VINE VOICEon 14 April 2013
Having purchased other colours in the range I decided to buy this for another member of the household. I had been impressed by the idea of being able to take a chilled drink to work with me (non-carbonated of course as this is not compatible with carbonated drinks). Imagine my disappointment when, following my own issues with my bottle the same thing happened to this one. The inner section that's designed to keep drinks chilled throughout the day broke around the top collar meaning this part of the product could no longer be used. Whilst the main part of the product was still useable the major attraction of the item was lost (i.e. chilled drinks throughout the day). It was not long until the second problem came along and the top of the bottle broke - the flip over seal for the drinking spout. This meant that the product was effectively no more use as it would not seal properly.
The problem with the product seems to be centred around the plastic used for the lid and freezer chamber as the main, see-through body is quite durable. If Thermos could solve the problem with the lid/freezer chamber plastic then this product would be fantastic and merit 5 stars. As it is, I am struggling to give it 3.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 September 2009
This is a great sports bottle and I think it actually looks nicer in real life as the photo looks like an odd pink.

For teenagers or adult females I would say this is a perfect size (much too large for young children to handle) and shape. It fits nicely in my sports bag ready for my workout and the freezable core keeps my water nice and cool and ready to drink.

I personally love the fact that it doesn't have one of those small, squeezy spouts which you have to work hard at to get any liquid out! It is a large spout which means you can gulp the water down fast to quench your thirst (essential when doing a high intensity workout) and the only downside to this is that you need to ensure the cap is back on firmly otherwise it could spill.

A great bottle and I would buy exactly the same again if I need to replace it but it seems extremely durable - has been dropped multiple times on a wooden floor and survived intact!
on 5 September 2009
This looked to be a practical and safe alternative to the myriads of evian bottles I was getting through in the process of filling my children's lunch bags every day. For the most part it was a good alternative and of course carries the reassurance of knowing that there are no nasty chemicals to worry about. Unfortunately the bottles appear to be quite fragile and I had to return 3/4 of my purchases because of breakages to the lid and the plastic surrounding the drinking spout. I may just have been unlucky because a friend has purchased one for her child and has had no problems. Amazon was quick to send out a replacement which is good to know. I do have one other small quibbe which is the shape of the drinking spout - its a little awkward for little mouths. On the plus side though the inner tube which can be frozen overnight to keep your drinks cooler for longer was great bonus for the summer.
on 6 October 2012
I bought 2 of these a couple of years ago for my daughter to take to school. The insert that you put in the freezer is a clever feature but to be honest there's only a handful of days each year which are hot enough to merit using it. The lid of one bottle broke quite soon after I bought it so I foolishly bought a 3rd. To close the lid properly you have to push down very hard. This makes it difficult for kids to use because they are then hard to get open - one of them has teeth marks on the lid and I'd rather my daughter didn't damage her teeth trying to open a water bottle! And if you don't manage to get the lid pushed down all the way and really firmly closed, they leak really badly. My daughter has now come home with a completely soaked school bag for the 2nd time in the past year, which ruined some of her school workbooks. I've given up on these bottles and have thrown them into the recycling bin. Good idea, but the lid needs a redesign.
on 24 August 2010
Got two of these - pink and blue to try yet again to find a decent bottle my children prefer to evian style plastic ones.These really appealed as they have a central section you twist out and fill with water and freeze- you can then put this back in and have lovely cold water.

These bottles look very appealing - my only gripe thus far is with the lid - it needs to be pushed down very firmly (you hear a little click) or else the water pours out everywhere as they have quite a large drinking hole (no straw or pop up spout), my son doesn't always close it properly - so its back to the "single use"style bottles for us. My older daughter manages fine and likes it. The bottles are BPA free and the water they tell me tastes a lot nicer than from aluminum bottles.
on 29 September 2013
I have purchased 3 of these bottles. My goal was to get a rough BPA-free bottle that I and my kids could use daily. All of them worked fine except for the pink one. The top lid that flips open broke after only a week of use by my 5 years old daughter. Amazon kindly replaced it but it broke a second time.
The other two (gray charcoal and blue) have been used and abused and have had no issues whatsoever.
The frozen insert is ok is you plan for a short trip, to keep water chilled, but it takes away some capacity, even if you end up drinking the melted ice.
All in all a good bottle. The lid closes well and it is easy to use for kids allowing a good flow of water for adults as well.
on 24 June 2014
I order four of these bottles. Very happy with the quality. Kids normally are very rough with water bottles and they get thrown around these bottles have not broken yet. The Kid found them difficult to open at first but now they happily open them by themselves.
on 17 June 2010
I am pleased with this girly pink bottle. Bought mainly for golf. Drink remains very cold with the ice cooler.
The lid needs to be pushed down hard to secure. Like the wide opening when drinking. Recommend.
on 19 November 2015
Thank you for my super Active Bottle to put my drinks in and this bottle so use useful and it fits really niceley in my Hand bag it is just right size for my bag thank you Thank you for the Iinstretsions for how to look after the Bottle and i will keep it to remmber what to do and i have to say i like the lid and hole to drink it is just what i wanted and i like the new way to put the water in the Ice jub to keep my drinks really nice and cold is great.and i have to say this is for the 2 rd Bottle to i just say the same that i am doing for this one and i really love them very much and so useful to i got a Card to let me know there is a Box for me and i got it from the Post Office to collect and i am pleased that it was sealed really well and thank you I will use your serivce agian and i like to say to anyone these Items are so worth buying
on 26 March 2013
as with all thermos products this has yet again proved to be a winner with an internal compartment and good quality seals my daughter loves it and i am so pleased with the quality i have ordered the blue version for the gym for myself its not too big and yet is just big enough to fit in a bike bottle holder so its perfect for spinning or any of the cardio machines whilst not being cumbersome, The black line around the middle is rubberised so i don't drop it when i am very sweaty . . the price is also extremely competative and the free delivery makes it a must. p.s the delivery was fast too.