5.0 out of 5 stars Top value
Published on 12 July 2010 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Quality, too short for 6'3"
Published on 7 July 2010 by Allen F. Putzig

5.0 out of 5 stars Top value, 12 July 2010
This review is from: GELERT WATERPROOF BIVVI/BIVVY SLEEPING BAG/LINER NEW (Misc.)
I bought one of these locally (more expensive than the price here) and am very happy with it. It's light, packs small, it's large enough for me (a somewhat overweight 5'9"), waterproof and breathable. I've used it twice for bivvying. On neither occasion was there a drop of condensation. The first time, I used my Softy Hawk sleeping bag, and the second time only a silk liner and, even though it rained, there was no water ingress whatsover. For the price, it's a real bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, Quality, too short for 6'3", 7 July 2010
Allen F. Putzig "Lashi" (Edinburgh, UK) - See all my reviews
I would like to give this a stellar review, because I think I'm going to enjoy using it, but not without a tarp over my face. This thing claims to be 235cm, but fully stretched out with the face open its maybe 215. It might be 235 if you took either end and pulled. Certainly, with the face part closed, it is nowhere near that length. So while I would like to say this is a great product, just can't because I hate when people stretch the truth in product claims. Please alter the length of this product to be the usable length (definitely for a person less than 190cm tall) rather than as long as it can be stretched to and I will alter my review.

Also, this is a duplicate post. there is a cheaper one listed under product ultimately bought. check it out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gelert waterproof Bivvi Bag, 5 July 2012
Fantastic service from this company (sold by AWD) This item is an outside bag for the sleeping bag to stop the sleeping bag getting wet when sleeping outdoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for price, 12 Sep 2013
Needed a bivvy bag for a weekend. This was cheap and it fit the bill, i have used it a couple of times and works well

4.0 out of 5 stars gelert waterproof bivi bag, 17 Oct 2010
brough one of these gelert bivi bags a couple of weeks ago & after one use would say its a great bargin for the price.
would give it a 5 star rating if it was a little longer but it still gets a 4 star rating for value for money.GELERT WATERPROOF BIVVI/BIVVY SLEEPING BAG/LINER NEW

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems OK at the moment, 26 Jan 2013
I haven't used this properly yet and don't intend to use it as a full blown Bivvy Bag, I intend to used it in my small lightweight tent to keep my bag away from the sometimes damp fly. However, I did try out at home using my Rab down sleeping bag - I was very pleased to find there was no condensation inside (this may be a different matter on a cold night in the wilds).

1.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service from vendor - really poor bag., 18 Mar 2011
Excellent quick service and delivery. And a speedy refund on the return as well. Good vendor.

However, beware......

First the positives;

The bag is light and takes up hardly any room when packed or stuffed into a sack.

Now the negatives;

The material is quite thin and the same all around so nothing extra underneath to protect you from the ground. It's not shaped, so no sidewalls and this means when you get in it the dimensions of width and length soon get narrow and short to accomodate the person getting in.

This is such a small item that a 3 season sleeping bag poked out of the top and I couldn't even pull the drawstring around the sleeping bag, let alone my head!

I tried with a 1 season bag and this was no better.

You definitely cannot fit a Thermarest Pro Lite Regular Mat in this and expect to get your body in as well!

The width is awful - very tight across the shoulders. I would say less than 75cm usable once you are in it. If you are claustrophobic then don't buy this bag.

I'm only 5' 10", 12st 7lb so average for my height I reckon and this bag was far from suitable. I suppose I shouldn't have been disappointed given the low price but I was disappointed because I thought it would do the job.

It might - and I say might - be suitable for a teenager or a smaller adult - I would say 5' 5" or less but for anyone else you should avoid this bag.

If you want a proper bivi bag for serious use then I'm afraid you will need to spend well over £100 (and more like £200) from what I have seen elsewhere and tried in the shops with a sleeping mat and decent sleeping bag inside.