on the screen. And all this happens at a total speed of 120Hz so to fast for your brain to notice which creates the perfect 3D virtual experience for us gamers!

It really makes an excellent immersive experience putting you in the game! For all Call of Duty fans this it a must have!

Hope that's helped!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for 3D Gaming, 4 Jun 2010
Got this as part of my NVIDIA 3D Vision system and it works brilliantly for gaming, especially Batman: Arkham Asylum.

A word of warning, this will not be compatible with 3D Blu-Ray as it doesn't support HDCP in 120Hz mode.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good for Nvidia 3D, not even close!, 29 Oct 2010
I got this Samsung SM2233RZ from another retailer. and the Nvidia 3D glasses from Amazon.

Took a while to set up, but when it was done, the Nvidia demo screen shots launched to prove the 3D vision was working!

Right away I noticed an issue. I could see faint outlines where there was high amounts of contrast between items on the screen.

I did some digging to see how to resolve this, and guess what? There is no way to get rid of it unless you spend a lot more money on a better screen!

Look for for the terms "Crosstalk" and "Ghosting" It's REALLY common!

Samsung claim this will work as all you need is a 120mhz screen. THIS IS NOT ALL YOU SHOULD CONSIDER!!!

A higher refresh rate means more frames are being drawn to the screen per second. As such, you need a monitor that also has a low Response Time (The time it takes a pixel to physically change state). For a 120Hz LCD, anything above 2ms is too slow for this tech. Most 3d monitors still use 5ms, which simply isn't fast enough.

Unless you spend half a ton on an Alienware 3D screen (or whatever is out when you read this) your going to get ghosting.

As I right this, people are waiting for the BenQ XL2410T to come out, and this is about the same price range, but has a 2ms response time. But that's yet to be proven.

It's a shame as this tech is way over due, and we still have a way to go!

Anyway, I am returning this with much regret.

I'm sure in a few years things will move on and we will FINALLY get the 3D we desire.

Sigh!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, 7 May 2011
I do a lot of gaming (especially FPS's) and, as such, the high refresh rate is a wonder. The quality is great, the price is great (compared to other 120hz monitors) and it's easy to set up.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung 3Dready Monitor, 25 Jan 2011
This monitor has great resolution and is a overall great monitor.
I have used the monitor with the NVidia 3D kit and it looks great no flicker is seen either.
A very good option if your PC has a blue ray player it is possible to configure it for 3D Blue ray viewing through the computer.
Over all a excellent monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm very pleased, 13 Mar 2010
I bought this to work with the nvidia 3d vision glasses which I don't have yet. But as a general purpose monitor I'm VERY pleased with it indeed.
It's sharp and looks good and at 120hz games work very well indeed on it. It even looks good with visual c++ on it, the text being clear and sharp. I got this because the 3d glasses need a 120hz monitor, but having seen it I'd be very pleased indeed with it just as a standard monitor too.

Overall, I'm very pleased with this. The 3d glasses come on monday so I guess I'll post a review of those separately.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great monitor, just useless at 3D..., 14 Jan 2011
Dr. Huxtable (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I purchased this along with the Nvidia 3D vision kit as it was an affordable monitor that was officially supported.
After the initial "wow" factor of the 3D experience, the cross-talk (ghosting) started to annoy me, and this was more apparent when increasing the depth of 3D, meaning that 3D games can only be played at a lower level.
After some investigating, it also turns out that this monitor is one of the first generation 3D panels, and would not support 3D blue rays. I returned this to Amazon and replaced it with the LG W2363D which is a far superior device.

Bottom line is if you're purchasing for a 3D experience, don't. Although non-3D looks lovely on this device, it's no good for that rich 3D experience.