4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good
So I had a verruca on the ball of my foot for as long as I can remember, I decided to get rid of it and have finally managed after an 8 month struggle. I'm going to list the remedies I tried and give them a ranking for effectiveness.
Published 12 months ago by R. Mayne

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough plasters
Not enough plasters come with this product! Difficult to use once gone as the ointment doesnt dry, it just sits on the skin and normal plasters dont stick as well.
Published on 27 Jun 2011 by Lisa

4.0 out of 5 stars pretty good, 10 Dec 2013
R. Mayne (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
Disclaimer: I wouldn't take this to be a very scientific study and you can see a lot of problems with the way I went about it, but hopefully this review can help you.

Ranked in order of effectiveness
1. Duct tape
2. Verrugon
3. Salactol
4. Cuplex Gel
5. Vinegar
6. Scholl Freeze verruca remover
7. Bazooka

Bazooka (1 star)
Basically this is a 0 star product. The active ingredient in most of these products is salicylic acid. Bazooka has 10% of this (and even extra strength is only something like 20%). This is one of the lowest and you also have no plaster element so you're just supposed to stick it on and then wait for it to dry. It was completely ineffective, -and shows, I think, the power of good advertising. Despite its uselessness and the bad reviews here, it's pretty much the only product you can buy in the high street.

Scholl Freeze verruca remover (2 stars)
This is expensive but ultimately does little. I followed the instructions up to the point of `if the verucca still hasn't gone then stop using this product'. I t makes a great noise and seems impressive but I think it's all show but no substance ultimately.

Vinegar (2 stars)
A folk remedy I tried for a while. Dab it on a cotton ball and tape it to your foot. Good luck if you try this, the pain was agonising and woke me up whenever I tried it. I think it's as affective as most of these other products but the pain factor means I wouldn't recommend it.

Cuplex Gel (3 stars?)
To be honest I can't fairly asses this product. I was using it during my separate phase just before the verruca vanished so it may have had an effect, I really can't say. It has 11% is salicylic acid (so more than bazooka) and 4% Lactic acid...which I have no idea about. It may have helped then again it may have done nothing.

Salactol (3 stars)
This stuff wasn't bad as it contained 16.7% salicylic acid and 16.7% Lactic acid. In this regard it is stronger than Cuplex and so I would recommend it over buying that. Salactol burned and seemed to be working, the only issues is, as with Bazooka, there were plasters and so you had to sit and wait for it to dry. I also found out that if you don't screw the top on hard it solidifies. Ended up chucking it away.

Verrugon (4 stars)
This product has, by far, the most salicylic acid at whopping 50%. Now if you believe bazooka is effective, and the only active ingredient is salicylic acid then this product is five times as effective. It also comes with small corn plaster-like things to go over the verruca and square plasters. Whenever I used this it always worked very effectively. You are supposed to file the dead skin off but I opted for nail clippers. I think the plasters helped to, they seemed to push the verruca out somewhat. These were by far the most effective and convenient of products on offer and though I made a lot of progress I never quite got rid of the pesky thing with these. I went through quite a few boxes and cut more and more away but there always seemed to be some left.

When people talk about verrucas they often talk about removing the `root'. A word to the wise, the `root' is actually the blood vessels supplying the verruca. Pulling them out may help but I didn't get the impression it made much difference. I even completely removed the root and thought I had killed it but I could still feel a hard lump under my skin, like a small stone, which is how I knew it was still there.
(a tip with this product is to buy big plasters and corn pads as you always end up with left over cream, so you can make a DIY version of this.)

Duct tape (5 stars)
I have to give this 5 stars because it's what I was using when I finally got rid of the damn thing. I'm not 100% sure it's gone butt I can no longer feel the lump under the skin I used to feel. I'm a sceptic and very wary of `home remedies' so before I sing its praises I should add a few caveats. Firstly, the verruca may have gone because of all the stuff I'd done previously and it may have just been duct tape's good timing. Also, sometimes verrucas just get better, and this may have happened.

Anyway, what finally worked was this. I stuck the Gorilla (duct) tape on and just left it on for around 5 days. I didn't take it off to shower or sleep or anything. When I did take it off I noticed that something odd had happened. Usually I can see the `root' after a treatment, but it's dry. This time it was wet, and rather than little spots it was a small `pool' of congealed blood. When I wiped it I noticed that there was now a hole where the verruca had been. I wasn't sure to get happy or not but when I pressed my foot I noticed it wasn't painful anymore.

My advice is to keep fighting...It took 9 months but it was worth it in the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for obliterating verrucaes, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
My son ended up with 2 verrucaes and this was recommended to my by a podiatrist rather than over the counter high street cures. After a few treatments, both were killed off much to my relief. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!, 24 Jan 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
At last a product that actually works! Well worth the money. Have used it on verrucas that have had every other treatment with no luck but now they're gone!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother with anything else, 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
I wasted time and money on over the counter verruca treatments before hearing about Verrugon from a chiropodist. I had two verrucas on my feet that I had for two years and my husband had one on his finger. We were desperate to get rid of them. Stick to the routine and treat every day religiously. I agree with other reviewers that the rings and plasters are not sufficient. Stock up on corn rings and fabric tape ( the kind used with bandages, plasters come off and are annoying). If you are consistently persistent you will get rid of your verrucas with this. Thank you Verrugon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
A product that really works. 3 verrucas gone in 3 weeks. Only critisicm is that they need to supply twice as many pads and plasters, other sorts just don't stick as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best product on the market, 17 July 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
This product does exactly what it claims to do. It is inexpensive and very effective. Better than Bazuka if a little more messy to use

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
Got this from GP after having warts on my hands for a very long time. Bazuka extra strength, wartner, freezing tried everything and none of it worked........until now. Only been using a week and already can see a massive improvment one wart is almost gone and the other two have completley shrunk in size this product is AMAZING shall defo recommend to all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not enough plasters, 27 Jun 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars It's the cure, 28 May 2014
Mr. R. C. Taylor (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
Follow the directions and this "kit" is very effective
Keep the plaster on for a couple of days at least

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE (Personal Care)
It's not gone yet but it's the only thing that has really worked on my verruca in the last 3 years.

VERRUGON FOR VERRUCAE