Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 April 2010
I not only enjoyed the comedy aspect of this movie but I thought the soundtrack was amazing! the music featured throughout the movie was one of the main reasons why i went back time and time again to watch it.I loved the soundtrack that much. I've always loved sixties music and I think the tracks chosen for this movie are some of the best from that decade. You can't go wrong with The Kinks, David Bowie, Beach Boys, The Who, The Troggs and Jimi Hendrix to name but a few. Many great artists feature on the soundtrack and bar a few slow numbers, the up-beat numbers such as Dancing In The Street by Martha Reeves and The Vandellas and Let's Dance by David Bowie give a great feeling of Summer fun and you really do feel like dancing when you hear those songs. I really really like this soundtrack and it will definitely be my soundtrack for the Summer. I think anyone who loves 60's music should definitely buy it because it is great value for money, you will want to dance along to a lot of the tracks and it will definitely put you in a great mood!
on 9 September 2009
Not a bad album, with some very memorable tracks (especially if you were like there at the time man!)
However it doesn't really hold up against one of the other albums offered on this site - '101 Pirate Radio Hits' - which gives loads more - equally good tracks - for (a little) less money. Take a look at that album before you buy this one, as a lot of the tracks are duplicated. What swung it for me was the inclusion of the Cryin' Shames brilliant version of Please Stay. I have been after a copy of this record for simply ages. So it's the 101 pirates for me.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 17 May 2009
I loved this film and the Soundtrack, for me, was what really made my experience so enjoyable. I originally wasn't convinced by Duffy's rendition of 'Stay with me baby' (the track that opens the film) but admittedly, it has grown on me - her voice is so unique.
Other favourites include 'The Beach Boys', 'The Turtles' and 'Dusty Springfield' and after downloading this album straight to my ipod have found it to be an upbeat, funky playlist that I use when exercising...Oh and partying...And cleaning...And driving...
Highly recommended, in my opinion the Soundtrack manages to outrank the movie somewhat!
on 19 December 2009
I have listened to this track time and time again and I'm still not bored. Every track is full of memories and excellence.

I really don't know what else to say but since I bought this I have recommended this to loads of people to buy and have even bought this for birthday and Christmas presents. I will highly recommend this to anyone considering it.
on 4 April 2009
The 1960's - when the transistor radio allowed everyone to listen to the pirates, snuggled up in their bed room, late into the night. John Peel, Johnnie Walker, Dave Lee Travis, Tony Blackburn ... and the list goes on. It was great music, slightly naughty, and great fun. Bands came from nowhere and musical innovation was everywhere. And the pirates opened up the floodgates for commercial radio, the grandfathers of what is happening in the music industry today.

The movie and the CD captures those times perfectly. The CD is not so much a "soundtrack" album as a first class compilation of the brilliant music of the era. There is not a bad track on the album, although it is a pity that bands like the Beatles are missing as they, too, were part of the revolution.
on 25 May 2009
Took my wife to see the film, and despite the mixed reviews we had both read, found it excellent. I thimk maybe you have to be a certain age to enjoy it. Anyway, next day saw the CD on Amazon, bought it, it arrived promptly, played it and thoroughly enjoyed it, all the tracks are original, some are quite rare, like The Supremes 'The Happening', both CD's are great. My wife liked it so much it is now in her car, and she refuses to bring it into the house again. It is an excellent CD based on an excellent film.
on 5 May 2009
Having recently seen the movie and enjoyed the accompanying music,(which is from my teenage era), thought I would like to buy the CD as a good selection of music, did not want a compilation CD which can sometimes contain songs your not bothered about. I found this CD good fun and reminds me of an era when you struggled to listen to your favourite music of the time, nowadays you can listen to any type of music obtainable in many various ways due to technological advances. Delivery was quick.
on 25 February 2010
Watched the film and decided the music was so upbeat that we would buy it and use it for those warm spring evenings and barbecues so imminent. The Amazon download app is dead easy to use and the quality of the album is superb. great value for money.
on 19 January 2010
Brilliant tracks, everybodys favourite is on here, it really takes one back to the days of pirate radio.....A superb film too....if you get to see it do and dont miss this CD its well worth the cash.
on 30 January 2010
The Boat That Rocked may sound like yet another goofball comedy, but it is more than that. There definitely is goofing around, but you also sense that the director and the actors share a genuine love of the period. Hoffman echoes his role from Almost Famous and cuts a figure that manages to be both funny and believable, as do the other main characters. But behind all the fun - and there's plenty of truly funny moments - this movie also tells about the time when government first lost its monopoly over radio in Europe. It's a tale of private people with a very 60s cause - to have fun without having to answer to any authority - that director Richard Curtis manages to make both funny, sweet and true. Combine that with a great soundtrack, and you have one of the best comedies in recent years.