5.0 out of 5 stars So Glad I bought it!
I was looking for ages to try and find a decent digital camera as lots of the others seem to lose the picture quality due to the waterproofing. This camera, however is fantastic. I took it to Portugal and used it both in the pool and in the sea and got excellent photos. It also has the other great cannon features and they don't seem compromised at all by waterproofing -...
Published on 1 July 2009 by L. Marshall

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent camera but severely let down by reliability
I agree with most of the other reviews. An excellent camera, but on 2 out of the 3 holidays I've used it for, the camera completely stopped working.

I've looked after the camera well, in accordance with the provided documentation for an underwater camera. If it weren't for the reliability factor, I would give it 5 stars, but because the reliability has rendered...
Published on 4 Sep 2011 by S. Rose

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sun Sea Snow and Ice, 28 July 2010
Mr. RA White "ade" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon PowerShot D10 Digital Camera (12.1 MP, 3.0x Optical Zoom) 2.5" LCD (Electronics)
I have had this camera for about a year now and it has performed excellently in all conditions. It is a little bulky both in your pocket or clipped to your belt but to be able to use it anywhere more than makes up for it.

My camera is well travelled to sunny beaches, ski resorts, gloomy days out in England and it always produces great pics. I have a full Nikon DSLR set with many expensive lenses that now tends to live under my spare bed as the convenience and quality of this product is great.

I use an 8 gig card and if I'm going away for a week I don't even take the battery charger, it's good for as many photos as you will take on a week's holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars best of its type, 28 Feb 2010
Bought this for use on the beach and in the sea- places I wouldnt take my DSLR or even a normal compact. Image quality is not as good as my compact Ixus, but a lot better than any other "tough" camera Ive tried. Also much better than a compact in a waterproof casing.For prints up to 8x5 its plenty good enough but it wont satisfy an enthusiastic photographer ( nor should you expect it to )
Like all of these cameras, the key to waterproofing is the seals on the battery and connection flaps. Look after these, with a little smear of silicone grease and you should be okay. Also remember that the 10m rating is STATIC water pressure- I wouldnt take it surfing as big waves generate higher pressures and it will probably leak

To sum up Great if you need the waterprofing, average as a "normal" camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Diving with the canon powershot d10 at 28meters, 23 April 2010
Mr. Gavin M. Burnett "9av1n" (manchester) - See all my reviews
Thought i would write a review for the people looking to use this camera diving. I won my D10 in a competition so probably a little less precious about it than if i had bought it but i have managed to take the d10 down to 28 meters while diving, yes 28 meters. Canon obviously recommends 10m but my thinking was canon are probably playing safe with that depth and they must of tested it deeper. So this is what I did, I bought some silicone grease and lubricated the seals and o-ring around the battery/sd hatch also on the connector hatch on the side and tried it at a depth of 18 meters, no problem. Next day i had a deeper dive of around 22m and noticed the outer lcd glass on the lcd screen had become con-caved with the pressure but still operated fine. Next a dive at 28m, the outer lcd screen was now touching the inner lcd screen, i didn't turn it on until i reached 25m and again worked fine. I have now taken the d10 on around 5 dives at 28m and so far it has survived but i actually feel more comfortable using it at around 20m mark and shallower.

Obviously you are taking a risk by trying it at these depths and try it at these deeper depths with your own judgement as it may break by doing so. I have the accessory pack but the carabiner strap is all you need for diving, the neoprene pouch is a pain as floats underwater.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 4 Oct 2010
Sezmo (Cheshire UK) - See all my reviews
The cannon powershot is my first digital underwater camera. I had read mixed reviews on the internet, but decided to go ahead as it had the spec I wanted, and my family have used different cannon products for years.

Words can't really describe how pleased I am with this camera. The pictures are great both in and out of the water. I've taken it whale watching in Madeira and got great clear shots from a boat - god bless the auto function! I've been snorkeling in, St Maarten, Tortola and the Bahamas with great video and pictures. The only draw back is my photography skills, but I'm working on them!!

