5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a go
I have rencelty started using a kindle and thought it was great when I saw that you could have newspaper subscriptions sent straight to it. I don't tend to buy newspapers and often miss the news due to the shifts I work and have often found myself not knowing about things that everyone else is talking about.

I have read the reviews of this subscription and was...
Published on 11 May 2012 by J Rabbit 10

3.0 out of 5 stars You get the articles - but could be so much better
If you want to read the Mail on your Kindle that's what you get - personally, as I travel a lot, I really liked being able to get the articles and read them at breakfast.

By the end of my free trial, however, I felt really disappointed and didn't feel it worth the money. There are some terrible spelling mistakes, many many typos and text inserted into the...
Published on 6 Nov. 2010 by Annah

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 15 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I was a Daily Mail reader Monday to Friday. Did not bother with the weekends to many adverts. I do not miss the TV guide as I have the planner on my TV. So I am very pleased with the Kindle version. Also money wise it is good value if you add up the price of buying the paper each day. Before The Mail I tried The Guardian which also was good but I felt for me that the Mail was a better paper for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 6 July 2011
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Far too many errors in the text. Even during a free trial it gets annoying. Certainly not worth paying for.

1.0 out of 5 stars Too slow from page to page., 1 Sept. 2010
G Furniss (Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
This is a review of the application as used on my Kindle (...and not a review of the journalism).

I was looking forward to getting the mail on my Kindle but unfortunately it's a tedious experience as the page turns are so slow that I thought the kindle had 'locked up' as there was no response to the selector button. So I hit the selector again, usually just as it responded to the first click, and ended up somewhere I didn't intend to be.

Other than that. the lack of graphics is a bit of a turn off but after 3 trial issues I cancelled the subscription as it was just such a pain putting up with the user unfriendliness of the 'App' Shame really as their online website provides one of the best experiences in layout, being able to find the articles you're interested in and general user friendliness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 2 July 2012
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I tried to find out about the Kindle and what to expect from the Daily Mail. I thought there were no photos in newspapers - idea supported by sales staff. Bloggs said it was so awful.

I found the articles to be well written - are they better than those in the physical newspaper? Perhaps it's just me! And, surprise surprise there are photos too.

Really a very good product. I am sensitive to the inks in printed magazines and newspapers so I looked into buying a Kindle and almost gave up. I did not get accurate information anywhere.

Great product Kindle and great product Daily Mail - thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars It's free for two weeks and I still don't want it!, 22 Jan. 2011
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Grateful for the free trial - but I just didn't enjoy any aspect of reading the Daily Mail on Kindle and cancelled it after 5 days. There's no feel of it being a daily paper, just random articles that don't seem to follow any order. However on the bright side, Kindle's browser takes me to the Daily Mail website where I can read the online version in a format I can cope with.

3.0 out of 5 stars Judge it for yourself!, 27 Feb. 2011
Simon Hunter (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Im sure there are many out there like myself who have been disuaded from trying out the kindle newspaper format by the multitude of negative review listed.

Well, I decided to give the 14 day free trial a go (purely on the basis that i can't put my kindle down for five minutes!), and I am actually really pleased with what I have seen. Wheather or not this is purely because I had such a negative preconception, im not yet sure, but I can certainly say I believe a great many of the critisisms are rather unjustified, or at least a bit harsh.

The most common complaint seemed to be navigating the articles. This in actual fact is very simple. For newspaper readers like myself, who will tend to scan through every headline, getting the gist of all of the news, and reading the full article of particular stories of interest, the kindle really excels. Pressing left or right on the D-pad takes you through the stories in order, with the headline at the top, and article benieth which can be explored with the usual page buttons. There's also a very easy to use table of contents which is presented in two columns. In the left column is a list of all of the section of the paper; news, entertainment, food, etc. - and the column on the right dispays all stories within a highlighted catigory. This is a great way to get to the stories you sppecifically want.

Other critisism I've read:

Lack of pictures - this is very noticable. There seems to be a picture for about one in ten articles, and there is no point in expanding them since the size they are displayed at looks like their actual resolution.

Slow navigation - I haven't had any problems with this at all. I don't know if it has something to do with older versions of the kindle or with kindles that are filled with loads of content, but since I don't fall into either catigory, I can't really say.

So there are my initial views - a great way to scan through the news. Obviously it isn't as thorough as the paper version, but it is cheaper and greener. My main reason for writing this review was that I don't think the terrible reviews are really fair. I'd say give it a go for free for 14 days and see for yourself - you may be pleasently suprised like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent whilst abroad, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
If you have a Kindle 3G and travel abroad often or for extended periods then this is an excellent way of keeping up to date. The Mail in Tenerife is expensive and doesn't always have late breaking news or football results but the Kindle version fares better and works out considerably less expensive than buying a paper everyday. I wouldn't use the Kindle version in the UK but definately would everytime I go abraod.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good Some Bad, 28 Oct. 2011
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Just come back off holiday and i subscribed to the Daily Mail at £8.99 for a month and whilst the print copy is undoubtedly better, it was nice to have it there every morning sitting at the pool. Yes improvements can be made but for me as a person who mainly skims the paper rather than reading it in depth, i find it quite good. Also at an average cost per day of £0.30 pence an edition is a lot cheaper than a foreign edition of the same paper and you do not have to go hunting for it. I just walked down to poolside and read it before breakfast whilst wife was in bed. Even loaned it to some people who had Kindle but did not know they could get a paper delivered to Kindle. All in all does what i want it for

1.0 out of 5 stars No care taken to produce this paper for kindle, 8 Jan. 2011
C. Harris - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I started on the trial with this paper. Very happy with the quantity of news this paper provides. But the way the text is shown is very poor. Sentences are sometimes repeated. You get some misspelling on some articles. Because of this, I did not enjoy reading. I have an app on my phone called press reader. Full articles are displayed exactly how the pages are in the original paper version. Its a shame that they have not polished up the kindle format, as this is what I would prefer. Until they do so, I shall continue using press reader. A great shame as the kindle is a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good translation of the newspaper, 21 Sept. 2010
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Was a little apprehensive about subscribing to the newspaper after reading other reviews, but I am glad I did. I had the trail subscription for just over a week and found the Daily Mail to be very good. I like the format of the paper on the kindle, although they could be some minor improvements, adding tables, slight glitches in the text, but overall I believe to be well worth the money. I like the way the paper is broken down into sections and then into articles, being able to view it either way, the article view being great for skipping through.
Going to try out the alernative papers now (not many), but would certainly return to the Daily Mail. Don't be put off by the other reviews, you can't beat the free trails and samples, the kindle is a great device, worth every penny, especially for the serial book reader.

‹ Previous | 1 2 333 | Next ›