5.0 out of 5 stars Minor flaws but still the best target on the market.
Published 12 months ago by broxi3781

3.0 out of 5 stars loads of fun!!!
I bought this for my grandson, he has had great fun with it, could be a little studier but it does seem to hold up to the job!
Superb communication from seller!!!
Published 8 months ago by Alice

5.0 out of 5 stars Minor flaws but still the best target on the market., 25 Nov 2013
broxi3781 (belfast) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Large Spinning Target, For Nerf Gun and Rifles, Crossbow and Hand Bow, new design for 2014 - a great Christmas present for any budding indoor assasins! Made in the UK! (Toy)
Of course shooting Nerf guns at living targets is ever so much more fun, there are times when the rest of the family get rather fed of up with being used for target practice, especially when fishing yet another dart out of my tea. Just shooting without having anything to shoot at isn't much fun though, so we started looking for a suitable target. We had narrowed it down to three possibilities - this target and the two official Nerf targets. I had my reservations about the nerf ones as the basic one has quite poor ratings, and it appears that it may only work with certain darts and even then not very well. My son chose this because he thought seeing the target spin would be more fun than noises and lights. Needless to say I find something quietly spinning much more fun than noises and lights, especially as this often gets played in the living room.

This is just a simple wooden frame which folds flat for easy storage and three corrugated plastic cards with a large pin through them. At first we thought these were cardboard, which I would have found disappointing, but even with plastic, these will not be very sturdy. They are fine for something like nerf darts, but this actually comes up in a search for airsoft targets too. We do own several airsoft guns and I can guarantee you most of them would go right through this plastic. The target is 14" wide and 9" tall. The individual targets are 8" x 3", which is more than adequate to be able to hit more often than not from across the living room. We use this with regular Nerf darts and Nerf Vortex.

My oldest son loves this and has had hours of play with it. I like it too as it is quiet, does not require batteries and is somewhat educational since you have to add up your own scores. The targets are heavier at the bottom so they always stop spinning with the numbers upright which is nice as well, meaning no running back and forth to reset targets. It is well balanced too, and it never falls off the table when we shoot it. My youngest enjoys this as well - but he won't stay with it as long as with a living target.

My son and I both share the same complaint with target though. We both think the spinning targets should have been made of solid rather than corrugated plastic. This has fallen from a very low table ( about 24" and one target now has a slightly bent corner. I also feel that the frame is quite light and could be easily damaged. My children tend to be very careful with toys, but I could see some children breaking this very easily. I won't be rating down too harshly. This is much cheaper than any of the other alternatives and I do feel it is more fun as well. I suppose even if you only got a year out of the toy the price is fair enough, but personally I'd have preferred to pay just a bit more for something a bit sturdier. Even so, for the price of this, it would be a wonderful extra for a child receiving a new Nerf gun for Christmas. I am still glad I bought this, and in all honesty, if it did break I would buy another in fact I may buy another to customise with photos anyway. I would certainly recommend this for Nerf guns, but I would not recommend this for any type of pellet gun, airsoft gun, or anything that shoots missiles harder than Nerf darts.

I still would have liked a heavier plastic - but I do think this will last a few years at least, and I will buy another if anything happens to it. In fact buying a new target every few years would be sure to cost less than replacing the batteries in some of the electronic ones - assuming they last long enough to replace batteries. I have upped my rating to a full five stars though based on two new bits of information:

1 These are hand made in the UK. I like supporting initiative like this. This is the type of thing that helps small businesses to grow in our country - and may in time lead to more UK employment. Additionally, we don't have to worry about unfair working conditions or child labour with a small home grown business like this. I think we have to appreciate that it is harder to keep costs down in the UK, and this is sold an incredibly reasonable price.

2. This is made with wood from replenishable sources. I happen to be one of those people who likes trees - and I like knowing that the products I buy are not having a negative impact on the environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and therapy, 25 April 2012
We purchased a rubber band gun and target for our son who suffered brain damage whilst undergoing cancer treatment recently, which has effected his coordination. We thought that this would be a good way to help him work with this and it has been brilliant. Fun and therapy, it ticks all the boxes and is well made. Great purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb !!, 8 Jan 2013
J. M. Lamacraft "silver arrow" (devon, england) - See all my reviews
I got this for my Grandson to go with the Gun and extra darts...it was good that he had something to aim for !! May even buy another one and more darts !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 3 Oct 2013
E. Bishop - See all my reviews
We bought one each for our 10 yo twins (boy & girl)and they are perfect. We have had fantastic fun with all sorts of Nerf guns and bow and arrow sets.

They are a basic design but do the job perfectly and are well made with wooden main parts. We have found they stand and stay upright well - even under heavy attack!

Highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for young guns, 11 Feb 2013
Bought this for my nephew at Christmas, when it arrived I wasn't sure how long it would last as my nephew is 6yrs old .
but to my surprise its still in one piece and he uses it a lot. Thought it might stop him shotting nanny but it hasn't , it's just improved his aiming !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 28 Nov 2012
I ordered this spinning target for my 9 yr old son to enjoy with his arsenal of Nerf guns. It is very good value for money, solidly built, and a good size for use inside the home. It also stops my son aiming for random objects around the house! Another plus is that it helps with mental maths as he keeps track of his scores.
Would definitely recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great way to avoid getting shot all the time!, 16 Jan 2012
John Bruce (Woodford Green) - See all my reviews
Great little gadget that at least gives the avid Nerf Gun enthusiast something to shoot at other than their parents!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 Dec 2013
C. Greenfield (wales) - See all my reviews
I brought this for my 9 year old for xmas so its not been used yet, its make out of thin wood and think plastic but for the money its good, she will use this along with her Pink nurf gun in the garden

4.0 out of 5 stars Santa's Gift, 12 Dec 2013
I've had a look at it and so also has the parents. It is a present from a certain person. I am only Papa but from what i saw it looks excellent for the purpose. Mum and Dad are happy and I reckon Grandson will be, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb addition for Christmas, 1 Dec 2013
Up until now all the Nerf darts were around the house. Now they are all in one place, just by this lovely target.

House tidy! Yippppppeeeee ... great buy!