All the controls are simple and easy to change even under water. I've not had any issue with leakage. The strap has been sufficient for my needs, though I agree with the price comments from other users about accessories, I brought a camera case & spare battery that isn't cannon. They both have worked well for me so far.

Not sure what you call it but when you take a picture and say 1,2,3 and the picture is done, this is a 1,2,3,4 camera so slower than normal, the results though are worth waiting for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely multi use camera, 28 April 2010
M. A. Goddard - See all my reviews
Whilst slightly bulky in comparison to other small cameras this kit is very versatile and produced excellent results above and below water. The underwater setting produced some stunning photos and we noticed other snorkelers using this model to good effect. No problems with seals just remember to rinse in fresh water after being in the sea so the buttons don't get clogged with salt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely camera, 14 Sep 2009
M. Camm (Uk) - See all my reviews
Another excellent canon camera. I had thought about buying a panasonic sw21 video camera to take skiing and saililg but photograph ability is not good so why not buy a camera on par with my canon G10. It's really great and the video function is good and it's compact and waterproof. The seal on the box had been tampered with, which was irritating, but everything seemed ok inside the box. I' m pleased I chose this lovely camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great images, didn't last long, 2 Jan 2012
The image quality is fantastic, it's small and easy to use too. However despite looking after it carefully for the last year it now sometimes won't start up and just displays a "Lens error, restart camera" message on the screen. Plenty of other people on the internet seem to have the same problem too. It's probably a bit of a gamble buying one of these, which is a shame as otherwise it's a great camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great robust and waterproof camera, 7 Nov 2011
I bought the camera to be a sturdy camera that I can take anywhere.. and so far it lives up to expectations. The only downside is its stupid shape, which means it feels more bulky than it should, and doesn't tuck into my pocket or wetsuit too comfortably.

So far he's been snorkeling, windsurfing, sailing and sandboarding with me, and he's not been damaged yet. I used it quite extensively underwater in saltwater, and the picture quality is excellent and not at all grainy like previous cameras that I've had. It's especially good when using the underwater mode.

One bonus is that it's also very quick to both switch on and take photos. Also the lcd display is bright enough to view in strong sunlight. And battery life is pretty reasonable. Would definitely buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really easy to use and good fun - not bad quality either!, 7 April 2011
Read reviews of all the 250 and below waterproof cameras. All comparison reviews seemed to pick the Canon - so I decided to go with it. It is a compact camera and not a DSLR, but for messing around with your kids or mates in the pool or on the reef, this really works. It is a little bulky, but not at all a problem. It comes with a great strap you put on your wrist which means even if you drop it whilst swimming, it will not get lost. My kids (Age 8 to 12) all loved playing with it and indeed it encouraged them to be more adventurous. The movies and pictures loooked great on my 42 LED - no pixelation or noise. Reason for dropping a star is that you can only edit the movies on the camera and not on the bundled software - that is a bit cheap and the editing on the camera is fiddly. If you have movie editing software, this will not be a problem for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this camera, 22 May 2010
avidgamer (London, England) - See all my reviews
Ok, its not the best looking camera in the world, it doesnt take the best shots and it isnt slim enough to fit in to trouser pockets, but hey! Its a really good sturdy camera. I took it on a 2 week diving and snorkling trip in Malasia and it worked like a charm. Its a rugged go anywhere camera that you can really throw about without worrying about it. The dials are easy to work under water, its screen is clear underwater the buttons are clear and the menu is clear - what more do you want. Oh yeah, and the picture, on the right setting are brilliant. I bought it because I wanted a camera that I could tote around anywhere and not worry about dust, sand, rain, sea water, knocking it or dropping it and it performed better than I expected. Zoom is good enough, macro is good, low light is OK. I am going to buy another for my wife for our next holiday, unless they bring out a better model. Really recommend this camera.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›