on 12 November 2010
First rule of the internet.. if it's too good to be true, it is.

At first glance, this looks like a genuine BlackBerry battery for under £6, wow what a deal! But that's just the way the seller has marketed it, calling it a Genuine Blackberry DX-1 Battery by BlackBerry.

Fitment:
Once you try fitting it into your phone, you'll very quickly realize that it's not genuine at all. It barely made it in. I highly doubt Research in Motion would manufacture a battery that had to practically be forced into place. If you compare the two batteries side by side, you'll notice that the one being sold here isn't the exact same shape, which it would be if it were genuine.

Battery life:
I bought my phone second hand over a year ago. When I got it, the battery lasted about 3 days, and now it lasts about 20 hours or so with moderate use. This supposedly brand new, genuine battery has the exact same life span! Another nail in the coffin.

Presentation:
The stickers that cover it aren't even well done. They don't stick properly and have bubbles under them. The colours don't match the real battery.

We've got the trifecta of evidence against this battery: it doesn't look like it, it doesn't act like it, it's not the same shape. It's a knock-off folks, plain and simple. What more can you possibly expect for this price?

The seller should take the word genuine off his listing, because it's a blatant lie. It's a cheap knock-off that's about as good as 1-2 year old official battery, which is why I gave this a 1 star rating. I'm not going to return it for a refund, but next time I'm in the market for a battery, I'm going to buy a REAL genuine BlackBerry battery from a high street phone shop. I'll gladly pay the full price for a battery that lasts 3+ days like mine used to.
on 15 October 2010
My original battery wasnt holding charge for as long so I invested in a new battery. At first, this worked fine, albeit only holding charge for about 60% as long as the original did. Howeer, after 2-3 weeks of usage the screen popped up with a picture of an empty battery with a big red "X" through it. It doesnt matter what I do, the phone wont even switch on beyond that "X". I tried contacting the seller but they have not even responded, much less solved the problem with their product
on 27 April 2010
Superb seller - initial problem resolved immediately, great communication and service - highly recommend this seller http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001T23SNO/ref=cm_cr_rev_prod_title (RS Electronics)- ordered with desk top sync cradle so never without power for my BlackBerry
on 2 October 2010
Needed a new battery for my Blackberry. None of the mobile phone shops seem to sell them, all telling me I had to buy online. Couldn't find them to buy on the Blackberry website so came to Amazon. Bought a supposedly NEW battery and it barely lasts a whole day on a full charge! It even loses a block of battery charge overnight, with the phone switched off! The battery I originally got with the phone (about a year ago) lasted about 3 days on a full charge - for the first 6 months anyway.
on 13 September 2012
The battery was delivered in good time, at a reasonable price, priced higher than some others which had poor reviews.
This battery charged first time and has worked fine since.
on 1 October 2010
My BB Curve 8900 is bit of a busy phone, I send/receive at least 25 emails a day on average plus abit of browsing. While Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are on. Initially the original battery could cope up to 3 days, but it has come down to few hours over a 9 month period, so I ordered this Genuine DX-1 battery.

To disappoint me from the day 1, the battery could not hold more than a day and quickly draining to complete loss.
on 22 June 2010
I obtained this from Amazon and it was sent to me via a different company, when it arrived it was not in a good condition, it did not look new and I requested and paid for a fast delivery, it arrived 5 days after order and it looked second hand and when I contacted the company weeks ago, they have not answered my email
on 17 February 2011
Not much can be said about battery lives, they are either poor or outstanding. And let's face it, outstanding battery life is rare and short-lived. I managed to get a fair duration of long hours using this battery for my Blackberry Storm 2. But in a matter of 2 months, I was back to my previous battery's condition. I understand that using wi-fi on my cell did eat up the battery but it has come down to such a low point that I can barely hold my cell alive for 5 hours. I have to charge the battery upto 3 times a day. In fact, it comes cheaper in the market now (as i discovered to my dismay, at the Carphone Warehouse).
on 3 October 2010
Didn't seem like the original battery supplied with the phone, subtle differences and not a good fit. Could be wrong, but the old saying "if something seems too good to be true" etc!!
on 9 September 2010
Not convinced this is a genuine battery, having charged it now three times it does not hold charge for as long as the original did