on 14 June 2011
I bought a Samsung YP-Q3 MP3 player some while ago - one of my 'pride & joy' possessions - but was frustrated at having to recharge it through my computer. With holidays coming up (and not taking my computer along) I risked not enjoying the MP3 throughout so sought a solution.
There are lots of scare stories about 'chargers' and I'm sure many are justified but (and it's early days yet) this item seems to do the trick very well.
I first of all contacted the supplier with questions, they responded promptly with suitable assurances, so I bought the item and received it very quickly. My only minor gripe is that it might be better to pack it in a box rather than in a cheap padded envelope because, although seemingly well made, the 'prongs' are ripe for damage in the post.
Likely very good value.
on 10 October 2011
Although this seemed good value initially and worked well, it has now started to hiss like a snake and could be just as dangerous!! I shall not risk using this again-definitely a false economy.
on 25 November 2009
Received this today. Only ordered it two days ago so well done ibox.

The plug features a USB connector for plugging in a USB cable so that you can power the device from the mains. I bought it to charge my Walkman 818 on holiday and it works fine. I read that it also charges ipods. It certainly charges my shuffle. Note that it is much cheaper than the official Apple plug. It also works with my USB battery charger and even my XBOX 360 wireless headset.

This is a 1000mah charger. There are similar, more expensive plugs available that are only 400-500mah so it is very good value for money

This is a gadget that will come in handy from time to time. Well worth a purchase.
on 9 June 2009
This is just what I needed to re-charge my MP3 player, I no longer have to switch on my PC to do so. It is well made, and good value.
on 9 September 2010
Having won a Flip MinoHD in the Pepsi promotion and not wanting spend a lot of money on the right charger I bought one of these to enable me to charge the Flip when there was no PC available ( you get nothing with a Flip, no charger, no cables ,just a cloth case ). As a cheap USB charger I thought this would be ideal. Arrived very quickly ( great service Ibox ), plugged it in and the Flip came to life, the battery symbol came up on the screen but would not charge. Left it for hours to no avail the Flip did not charge.

A bit of research told me that some manufactures frig there equipment so that they will only charge on there approved chargers ( more revenue to them ). However most use the simple method. A USB connector uses 4 wires, the outside ones ( Pins 1 and 4 ) supply the power, the inner 2 ( Pins 2 and 3 )are used for data. For some equipment to charge they need to see something on the data pins. As these are used for data transfer when plugged into your PC it is no problem but unless the charger puts something onto pins 2 and 3 the device won't charge. This charger has nothing on pins 2 and 3 and hence won't work with some manufactures equipment.

Now I don't recomend this for those who are not technically minded and I take no responsibility if anyone tries this and has problems of any kind, but it is simple to take this charger appart ( one screw behind the lable, and of course this will invalidate any warrenty ) and connect pins 2 and 3 on the circuit board by the USB connector ( taking care not to short anything else ).

The mod took minutes and now my Flip charges without problem.
on 23 May 2009
I bought this to be able to charge my TomTom one v4 at home. It will charge it from almost flat to full in just over an hour. It is also used to charge my Samsung camera and will charge faster than the standard Samsung charger(400ma)without problem. The unit is well made. It has a small red led on the top to show when it is switched on. The unit gets slightly warm when charging, but seems to have an electronic control to limit charge when the battery is charged. I put my TT on charge and forgot about it for several hours;when checked, the unit was cold, so had obviously stopped itself from charging. The service from iBox(the seller)was excellent as usual and I purposely looked for it in their listings as I have had good service from them before. Additional- The unit I received was branded"FX".
on 22 November 2012
Recently bought a Kindle Fire HD as a christmas present this year for my wonderful technophobe Mum & couldnt believe it didnt come with a USB Charger Plug as standard. What Amazon were offering was as a link to further purchase one @ a scandalous price of £17.99!!
This charger was a bargain at less than a third of the price & it does exactly the same job - no difference in charge speeds.
on 19 June 2011
Bought this as a backup for an HTC Phone, have tried it on virtually every thing I have that can be charged from a mini USB Port. This works in that no nonsense, no frills way that so much of our tech life purports to do but fails miserably to achieve. Great Price, great service, and a great product.
on 1 December 2010
Great product, does exactly what it say, charges my Ipod Touch 4G (with cameras) fine along with my Samsung Galaxy apollo phone, but the guy who said it has a bright blue light wasn't lying, the thing lights up enough to read by and stays lit for up to a minute even after you unplug it :P can't complain though, brilliant product for the money.
on 25 July 2011
Bought this item as it was relatively cheap and I intended taking it on holiday to use for my iPod touch.
As soon as I attempted to use the product it blew. I suppose you get what you pay for.