4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Miele Quality
Published on 1 Feb. 2010 by hwth79

2.0 out of 5 stars Repair centre tip
Published 17 months ago by paul

4.0 out of 5 stars Typical Miele Quality, 1 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Miele S7580 AutoCare HEPA Bagged Upright Vacuum Cleaner, 1800 Watt, Steel Blue Metallic (Kitchen & Home)
Quite heavy but build quality is excellent as you expect from Miele. It is manouverable and the tools all work really well particularly the extension tube which doesn't feel like it is going to break easily like our last bagless vacuum. The suction and cleaning is excellent a rather grubby looking cream rug now looks like it's been washed. Very expensive but hopefully will pay for itself over time, working on the buy once buy quality principle.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased thus far!, 26 Jun. 2013
I bought this after having 3 successive vacuums from another market leader. This Miele is much better!

Initially, I could not get it to work and thought it was faulty then rang the Miele helpline. I discovered that when I assembled it, I did not put the handle in firmly enough. Once I pushed it in more firmly it worked perfectly.

This is not very good at moving over different levels of flooring (for example, it doesn't cope very well with moving from my hard kitchen floor onto the back door mat) but a simple heave on the vacuum solves this.

A tip for new users! The attachments are difficult to remove from the suction tube - I found that if gently twisted they come away easily.

Haven't changed a bag yet - it is slightly irritating that I can't see how full it is. It doesn't come with any spare bags so I will need to order some but................ as I can't see how full the existing one is, I haven't a clue how soon I will need one.

I love the lovely long cable - I don't have to keep unplugging, and moving to another plug like I did with my previous vacuum.

Overall, my initial impression is that it is an excellent product. Only time will tell how well/long it lasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best hoover I have had, 9 Jan. 2014
I have tried lots of different hoovers including Dyson and Hoover brands, both bagless. I was worried about the cost of the bags but I have been using my hoover for nearly 2 months and haven't had to empty the bag yet, loads of room. Love the carpet button as it cleans carpets like a dream. Admittedly it is slightly heavier than my Dyson but I am very happy to live with that because the performance is way better. A great hoover.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good heavy duty hoover, 5 Jan. 2014
Having used all sorts of hoovers over the years - I do like this one. It is quiet, it does its' job. The suction on both the hoover and nozzle are good and the cable is long. The telescopic nozzle makes cleaning stairs easy and the way the hoover swivels and turns makes it easy to hoover. The only down side is that the hoover is very heavy even when hovering. This is a problem.

2.0 out of 5 stars Repair centre tip, 6 Jan. 2014
Miele S6220 2000 Watt Cat and Dog Bagged Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner, Tayberry RedWhile they are working they are great, however if you require a repair you can get it collected and repaired for £90.00 which sounds good, BUT if it costs to much to repair they class it as not economical to repair, be aware the slightest fault ie a wheel falling of with a broken switch, is beyond economical repair. We paid top price for a vacuum that has only lasted 5 years !!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars cable issues, 13 Jun. 2014
Ridware (HAMSTALL RIDWARE, STAFFS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have bought other Miele modrs in the past and been very pleased. This certainly does have good strong suction, but my main issue is with the mains cable. My previous Miele hads retractable cable, which I would have preferred , but was aware this model doesn't. However after just a few months regular use im finding the cable is kinking badly in many places , which is a pain.
Also the small attachment I use to vacuum the staircase using the hose has a very flimsy lip which soon snapped off.
The hose JUST stretches to the top of my stairs, could do with a bit more stretch. Yes its very heavy which I don't mind, but could be a problem for many if need to carry up/down stairs. And heavy enough to chip furniture and paintwork if not careful !
So its doing its job, with issues as mentioned.......wouldn't buy again unless improvements.

5.0 out of 5 stars A heavy brute, but is the best vacuum cleaner we’ve ever had!, 7 Dec. 2013
The title says it all. We love this machine, as long as you don't have to lift it: it is also the quietest vacuum cleaner we've ever had.

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt do what it says, 18 Dec. 2013
Bought the s7580 vacuum cleaner thinking it was top of the range fully automatic, Only to find in automatic mode going from on surface to another it just stays on full power. you have to also turn off the brushroll manually, contacted miele and asked if this was working right and the could not give me a positive answer or tell me how to test it. In my opinion the manual one will do the same job and cheaper as the auto button does nothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 10 May 2015
Not sure if these are available now with the EU rules on vacuum motor sizes but have to say this is a sucking monster. It is a little heavy but incredibly manoeuvrable, Cleans perfectly, automatically varies the suction power for different surfaces and feels like it could run 24/7 without a break. Certainly the best vacuum I have used. It also does the car as well if not better and easier than the petrol station vacuum.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good its worth sending all the way to New Zealand, 14 May 2014
Does everything Miele says it does and in fact is so good I paid for it to be shipped to New Zealand and paid tax & duties in both countries...still cheaper than what a retailer in NZ would have charged.