on 21 May 2012
My elderly mother was bemoaning that they don't make products like they used to. I bought her every type of leave-in conditioner I could find in the usual supermarkets etc. She couldn't remember the name of the product she used to use years ago when her hair was dry. Searching the internet I found the product and read that it is discontinued and very hard to find in the high street. I was delighted to find the product on Amazon and bought 3 tubes in the hope this will last mum if I can't find it in the future. She is delighted - so am I!!!

Most strange that I now have this compulsion to look in every chemists I pass to see if they have Vitapointe and I have found it in one not too far from home.

Mum said this is the best product available and, when Dad was alive, if she ran out she would use a bit of his Vaseline hair tonic.

It's a shame that the old products are not readily-available. I know its supply and demand and the younger generation spend more on hair, hence the vast number of different products on the shelves. But people are living longer. The older generation remember their old products fondly. Whether they really are better is another matter. Perhaps there is an opening for a store selling 40s/50s/60s products?
on 30 November 2010
My Mother used vitapointe on my hair as a child. That was a long time ago. Really. Long, mixed-texture hair that was a bit fly-away and more than a bit frizzy if left to the elements or its own devices. I've abandoned vitapointe several times over the years in search of the perfect hair moisturising leave-in conditioner but when nothing else seems to work, I've always found my way back again. There's that desperate search on the chemist shelf for several packets (I like to bulk buy) making sure there's a good few months supply. One for the handbag and 2 in the cupboard.
As the reviewer above said, it's always hidden away on some bottom corner at the end of a display, marginalised by its glitzy serum cousins. Hair doesn't absorb serums. Hair does absorb Vitapointe. I like that it's not on bold display. It's a secret for those in the know! Unlike the person above, I DO use it on damp hair before blow-drying for the best effect. It keeps the cuticle smooth and helps the shine. I may use a wee bit in the subsequent days but that depends on the elements and how my hair is behaving itself. You have to learn what amount is good for you by trial and error. Rub a small amount between your palms and smooth throughout your hair. Brush it in. That's if your hair is dry all over, like mine. I find it best to apply at night and to use satin covered pillows. Cotton pillowcases rough up the hair cuticle and drain moisture out.
The only thing I would wish from vitapointe is to have another fragrance. It's faintly, well, bleugh... I remember back in 1984 a friend saying.. "eugh... don't like that smell, what is it?" It's just kind of dull. If Vitapointe had the smell of Tigi-S flat iron spray I'd abandon all other hair moisturisers forever and ever and even a bit longer than that.
on 22 August 2011
I found this by accident and decided to give it a try on my long, thick, dry hair. I only use it at the ends but the difference in my hair is noticable. No more frizzy ends and the amount of product needed means this small container goes a very long way.

Have been recommending this to all my friends and my husband now uses it occasionally too.
on 23 May 2012
Vitapointe conditioner for dry hair. Having a problem with mobility I'm very pleased to find this 'oldie but goody' online, and from a seller who shipped it promptly.

Due to the problem of build-up with silicone based serums I'm considering ditching them completely in favour of Vitapointe - a brand I regularly used over 20 years ago.

You only need very little to massage in (usually just the ends) and then brush through your hair to bring bounce and shine. Personally, I like the slight smell...or am I just being nostalgic?

Ideal for frizzy and dry hair - mine is naturally wavy / curly, thick, long and unfortunately chemically damaged.
on 5 September 2014
I BOUGHT THIS PRODUCT FOR MY MOTHER WHO IS IN HER EIGHTIES AND HAS VERY DRY HAIR AS IT'S NATURALY GREY BUT TINTED A VERY BECOMING SHADE OF BLONDE. THERE FOR SAID HAIR IS AS DRY AS A BONE AND LIKELY TO BE HIGHLY FLAMEABLE. AFTER WEEKS OF HER COMPLAINING ABOUT CRACKLY HAIR NOISES KEEPING HER AWAKE I SUDDENLY REMEMBERED GOOD OLD VITAPOINT AND HEY PRESTO PROBLEM SOLVED. MUMS HAIR IS AS SOFT AND GLOSSEY AS THE BLONDE ONE FROM ABBA AND SHE HAS RECCOMENDED VITAPOINT TO ALL HER SIMILARLY TROUBLED FRIENDS.
on 17 February 2016
It's good to still be able to buy this excellent product which I have known for over 25 years. It only needs enough to cover half the little finger-nail smoothed over the whole head, to produce an unbeatable glossy shine with no greasiness or overkill. Highly recommended!
on 30 June 2012
When I was a child my aunt always used Vitapointe and her hair always looked lovely. I didn't need anything then but I am now 74 and have had some minor hair loss and thinning. In desperation I decided to try this 'old fashioned' product. I couldn't believe how much it helped. In fact, someone actually commented on how nice my hair looked. It was many years since I had been told that. I only wish I had tried it earlier - I could have saved myself so much frustration.
very good hair conditioner---but pricey online.
Got some at local store for far less money.
Same make too---but I was desperate at the time--so not blaming the online vendor.
Couple of squeezes on damp hair and you can comb almost immediately no tangles and smells good too
on 27 June 2014
This is my second buy
I will be making sure I order more before tube runs out
I used this years ago and have never found anything better for my wild frizzed hair
So happy to have found a supplier again
on 31 August 2011
Arrived straight away, thank you. Its getting hader and harder to buy this in the shops so I am glad to be able to find a reliable outlet.