5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amazing
This game is near flawless, Rediculous graphics, Incredibly smooth gameplay, and interesing story and characters, You can play this game however you like, from part running and gunning to all out stealth, When i first saw my friend playing this i thought he was in a cutscene, it just looks so good, the boss fights are varied and suitably epic, gameplay is phenominal and...
Published on 9 Jan. 2011 by J. K. Paddick

2.0 out of 5 stars Has not aged well
I recently picked up a ps3 for the first time after owning just an xbox 360 for the entire last gen (had an xbox one for a couple months but thats a different story) and i have a long list of playstation exclusives i've always wanted to play, with mgs4 near the top of my list.

I've played and enjoyed all the other metal gear solid games years ago and was...
Published 14 months ago by jonathan whitelaw

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars MGS is as brilliant as always!, 6 Dec. 2009
Ms. L. Anderson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns Of The Patriots Platinum (PS3) (Video Game)
Best series to ever be made. I instantly fell in love with MGS when I first played it on the original Playstation, then moving onto MGS2 for the PS2. I'm just sorry I sold my Playstation before MGS 3 came out. What was I thinking selling it? I couldn't stay away from the playstation and bought myself the PS3 and got the game at the same time and have never regretted it.Best game series I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

The cut-scenes are very long but I am usually so engrossed in it so it doesn't bother me. The game is more like a cross between a game and an animated film, the game-play goes on forever, every time I think I'm nearing the end of the game there's another act. The characters have so much development It'd put some TV shows to shame.

I just hope we haven't seen the last of Solid Snake. He's one of the best characters that's ever been in a computer game.

This game makes you think, you have to be smart. But it does have a small glitch, when Snake gets attached to a wall, sometimes he sticks to it like glue when you try to move him away, but it's very rare to have a game that isn't without at least one glitch. But overall it's a quite simply breathtakingly outstanding game. I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Metal Gear Solid 4, 13 Nov. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I am on my third playthrough and I am still finding new things or new routes to take, Great fun if your a fan of Metal Gear Solid but it goes easy on those new to the sneak mechanic. With new added features like the side roll, Octocameo, new and old weapons and even a visit that brings back memories from the first game.No matter whether your an old fan or a new player this is a great game and I'm going to keep playing this till my PS3 breaks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Same old MGS, 5 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I've played MGS1 and 2, and this is incredible equals but also incredible good. There is some quite a big of 5-15 minutes scenes, but truly worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again MGS games prove to be just Legendary., 14 July 2010
A. Carter (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Just simply brilliant, Gameplay, Storyline, Schematics, graphics, physics - Its truly some thing to admire. Konami once again prove to be on top of there game. And best of all, the gameplay is far better than MGS3.

I've played MGS1 right from MGS3, and been hooked on them ever since. Waited so long for ps3 to drop down in price, and now I can finally play one of the greatest games of all-time. How can you give this game a 1 star, its not even justified to give it a 4 star rating.

Just like all the other MGSes, it will have you hooked and really involved in the storyline. The storyline is very clever, imaginative, philosophical and extremely gripping.

There is pretty much EVERYTHING in this game, fully customisable weapons, stealth gadgets like 'OctoCamo' and many more unique gadgets.

Getting hold of this game hasn't been easy; even after 2 years of the release date this game is still being sold at a rapid rate. I shopped every where for it - sold out, sold out, sold out. Surely that tells you some thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best stealth game of it's time, 1 Jan. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I hadn't played this game in over three years and since I lost my original copy, I decided to buy it again. This is an excellent game with an epic story which is why it gets five stars.

The positives:

- good stealth engine
- great story

The negatives:

- bad save system
- long cut scenes (which can be skipped)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hideo Kojima and Co does it again, 21 Sept. 2013
This game came out in 2008 and i have played through it so many times and still i don't get tired of it.
Sure people can complain about hour-long cutscenes this and that, but if you really enjoy good storytelling it doesn't get much better than this.

The graphics in this game is for me the best visuals i have seen on the PS3. Personally i think even better than the last of us even because this engine runs it with an even more sharp and crisper look and feel.

The controls and perfect and the inclusion of octocamo blends in perfectly with the feel of the semi futuristic world.

If you haven't played this game or a MGS game before then you should give it a chance.
You might end up hating it at first. Even i hated MGS1 at first. However when i learned the brilliance of the game, the AI and the masterfully written characters i was a metal gear solid fan hooked for life.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best games ever made for PS3., 8 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Found this in Amazon with a smart price and went for it without a second thought. Ok, platinum versions are not that nice compared to original ones, but still you buy a great game in fair price.

As of the game, it is the best in its category and that says pretty much the all story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, 23 April 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Great game with a brilliant storyline that you won't want to stop playing. Probably one of the best games on PS3, don't be put off if you think this is going to be slow game, indeed it is tactical buts there's loads of action. A must buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Game, 20 Jun. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Just another masterpiece by Hideo Kojima. Even though it is quite different from the previous games it is still a whole lot of fun plaing this game. The effects and cinematics during the game are worth Hollywood movie.
Unlike the during the other games, the sneaking aspect is no longer the main action in this game. Snake has become more offensive in combat and is able to fire a gun really quick. But it is probably also possible to finish the game without a single kill.
Because of that, the game suits for all kind of players.
I strongly recommend everyone to try this game. A must have in the collection of every gamer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Something else., 17 Mar. 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I could probably write a 700 page review of just how amazing this game Is but I'll try and keep It short If I can.

The game Is more than 4 years old now I think yet still boasts what are In my opinion the best graphics ever seen In a video game to date. Characters look incredible, environments look incredible just EVERYTHING looks incredible.

Some people decide to moan about the length of the cutscenes but I imagine that's just the modern day gamers who play nothing but Call of Duty online and have no real concept of what a state of the art video game actually Is.. yes they are long and yes you probably spend as much time watching them as you do playing the actual game BUT every single one of them are fantastic and the game wouldn't be the wonder It Is without them. It's like a game mixed In with a Hollywood blockbuster (a lot better than most Hollywood blockbusters may I add) there Is so much information and details you need to learn that the cutscenes are absolutely vital to enjoying the game.

The actual gameplay itself gets better with every game In the series, I'm not going to start talking about the plot because you need to discover It for yourselves, but It really Is incredible fun from start to finish. Objectives and environments are always fantastically varied and the game never ever feels repetative! There's a great choice of weapons to choose from and a brilliant new way of acquiring them. The boss fight's In the MGS series have always been better than any you'll find In other games and Guns of the Patriot's bosses are no different, every one unique with there own fantastic back stories, they really are memorable as with almost every character In this series!

Graphics and gameplay aside what's always been Metal Gear Solid's core Is the storyline, this game does a brilliant job of not only progressing the storyline but also tying up loose ends and filling In the blanks from the whole of this epic series. This Is Solid Snake's final outing but It certainly couldn't have been a better one.

I can confidently say this Is my new favourite game of all time and I imagine the only game that could ever take that prestigious title will be the next Metal Gear game. I intend to buy the HD collection soon so I can play through Son's of Liberty and Snake Eater again. Looking forward to trying Peace Walker for the first time aswell. Anyway enough blabbing just buy this game It really Is INCREDIBLE!

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns Of The Patriots Platinum (PS3)