5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!
I got this CD for Mother's Day, and now that I've read that these songs were for Ronan's mother who died of cancer makes it all the more special. I love every song on this CD - it's not often that I get a CD where I like all the songs. It's brilliant - don't hesitate to buy this CD.
Published on 28 Mar 2009 by G. Kemp

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but it is what it says it is and no more.
An excellent collecttion of songs for Ronan's mother and sung in his delightful and beautifully produced 'studio' voice. If you are missing some of the tracks this is a good buy. Do not expect anything new! Otherwise a delight.
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by Edmund

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely CD, 22 April 2009
C. A. Lewery "Caroleanne" (The Best place on earth) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Having lost my Mum I knew she would have loved this CD and I enjoyed it greatly. The Irish lilting sounds are a particular favourite.

3.0 out of 5 stars Songs For My Mother, 3 May 2009
CHARLES P. SELLEY "Chuck" (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Purchased as a gift for the "better half"...she was disappointed that...(1) Too many dated songs...(2) Some of the covers have been done better by other Artists. A good buy for the older Lady.

2.0 out of 5 stars So ,So, 22 April 2009
Ms. L. A. Williams (Norfolk, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I wasnt very struck on some of the songs,I think he could have done a lot better, as he has a great singing voice, but this one wasnt for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 July 2014
good

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 23 April 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I was really looking forward to this album based on the promo clips I had heard. But when I listened to it for the first time it was actually quite disappinting. It should have been a treat to listen to these songs getting new treatments but in fact it just sounds gloomy. Marketed to coincide with Mother's Day in the UK it's clear that Ronan has retreated to mourning his own mum again, fair enough but I wasn't sure I wanted to have to relive it with him quite so vividly. It just sounds sad. The rework of Adele's "Make you feel my love" is the best of the tracks and is lovely, but at the opposite end of the scale "Mama's Arms" was so mournful and depressing I wanted to cry - for the wrong reasons. The only vaguely upbeat track is "Suspicious Minds" but it would take the strongest of Ronan fans to argue that he ought to try an Elvis number.

It did of course sell in great numbers, so much so that it was out of stock in many shops for a fortnight in the run up to Mother's Day. I almost regret having bought it as it didn't inspire anything other than gloom and despair.

Sorry Ro - I don't think this one works.

2.0 out of 5 stars Sentimental but Average at Best, 21 Mar 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Firstly, I commend Ronan on his tireless charity work. In many interviews he comes across as a decent and genuine individual. But, as with all reviews, this album needs to be credited on it's musical content rather than it's sentimentality. So, with that, I know that I will offend people here. He has took on some big songs here in 'Both Sides Now', 'I Believe I Can Fly', 'Suspicious Minds' and 'Time after Time' so I give him an 'A' for ambition. However, he does not really have the vocal range or charisma to carry these big numbers and it all seems like bad karaoke to me. The rest of the album really continues in the same vein, with only 'This Is Your Song' really making any impression. Production is 'clean' and 'bland', with the usual array of lush strings and uneventful arrangements. A rather lacklustre affair and one that will be long forgotten after 'Mother's Day'. I'm sorry Ronan, I know that you put your heart and soul into this one, but as an honest reviewee, it's just mediocre at best.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but Not His Best, 30 Aug 2009
Ms. Fiona Mckenzie (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this CD but 10 songs isn't enough for a CD.
It was a very moving CD which was very thoughtful for his mother.

5.0 out of 5 stars ronan keating songs for my mother, 5 May 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
this item was not for me but the person told me it was a good album so i be get it myself when i got money

1.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't matter how good the cause is ...., 24 Mar 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
if the record is dire. I only know this album exists as out of curiosity I was checking the Chart listings to see how Peter Doherty's (surprisingly very good) new release was doing and saw that this was number 1. You might wonder why I'm even bothering reviewing it ; well it's because it's so depressing that something so lacking in merit can be the best selling album in the U.K

I assumed it was a cynical marketing exercise to cash in on Mother's Day, one of those ghastly " perfect Mother's day presents " punted on the insulting assumption that possessing a working uterus somehow results in all critical faculties being suspended.

I'm sure he's a lovely person and it's obviously very sad his mother died prematurely . However it doesn't prevent this, as far as I can tell on the basis admittedly of only the clips here, being dull, bland unimaginative karaoke.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cynical cash in, 24 Feb 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Like fish and chips? So does Ronan and he'll have plently of cat food to spare from his royalties. Loathsome man.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

Songs For My Mother
Songs For My Mother by Ronan Keating (Audio CD - 2009)