on 4 November 2009
This cable does exactly what it's meant to, great quality as you'd expect from a company like Belkin. The sound is very clear when connecting the ipod to the aux of my car.
I recommend this lead if you want a no fuss, clear sound.
on 31 July 2011
I have been looking for an audio cable that would fit my iPhone while it was in a protective case. Most other cables would not fit without removing the case. This cable does! Audio quality is fine, and the length of the cable is perfect for in-car use. Highly recommended.
on 28 January 2012
I have an existing belkin cable but it is not slimline and does not have a stepper. So a bit of hassle to connect my iPhone 4 with a phone case into the aux port in my car. So thought I'll get a new one with a stepper. The delivery of the item was not fast but within the delivery window. However, the cable was faulty. Tested in 2 cars (BMW X1 and Mini Cooper) and with several devices (iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPod nano, iPod shuffle, laptop) but each time it produced loud background noise. Went to Currys this morning to try out another slimline cable (iWant it) and worked fine. Not sure of the quality control of Belkin though...

The bad experience lies with the seller. I reported it promptly (next day after receiving it the night before) to seller Itdeals247 but they were convinced the problem wasn't the cable as there isn't any complaint so far from other customers. I was told that if I want it, they can test it but eventhough if it is faulty I'll not get a full refund. Their return & refund policy is appalling - 20% refund and a charge of £4.50 for "admin & packaging"! In a way, I'll have to pay for the return postage, get credit back for £1.42 (20%) but get charged £4.50! So I'll lose out even more!!! I'm sure that doesn't comply with Internet purchase regulation.

Conclusion...if you want to risk buying this cable, make sure that your seller offers fair policy just in case. But avoid Itdeals247 like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 1 October 2013
Only just received the cable today so can't comment on the longevity of it yet. However upon first impressions this cable seems great, it's sturdy, and the connections between the jacks and the cable seem strong. As mentioned by others the wire that arrived was actually black, which I much prefer as it won't show up dirt as easy. The cable length is ideal, not too short and not too long for in car use. Sound quality doesn't seem to be lost either.

My main reason for purchasing this particular cable was the fact it had a stepper which became necessary after purchasing one of Apple's new leather cases with the ridiculously narrow cut out for headphones/ AUX leads. Anyway thanks to this product this is no longer an issue. Thanks Belkin!
on 21 June 2010
Does exactly what it says on the packaging and gives a clear, crisp, full stereo sound in the car.
on 22 September 2013
Firstly I would state that this is not specifically for an iPhone - it is just an Aux cable that can be used with many devices that take Aux cables! I bought several of these for; linking my ipod to the cross-trainer, the car and for my DAB radio so I could hook my ipod into that and use the radio as a speaker. I already had a longer Belkin Aux cable but was having to keep moving it around to use it for the various purposes which was becoming a faff.
The sound quality is great but what I like the most is the fact that the cable does not feel cheap and flimsy in any way - I am not worried about the internal wires disconnecting from the head piece if I accidentally yank it (which I might expect from others). The cable length itself is also good as it is not too short, so you can easily put it where you want but you don't have a tangled mess of cable either. And finally the cable looks good, not that it really matters. However, the picture shows white/grey cable but mine were black. This didn't bother me though.

+ good sound, strong, good length, nice looking

- nothing particular except they are black rather than white.
on 15 March 2010
I have a BMW 3 series and needed the lead to play my iPod through the aux point located in the arm rest. The sound quality is reasonable - overall and bearing in mind the price, well worth buying.
Dom
on 31 January 2013
Bought this to go with my new ipod so I can get rid of CDs rattling around the interior of my car. Cable length is sufficient to reach from dashboard cradle to socket in the arm-rest and generally is a low noise cable with no signficant drop in sounds quality for the ipod.
on 2 August 2013
Have a lovely new Sony Xperia Z which doesn't work with my Sony car radio....

This cable solved the problem and its very very good quality.

I've just ordered another one to connect it to my (old) stereo.

Great Quality, Highly Recommend
on 12 March 2013
this is so well built, strong sturdy, and it doesn't create nasty scratchy back ground noise, it also doesn't lower the volume, and can defo wake the neighbours to clear music

See one answered question