5.0 out of 5 stars Nite Ize Spokelit
I was looking for something to make me seen commuting to work on the dark winter nights and thought these might do the trick.

Published on 5 Jan 2010 by C. RINGER

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not good enough
Published on 27 Mar 2011 by rowegtrader

5.0 out of 5 stars Nite Ize Spokelit, 5 Jan 2010
C. RINGER (Kent, England) - See all my reviews

They fit very securely into the spokes without tools and have stayed put on the potholed roads of London. They emit a suprising amount of light and make you stand out on the road. I have used two on the front wheel and you get a great effect as they phase through about 8 colours in tandem.

Unfortunately one of the two I bought arrived with the batteries nearly worn out. It is easy to replace the watch batteries and they seem to be keeping the water out.

The only problem I have is that I keep getting distracted at them spinning round when I should be looking at the road!

Would recommend highly for commuters and kids alike.
Chris R.

5.0 out of 5 stars Safefor those early morning paper rounds, 30 Oct 2009
Mrs. ML Walker (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these in an attempt to find something funky and cool for my 14 year old son but provided some extra visibility to other road users. He does an early morning paper round and during the summer of course it has been light so no problem. They are great - a little pricy I thought but hey what price a bit of peace of mind? They are great - really bright - you can set them on various pulses. Took a little while to get them working but only because I needed to hold down the centre button for longer than I had thought from reading the instructions.
I bought one for the front and one for the back and from the point of view of making him more visible it does the trick - front and rear lights are great but this just makes you more obvious to road users. Also he has switched bikes a number of times and these just pop on and off.
Simple and effective.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well, 9 Feb 2011
Androo (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bike Light (Sports)
This certainly makes your bike stand out when it's on, especially from the side. I feel less vulnerable at junctions now. I suppose it would be even better with a second one. The light seems robust and is fairly easy to fit to a spoke. It fits on the 'inside' of your spokes so there's no danger of it catching on anything. One thing I don't like is that the on/off switch (that also cycles between flashing and not flashing) is far too stiff and very awkward to press.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes people look, 29 Mar 2010
R. Jarvis (Chelmsford) - See all my reviews
Excellent safety feature.Cars are more aware as you pass road junctions.Very bright & easy to fit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great effect, 21 Jun 2012
Excellent product. Here's why:

1. Easy to fit - it took a couple of attempts to fit to the wheels but no real problem
2. Easy to operate - I immediately changed the batteries with new ones and pressed the button - simples! You have a choice of static light (or changing in my case as I bought the disco lights) or flashing
3. Very, very visible - I was impressed with how bright they are

The only downside is that I nearly crashed due to watching the light in the front wheel lol.

I'm very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous! High visibility, feel much safer!, 10 Feb 2010
TC (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bike Light
One of the best things I have bought this year. I cycle constantly and feel much more visible, particularly on the usual 'blind' sides with incoming cars from side roads. Certainly makes drivers more aware. I even have other cyclists and pedestrians stop me to ask where I got them from! Great idea. Buying some for cyclist friends now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little Product, 29 Jan 2011
P. Douglas (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bike Light (Sports)
Saw these on Amazon and for the price decided to give it a go. I have used it for the last few months for communting and really impressed. I bought it so that drivers have better visibility of me side on when approaching junctions. The product is easy to fit. It has a small groove in the back which you put over a spoke, then you slide the product up. It is a very secure fit (it has never moved in the months I have been using it). I use the product for a 30 minute (each way) daily commute to work and at this rate the batteries last for about a month and a half before needing replaced. As the product spec says it uses two CR2016 cell batteries (flat watch batteries) and you can get a pack of twelve of these on Amazon for [...]. Overall a good little product well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for winter urban riding, 24 Nov 2012
Really great. Very easy to fit, very secure and really help you to be seen on the road.
I do a lot of cycling in central London where pedestrians crossing traffic jams/ crossing in general without looking is a problem. These lights have certainly reduced the amount of people who just don't see me before stepping off the pavement. They seem to make people reallise that a bike it actually quite a bit bigger and faster than it looks with just a little white blinking light coming down the road.
Other cyclist at traffic lights ask me where I got them from at least once a week because they are really eyecatching (and they do look pretty awesome when you've got up some speed and they are a solid block of changing colour light on the spokes)
Like others have mentioned here, the battery life is quite short, so you do have to change them pretty often in the winter. it's not difficult to do though and you can get a pack of 12 batteries on Amazon for about £3.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but not good enough, 27 Mar 2011
First of all a great invention. These are great for urban night riding especially for helping cars see you side on at roundabouts, cross roads etc. There are two modes: flashing and on. I bought the green lights as they are more noticeable to cars. The problem with the product though is the batteries only last 2 months and they get dimmer as time goes on. I cycle 15 mins a day, 5 days a week and they are expensive to replace. My white flashing LED head light lasts a lot longer and remains bright right up until the short time before the battery dies. I like this product, but the battery issue is a real deal breaker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for improving visiblity, 9 Dec 2011
This review is from: Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bike Light (Sports)
This product was recommended by a colleague and fellow cyclist. I chose the blue ones on the assumption that people see blue as the emergency services and subconciously notice that colour more. Since having them on the bike, I have had a great deal fewer close misses and cars give me a lot more space when they are passing. I would thoroughly recommend them.

Nite Ize Spokelit LED Bike Light