5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and good contents, 28 Aug. 2009
T. Braddick (Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: La Vie Electronique 3 (Audio CD)
I gave a 5 star review to LVE 1 and my critique was questioned by another reviewer - yes, none of the contents were starkly new to anything we have available already, but it still added insight in to how KS made steps between albums and the music is good in it's own right.

I believe LVE 3 is worth 5 stars because, if you like KS around 1975, then his live work was usually interesting (based on a few fan tapes I've been fortunate to hear). So in this set we have three full discs of excellent sound quality live recordings, not every piece is a masterpiece, but there is sufficient creativity, sequencing and entertainment for me to feel 3.5 hours for under £12 is a bargain and worth 5 star appreciation. Some tracks still appear to be faded out (a big criticism of the live bonus tracks on the re-releases of the past few years) but this is the only negative I'd record in music terms. Disc 2 is particularly good and I can see that it will get listened to a lot.

The usual booklet prepared by kdm has a selection of period photos, some notes on the tracks where known and a dodgy/ cringe inducing article by an American EM fan (repeated in LVE4, which is annoying and a bit lazy IMO).

And finally, credit to Amazon, a good price and delivered in two days at the 'no cost' service level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure..., 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: La Vie Electronique 3 (Audio CD)
...Klaus.

Der Lauf der Dinge (last two tracks on disc 2) have been on loop in the month since I bought this. Wonderful, pure, analogue sequenced Schulze at his finest.

La Vie Electronique 3
La Vie Electronique 3 by Klaus Schulze (Audio CD - 2009)