Price:£5.10+ Free shipping

on 9 January 2013
I bought this to try instead of the Clean & Renew cartridges as their quite expensive. I found using the spray just as good and would recommend this product.

There's no instructions on the aerosol as some other reviews have pointed out. Here's the instructions courtesy of the Braun Service website.

How should I apply the Braun cleaning spray?

The Braun cleaning spray can be used additionally to the manual cleaning of the shaver in order to loosen stuck stubbles and to maintain the shaving system. Spray the shaving parts (foil, cutterblock resp. cutter cassette) and the inner part of the shaver head, e.g. once a week with the cleaning spray and leave it on for 5-10 minutes. Clean the shaving parts and the shaving head afterwards following the instructions of the user manual.

After cleaning we recommend to spray the shaving foil resp. cutter cassette again to lubricate the shaving system. Alternatively apply a drop of light machine oil on top of the shaving system.

Update: After being initially very happy with this product it suddenly stopped spraying with about a quarter of the liquid left, reading some of the other reviews posted this seems to be a common problem. I contacted Amazon via their online chat facility (Help, Contact Customer Service, General Support, Choose The Item, Chat) explained that I felt the product had failed prematurely. This new chat service is great, the operator apologised for the inconvenience and sent me out a replacement one via courier, which I received the next day. Contacting Amazon this way was quick and easy, took a few minutes. Hopefully the new one will last the course.

Also on reading some of the other reviews posted another problem people are having is getting the cap off, all you have to do is pinch the sides together and pull, comes off easily then.
33 comments50 of 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2009
The product itself is excellent but the container is disappointing. The plastic top is difficult to remove, which means the nozzle often comes off with it. The spray often stops coming through the nozzle long before the container is empty. The aerosal does, however, make an excellent job of cleaning the shaver head, resulting in a closer shave.
11 comment8 of 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 January 2013
I was disappointed in this product for a couple of reasons, viz., the plastic cap is not easy to remove to gain access to the aerosol and there are no instructions printed on the container so I am unsure whether or not I am using it correctly. Not a well designed product in my opinion.
on 20 August 2015
Before buying this product I verified with Braun that the product was genuine, because some people were saying that the product wasn't genuine.

I have used this product for years, but had purchased it locally - The spare ones I keep in a fridge until needed
- They last a long time in and out of the fridge.

In the past, the shaver cleaner was the method of cleaning Braun Cleaners before the cartridges (standard size fit any shaver) were created.

The method which I use for shaving with a Braun Shaver; 1: Just before shaving I would spray the Shaver Cleaner inside and outside of the foil and the cutter, because it creates a better shave, 2: After shaving I clean the; foil cutter and trimmer using the brush, but careful when brushing the foil, because it could damage the foil, (I don't trust washing the foil despite that Braun says that if the foil and cutter is removed from the shaver it is possible to wash them), 3: After cleaning with a brush then I would use the cleaner to spray on the parts and further clean with the brush,
4: Finally, I would spray the Shaver Cleaner on the relevant parts on the shaver, 5: If the battery charge is down to the last segment than I would place it into the reservoir, and carry out full cleaning and charge of the shaver. 6: Then I would place it into the plastic case as I would do if there were more than one segment of charging left on the shaver.

The expensive Cartridge would last much longer between purchasing another one, and save a lot of money.

Some people claim that it is difficult to remove the blue cap, but probably widening the cap with fingers should hopefully solve the problem, or use a cap that already fits properly on another Aerosol.
on 19 August 2012
When looking for a new shaver I accidently found Braun's Shaver Cleaner Aerosol; so thought I would try it as it isn't expensive.
Its fantastic - just a quick spray and it cleans and ensures your razor stays in a tip top hygienic state. I'm sure the razor gives a better shave!
22 comments4 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 May 2009
The aerosol does what it says - it cleans your shaver! Others have not been so thorough, this one makes the shaver feel like new.
on 9 May 2012
This cleaner is very useful and saves a lot of time.Quite good value for money,and should last quite a long time.It appears to make the shaver work more efficiently.
on 8 March 2013
This would have been a far better product with a some clear instructions for use. The only instructions on the can were for the safe disposal of the can and for storage conditions.
on 21 November 2012
This shaver cleaner is the best I have ever used. It will make any shaver feel like new. One bottle can last ages so well worth the price!!
on 11 May 2013
The shaver cleaner was as described and did what it said, the cap was very difficult to open had to be cut off.