on 28 November 2009
The starter kit arrived very well packaged and only a few days after ordering. My kit was missing a small bit but they immediately sent it out by next post. Very impressive customer service.

Instructions come with the kit but every beer pack also contains a set. They are very easy to follow and surprisingly pretty quick to do. Most of the time is spent sterilising everything!

While the kit does include everything you need to brew the beer, if you are going to keep and serve from the pressure keg I would recommend also getting a cap with a valve Home Brew - 2" Pressure Barrel Cap With S30 Valve to allow you to re-gas with a soda-stream type CO2 cannister.

It's a great hobby, before you know it you'll be experimenting with other ingredients such as spraymalt.

And the beer.... if you're patient enough to wait the recommended time, it's great! I've now made pilsners and a special Christmas stout (2 tins, no additional sugar). The stout really does taste like the real-deal.

We've now bought a second pressure barrel to keep us in a continual supply of beer.

Cheers!
on 12 May 2010
When I thought I would try some home brew, I wasn't sure where to start, but when I found Ballihoo on Amazon everything I needed was there. The brewing kit is exellent ,well made and easy to use,delivery was within two days and well packaged. All you need is to select your beer, purchase brewing sugar,from the same site, follow the instructions on the tin,and away you go. Can't fault anything, exellent!!
on 6 August 2015
Everything you need to start brewing - I'm a newbie so wanted to get a kit which would have everything I need, and this certainly does. From start to end everything was included (even a pint glass). I've since expanded on the kit, but I'd recommend this kit for the beginner who maybe isn't sure what to get first off, or isn't sure they want to keep it up! Contains instructions too
on 1 July 2011
I didn't purchase this from Amazon, its cheaper to buy from Balliihoo themselves and their postage is alot cheaper. I ordered it around midnight on wednesday and got woken up friday by the interlink delivery man with 2 big boxes from Balliihoo, excellent service. It all came well packaged and easy to set up. I'm brewing a proper beer from scratch, not one of those beer kits. The starter set includes everything you need to get started with any beer, larger or cider you want. Although instructions are included with this kit, it doesn't really provide information on whats happening at each stage and know what is supposed to be happening or how to put all the kit together. In light of this I purchased a book 'How to Brew' by John Palmer, this is an excellent book for beginners like myself who want to know what everything does and how to do everything properly to get a perfect brew. I can't wait until bottling day and Balliihoo's excellent value and excellent quality kit made this all possible!
on 13 February 2016
Bought this product after a little online surfing. I've never made home brew before so didn't know what to expect. The product arrived as stated (or so I thought) quality seems decent and there is enough stuff to get you started (decent thermometer is required). However I discovered that my hydrometer was broken even though it had been packed well. I contacted balliihoo who without question are supplying me with another free of charge. Prompt response from them also which is also great. For the price quality and customer service you cannot go wrong. Would strongly recommend.
on 30 March 2010
I bought this homebrew kit having had very little experience of the process involved.
4 weeks have since passed and I am trying the first sample, it actually tastes like beer!
Everything you need is included in the kit, just add a little patience and some thorough sterilising!
You will need to choose a starter kit as well. I bought the IPA, as I knew it would be to my tastes. All of the equipment arrived really promptly and well packaged.
If you want some cheap and drinkable beer, then I recommend this kit.
on 12 May 2013
Everything you need; fermenter bucket, syphon hose, big spoon, sterilizer, hydrometer, funnels.. The lot. Pressure barrel works perfectly. All perfectly packed. Even got a Ballihoo pint mug which I wasn't expecting. All in all an excellent bargain. Had done home brew before and wanted to start up again. On my second batch already.
on 24 April 2012
I'll be honest I haven't bought this kit and found it while looking for other things. However I have got a very similar kit (it's bascially identaical less the Jug and J-cloth (which you probably have) and funnels (which you don't really need) but paid quite a bit less for it (I paid £45 + £P&P...if you buy a couple of beer kits too the P&P is free over £65). Try looking at other homebrew online sites not just Amazon (I got mine from Home Brew Online, but there are several other sites around (not sure if I can say this...but guess will find out!).

That said it is a good kit, good fun and you'll produce some beer that is definitly drinkable, even first go...bit of a hint, leave it a few days longer than they suggest and it'll taste a bit better!
on 6 August 2010
I ordered this kit and it arrived the following day. In all a good quality, well priced, & well packed kit, ready to use, (which I have) & am looking forward to some quality ale in about a fortnight.
on 21 December 2014
I bought this as a Christmas gift for one brother in law, it arrived earlier than I expected which was excellent" as my sister got it,looked inside" and laughed her self silly". He now has a large garage to brew ale's. Roll the happy days. A very good buy.