on 14 September 2013
---In Use---

Applying this product is very simple, you just spray it onto your hair with the nozzle at the top of the bottle. I like to apply it just before I start to style my hair, and brush it through for better coverage. I find that the ends of my hair get damaged a lot from styling, so I usually apply a bit extra to the ends to prevent this.

When using your styling tools, it's likely that steam will come off of your hair. This is perfectly normal and is simply because your hair is wet from the product. I don't use this before blow-drying anymore, because I put anti-frizz serum on my hair while it's wet, and that has heat defence properties too. When I use this with straighteners, my hair styles a lot easier than before I used it. Without the product the straighteners would tend to snag on my hair, but with the product, the straighteners glide over smoothly.

---Results---

I still get split ends from styling my hair, but I get significantly less now that I use this. The ends of my hair feel softer and more healthy, as opposed to feeling rough before. In fact, my hair feels softer and healthier in general since using this. The product does smooth frizz while I'm straightening my hair, but it doesn't keep the frizz away on it's own. I use anti-frizz serum while my hair is wet, and anti frizz creme when it's been straightened, and that stops my hair from going frizzy in wet and humid conditions. My hair is naturally wavy and frizzy, so if you have normal hair, this could work better for you.

The best thing for me about this product is the smell. Before I started using it, my hair would just smell burnt, no matter what type of shampoo I used before. I hated this, since I had to go out with hair that smelt horrible. As this protects my hair from burning, it also keeps away the burning smell, so I can still smell my shampoo, as well as the soft fruity fragrance from the spray itself. This is a massive bonus for me, as I feel more confident when my hair smells nice.
on 3 September 2012
I've been using this product for 2 years, it's great for dry hair and it can protect up to 230oC which is also great, however i find that the spray nozzle breaks easily, so it starts to squirt rather than spray, and i end up having to squirt the liquid into my hands to put it in, which can get a little bit sticky.
on 24 February 2014
I'm not extremely experienced with hair styling so I decided to try something relatively cheap to protect my hair. I like the tresemme range of shampoos etc and this is just as good. It does protect most of your hair, and saves time and money constantly having to get your hair trimmed because of those split ends. My hair is naturally quite straight so I usually only have to lightly straighten. This is really great because its easy to use. I read some of the other reviews stating they had problems with the nozzles but I have had no such problems. It also lasts a really long time. I've been styling my hair every other day and it'd lasting quite a few months.
on 17 February 2016
I recently tested several hair products due to having Easilocks extensions fitted in my hair.
My natural hair is bob length and my extensions are around 18".
I've always loved the loose classy curl in hair and so I wanted to find a good product that styled my hair but also protected it as I don't want to damage my hair extensions or my own hair which had become dry.
After testing several brands such as Aussie, Pantene, tresemme sea-salt, GHD, mousse, V05 etc I found that a lot of these products promised a lot but practically did little to style and protect including actually 'holding' the style.
Most of these products were too heavy on my hair to keep my curls in, in fact the Aussie product was just too much and curls fell out really quickly.
I use GHD curlers hairdryer and straighteners so I'm used to using decent products and I kept thinking I was doing something wrong.
I even tried using a tiny mist of hairspray on my hair before curling but it just left them looking flat and crispy with no bounce or natural looking curls and I hated hearing that is hissing sound so I knew it was no good for my hair.
Finally I managed to find the perfect combination that was good for my hair and left me with beautiful big bouncy curls.
This styling spray was honestly amazing for my hair. I actually use it in conjunction with Tresemme 'Perfectly undone' shampoo and conditioner as its lightweight and silicone free which is what you need when you have Easilocks extensions.
My curls stay in even overnight, I'm glad I've finally found a combination that really works, I don't even need hairspray to finish, that's how well my curls are holding!
Let's face it not everyone's hair is the same and what might work for one might be the opposite for another, however this is my review on what I've found works and hopefully it will help someone else!
Whether it's natural hair or not, easilocks are A grade quality hair and can be hard to style and you may also have difficult or thick hair and I really recommend you giving this a go.
Also, I've found that properly rinsing the conditioner from my hair helps as not rinsing properly weighs the hair down and can leave it looking greasy or difficult to style.
I also use Argan oil and only wash my hair twice a week as you can actually damage hair by washing too frequently as you rinse away all the natural oil produced.
My hair looks amazing, I love it.
I learnt an expensive lessen after thinking I'd like short hair so any girls out there considering it..... Don't do it!
Enjoy making yourself look beautiful 😊
on 7 March 2013
Ordered for my wife who decided to try something new following her purchase of heated rollers. Excellent service from the supplier and the product has made a positive difference. Repeat orders are planned.
on 17 June 2013
I have fine hair in a bob & this product increases the static in my hair. My daughter has long, thick hair and it works well for her if we use the straighteners, so maybe just avoid with fine hair:)
on 16 November 2014
Excellent product.
I am a Tresemme fan, but have found that most "heat defence" sprays can leave a horrible feel to your hair (with a small amount applied) so I was a little sceptical when trying this..

Pleasantly surprised. Smells great & leaves hair soft and shiny - with no horrible residue

However, it's a hair spray, it's definitely not worth the £7 that's currently being charged on here (no matter how good it is)
on 24 February 2014
Love this heat defence spray. A little goes a long way! You don't need very much - I have very long thick hair and I use up to 6 sprays of this product. It's non-greasy, smells lovely, doesn't leave residue on straighteners and soaks into your hair quite rapidly. Your hairs left soft and looking naturally shiny and healthy - what more could you ask for? Very inexpensive and definitely a staple in my beauty regime,
on 28 June 2012
I use to have very dry, odd hair the day after straightening without this product. Now I don't need to worry, my hair feels better even at times.. would highly recommend.
on 20 February 2013
This is really great for my hair as I use the shampoo and conditioner too. I can really tell the difference in the condition of my hair after using this.