5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a go
I have rencelty started using a kindle and thought it was great when I saw that you could have newspaper subscriptions sent straight to it. I don't tend to buy newspapers and often miss the news due to the shifts I work and have often found myself not knowing about things that everyone else is talking about.

I have read the reviews of this subscription and was...
Published on 11 May 2012 by J Rabbit 10

3.0 out of 5 stars You get the articles - but could be so much better
If you want to read the Mail on your Kindle that's what you get - personally, as I travel a lot, I really liked being able to get the articles and read them at breakfast.

Published on 6 Nov 2010 by Pepice

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it a go, 11 May 2012
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)

I have read the reviews of this subscription and was rather disappointed and put off by some of the reviews about there being lots of mistakes is the text etc. so thought it best not to bother with the subscription. I did however see a review by someone that tried the subscription initially when it first started and thought it was bad but then gave it another go and thought it had been improved.

This in mind I decided to give it a go especially as the 14 day trial is free and though what have I got to lose. I was expecting to see lots of mistakes and for the articles to be all over the place however I was delighted to find that wasn't the case - the only exception being that sometimes the headline for a new article will be under the last article rather then starting a new page but this doesn't bother me as it's still quite clear that it is a new article.

From reading the previous reviews it seems that someone somewhere has definately been listening to the comments that people have made to improve the service. Granted today is my first day of my trial but I'm more than happy with what I have recieved.

If you are looking at these reviews and they're putting you off I'd suggest doing the free trial so see for yourself what you're actually getting, from what I've received today I'm happy to continue to pay for the service once my trial ends.

The headline on the page before the article may not be everyone's cup of tea but at the end of the day getting the paper in digital form is saving trees and whats more important?

Give it a go - what have you go to lose? The trial is free.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get the articles - but could be so much better, 6 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)

By the end of my free trial, however, I felt really disappointed and didn't feel it worth the money. There are some terrible spelling mistakes, many many typos and text inserted into the middle of articles incorrectly. Photos/pictures seem to be randomly inserted - not inserted when the article mentions it, only one picture of two inserted (i.e. a before and after - and usually the 'before'). I'm not going to pay the subscription as it will only allow the Mail to keep charging the public for poor quality - shame on the Mail for not wanting to do better.

Until the above problems are sorted out I would recommend trying the other trials and then making a decision on which is best - quality on the Kindle Telegraph is good, but no pictures. I'm trying the Times next....

1.0 out of 5 stars Daily Mail, 19 Sep 2010
C. C. Mitchell "Astroman" (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I have had a trial of the Daily Mail Kindle Edition for the past 6 days, I am not very impressed. Not a lot of care seems to have been taken with "typesetting" with many broken words, missing letters and numbers. There are a few photos but they seem to have been arbitrarily chosen and where a photo is refered to in the next it is not there! The Kindle is a great Platform as I can see from my books, it's a shame that not more care and thought was put into the newspaper's Kindle edition. I shall try some of the other papers, hopefully they will be better constructed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Daily Mail via a Kindle, 9 July 2011
J. Colder (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I spend a great deal of time in Spain and find that the daily newspapers there are very expensive. Being able to download a newspaper daily on my kindle is a good way of saving money and still keeping up with the latest news. Via 3G a newspaper on Kindle is there in seconds and it never blows around in the wind and you don't get covered in newpaper print. It takes a while to get use to the format and after a while it is second nature finding your way around. Sometimes, there are bits of text missing but on the whole I think reading a newpaper on a Kindle is brilliant!

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
After testing the Daily Mail/Mail on Sunday for a week I was surprised by the poor quality type-setting. There were errors and duplications all over the place. I do not want to pay for such sloppy quality. A big problem for me was the Sports section. Being a bloke I generally read a newspaper from the back first. The Kindle version has no Results Summary section or League Tables. If you flick through a lot of pages you might eventually find an article on the match that you are interested in, but then sometimes the score is not included in the article.

4.0 out of 5 stars Daily Mail on WiFi Kindle, 24 Sep 2010
Terry Trout "flyfisher" (Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I have to agree with JohnB's comments, the overall presentation for me is not bad at all. I am a novice user of the Kindle, & after the usual book loading decided to take the trial Mail version. For the last three days I have been pleased with the content. A few pictures here & there & the odd text error, but that does not detract from the idea of downloading the 'paper content' each morning. Rather than print-on-fingers & finding enough air space to open the paper on the train, without upsetting someone has worked for me.
I also like the facility of 'clipping' articles, which is so much easier & convenient than keeping the paper to show elsewhere or keep for reference, which you never do because you can't remember where you put the damn thing.
I for one have not experienced the 'slow' page turning that was reported, & at nearly 30p a copy each day I will be subscribing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good enough, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Kindle needs to get its act together if they want the newspapers to succeed. I trialled the Mail along with the independent and have discontinued both of them, mainly because of the clunky way that the kindle handles newspapers. I still took the paper edition, [until today] because an advert appeared for the Ipod version. I own an I pod touch which I bought over a year ago and downloaded the aps. The result is a newspaper with lots of pictures and in colour for wait for it FREE.
I dropped the independent because they have shot themselves in the foot with the introduction of the 20 p mini paper

Good luck whichever choice you make

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldnt fault it., 5 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I tried the Free 14 day Trial of the Daily Mail as we were going on holiday and I must say I was very pleased with it.The paper was delivered early every morning when I had internet and I had no problems with the layout or formatting what so ever. It was easy to read and simple to navigate.Other Half kept borrowing my kindle to read the sport on it!!I dont usually let him touch it !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 5 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
Being temporarily housebound at the moment due to an operation, thought it would be great to try the Kindle version. Don't read a paper regularly but do like the Sunday edition - what a waste of money this was. Barely any news story, none of the magazines and no sports review for my husband to enjoy. Won't be bothering with this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday (Kindle Edition)
I was a Daily Mail reader Monday to Friday. Did not bother with the weekends to many adverts. I do not miss the TV guide as I have the planner on my TV. So I am very pleased with the Kindle version. Also money wise it is good value if you add up the price of buying the paper each day. Before The Mail I tried The Guardian which also was good but I felt for me that the Mail was a better paper for me.

The Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday