5.0 out of 5 stars great product great service
Cant seem to get the non permanent hair colour on the high street anymore, so this is great to find it on line at a good price.
Published on 7 Aug. 2010 by ginny

3.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous colour, but fades too fast
I love red hair, but I find that my classic brunette colouring is very restrictive when it comes to selecting the right shade. I've tried a few over the years, but have always returned to my trusty black in the end because most reds just shout too loudly on me. A good compromise has always been a shade of red-black, but the ones I like keep getting discontinued! So when I...
Published on 17 April 2012 by Crow Jane

5.0 out of 5 stars great product great service, 7 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Clairol Nice'n Easy Non-Permanent Hair Colour (Lasts Up To 8 Shampoos) - 76 Light Golden Brown (Personal Care)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most gentle dyes available; great results, 31 Jan. 2011
[I've posted this in the US listing too - the info applies on both sides of the pond]

I'm a big fan of this product and I've used several of the medium/dark browns from the same range. I like the Medium Ash Brown the best because I find that cooler browns look good with my green eyes, but the darker ones are nice too.

I don't have that many grey hairs, but I have enough that I want to colour my hair. For years, I used home dye kits that contained ammonia and peroxide (anything you have to mix with an accelerator will contain these). They did a huge amount of damage to my hair, making it brittle and frizzy. A couple of years ago, I decided to only use products that would stain the hair rather than those that would lighten the hair. First I used henna based dye, but it was too messy and time consuming, and it smelled bad. Then I switched to Tints of Nature "Changes" in the Dianthus shade, which I loved, but it seems to have been discontinued.

After much searching for a good compromise between more healthy/less permanent options and budget/availability issues, I've found that Loving Care gives really great results. It's easy to use, smells fine (which is important for me because I'm asthmatic), and rinses out easily. I find it doesn't stain my pillows or sheets, even though most of them are white - just make sure your hair is totally dry when you go to bed. If any dye or tinted water drips onto your clothes or towels, I've found that it comes out in the wash just fine because this is only a stain rather than a hardcore dye.

Note: You do need to use it more frequently than other dyes because it washes out, but you won't get that awful stripey effect at your roots, because it's far more gentle and subtle than the dyes that you mix together. I notice a very slight gradation if I examine any of my grey hairs, but it's less obvious than the way it used to be.

PROS:

-Easy & quick to use

-Smells good

-Great for root touch-ups because you can use a little of the bottle at a time and keep the rest - no mixing required

-No ammonia or peroxide (I presume this means it's safe for pregnant women, but I haven't done the research on that)

-Won't ruin towels or clothes

-Provides subtle overall stain; natural colour variations will still shine through

-Leaves hair in great condition

-Very consistent results

CONS: (mostly marketing/distribution related - these don't affect my fondness for the product)

-I live in Ireland and have found it very hard to find this stuff over here. It seems everyone is conspiring to make me use peroxide! I can't get them shipped to Ireland without paying extortionate shipping costs/duties and I can rarely find them here, so I usually buy them when I visit the US.

-I think the price for this should be around $5.50 a box, because the quantity isn't huge - I usually need 1.5 or 2 bottles for one full application. I would buy it in a drugstore in the US for $6-6.50 and feel like I had gotten a decent deal, but it's fair to assume that things will be cheaper if you buy them online in bulk. At the time of this posting, this seller's listing works out at nearly $10 per box including shipping - that's way too much for something you need to top up every 3 weeks.

-I find it REALLY annoying the way they keep changing the name of this! Years ago, it was called "Loving Care", and now the US name is "Clairol Natural Instincts Loving Care Color", and the European name is "Clairol Nice `n' Easy Hair Colourant by Loving Care". If all those names weren't confusing enough, the names and packaging for the non-permanent version (this listing) and the semi-permanent one (with nasty mixing chemicals) are almost identical. I accidentally bought 4 boxes of the semi-permanent kind in a store recently and had to return them - only to find that they didn't stock the non-permanent ones at all.

That said, this is still my favourite dye on the market.

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy it's nice, 27 Nov. 2009
FussyMissus (Uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Nice and Easy hair colour. Does exactly what it says on the box. Easy application, short waiting time for results and no more grey hair for a while. The colour is temporary, so does not contain any of those nasty chemicals that come with permanent hair colours, and if you do not like it, you can just over-wash it a few times with a good deep-cleansing shampoo and it comes out easily. What I like about this is that you have options - for several weeks you can be one shade, then change shade to another, and all without a visit to the salon or detrimenting your hair. My hair is in perfect condition, even after several uses of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice n Easy 102G, 22 Oct. 2013
This shade is just what I wanted.Not sure why it isnt in the shops but glad I can get it. Thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Allergy alternative, 5 Sept. 2010
Hi found out this year that i am allergic to perm hair dye so had to find an alternative, clairol solved my problem and it is so easy to use,brilliant results,i also have shot hair and so 1 bottle will do 2 treatments.

5.0 out of 5 stars every woman should try this, 20 Jan. 2014
brilliant colour saved me a fortune no more high prices for highlights for me at salons please don't be nervous DO IT

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 11 April 2014
This has been my favourite for many years. Why don't Clairol sell this in Portugal, every other hair colour is represented.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely colour, 26 Jan. 2014
the colour is the same as that shown on the box. but also it has not made my hair dry and brittle like some colouring products do. really pleased with the result.

margaret donovan

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice colour. My hair is medium brown and I ..., 12 July 2014
Nice colour. My hair is medium brown and I left it on for 15 mins and it came out a lovely
shade of brown - not too dark, as some of them can be.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and easy, 13 Jun. 2013
It does what the name says, it colors your hair nice and easy! Easy to apply and gives a beautiful color!