4.0 out of 5 stars A cool kick: exactly what it says on the box
This came as quite a shock really. I have been a long-time user of the Nivea's sensitive after shave balm, so when I received this as a present, I put it on as normal. A strong menthol-type 'kick' hit in immediately and took me quite by surprise.

Published 29 days ago by Stephen Reid

3.0 out of 5 stars OK
Published on 5 Sept. 2012 by Chris

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 5 Sept. 2012
Chris "chrisgb" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Nivea For Men Cool Kick After Shave Balm 100ml (Personal Care)
Picked this up after a particularly unwise razor-buying decision; as someone who's never needed it before, and who doesn't like the feel of "greasy" skin at all, I wasn't really sure what to expect. It does the job, but it also stings like hell for a second or two after application. It could just be me, but I find it inevitably leaves a little residue on the skin with a vaguely oily feel which lasts for a while even though you're only using a small amount each time - a blob about the size of a 5p coin.

It *does* ease razor burn after a few minutes, but if you're expecting a miracle cure, look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars A cool kick: exactly what it says on the box, 28 Dec. 2014
Stephen Reid "Stephen" (Basingstoke) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Now, don't get me wrong: it's not unpleasant. Just not what I was used to. It is exactly as described on the box: a cool kick. The effect wears off fairly quickly, leaving the face feeling cool and refreshed after shaving.

Some reviewers have described the effect as 'stinging'. Not really: not like an alcohol based old fashioned aftershave. It does have alcohol in it, but I think it's the menthol that produces the main effect. Either way, it's cool, refreshing and soothing.

For the rest of it, it's like the sensitive balm. It leaves the face feeling moisturised and smooth and for me that's the main reason for using it. I'm not sure I like it as much as the unscented product (hence four stars rather than five), so I'll have both on the go at the same time and use each as the mood takes me.

The product comes boxed, in a glass bottle. It has a creamy consistency: a little goes a long way. It is good value therefore. I recommend this range of products: it's your choice as to which you use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like, 11 Dec. 2013
As christmas gifts it will be very aprecciate for family men! The price was very good has it is nivea!

4.0 out of 5 stars The old school & better for it!, 5 Nov. 2013
This really does what it says; soothes, smells wonderfully, apply sparingly & feel skin respond, nothing better as a balm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 4 Sept. 2013
I've always used Nivea and it's never failed to do what it should do. The price delivered beat any price i'd seen. The cool kick really is effective if like me your skin's sensitive. Totally recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, 19 Dec. 2012
My husband always uses cool kick , he says he has sensitive skin and this aftershave doesn't sting as much as usual aftershaves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keeps face cool and irritation free after shaving., 1 Mar. 2014
AB (Wakefield) - See all my reviews
This aftershave is brilliant. I have used this since I started shaving and this has personally served me well. I only once a bit (size of a 2p or 50p coin) and it instantly takes affect and soothes and makes my face feel soft and cool. This particular product gives a small kick one added to the face however its not that bad.

If you don't think you wont be able to withstand the kick then I would recommend some of the other versions of this product which gave all the same qualities.

To conclude, I would highly recommend this product for this price its an absolute bargain (I if recall correctly this is currently selling over £5 in boots).

5.0 out of 5 stars The every day product for, 12 Feb. 2014
Over the years I have used a lot of different ASB. most of them are more glamorous than Nivea, But as soon as I managed to give myself a bad shave it's Nivea or C&E Sandalwood ASB I reach out for. The same goes for when the weather is cold or/and raw. The reason is that these to products are the best (for me) when it comes to sooth and protect my skin. Nivea's mild scent also allows me to chose the cologne of my liking without having to bother how the scents blend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best after shave for sensitive and dry skin, 31 Jan. 2014
I've tried dozens of different Nivea after shaves and this is the only one that works for my skin.
I have really dry and sensitive skin. It get's bloody red and hurts after shaving but when I use this it doesn't even get red.

This (COOL KICK) is definately the best After Shave for people that has very Dry and Sensitive skin. The normal one (SENSITIVE) is not good for my skin type.

It's a shame Nivea has stopped producing this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nivea always good!, 1 Aug. 2013
I always have high expectations with Nivea products and this one as always didn't let me down. Does what is says on the bottle!

Nivea For Men Cool Kick After Shave Balm 100ml