5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet.
Just thought I'd drop a line to say that, I bought this Lp when it came out and, unlike other reviewers, I consider it Richard Swift's best album. Its quality songwriting from start to finish, and if you liked Dressed Up for the Letdown, you'll love this.
Published on 24 Jan 2011 by Big Twink

3.0 out of 5 stars A B Sea 5/10
Published on 4 Jun 2009 by Gannon

5.0 out of 5 stars His best yet., 24 Jan 2011
Big Twink (Swansea, Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Atlantic Ocean (Audio CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars A B Sea 5/10, 4 Jun 2009
Gannon (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Atlantic Ocean (Audio CD)
A friend recently asked if I listen to, or merely hear, music. I replied equally pretentiously that I do neither, rather appreciate it, and sometimes, conversely, do not. As such, I appreciate that some people will love this record, but sadly, I am not one of them. It is irrepressibly happy, and takes in various 60s singer-songwriting influences, combines them with some white, falsetto soul and introduces the whole lot to some bouncy keyboards. The resulting collection recalls some forgotten kids' TV themes (the title track, and `A Song For Milton Feher'). It is like Ben Kweller covering Ben Folds tunes, on a sunny day. I'd say infuriatingly light, others may disagree. There is some redemption however in the album's final track, `Lady Luck', a soulful number devoid of whimsy that brings Cold War Kids to mind. Despite this slight salvation, this album I neither wish to listen to or hear again for some while.

ARRAY(0x106d47a4)

The Atlantic Ocean [VINYL]
The Atlantic Ocean [VINYL] by Richard Swift (Vinyl - 2009)