Size: 50ml|Change

Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic X is presented as a "Recharging Moisturiser" for those of us who look permanently hungover and whose skin is "Lackluster, Tired and Dehydrated". Sounds like it was made for me! I'm not a long way off 70 and having spent much of my early working years on deck in front of the mast my skin has had to get used to both high and low extreme temperatures coupled with gale force winds laced with sea salt spray, my face looks permanently hungover - without any alcoholic help! Bit leathery as the family politely say.

So, I was not expecting miracles from this product especially, as other reviewers have already pointed out, it contains alcohol which I thought had the opposite effect to moisterising, drying things up rather than softening and smoothing?. How wrong can I be? With all the other ingredients (you need a degree in Chemistry to decipher/understand half of them) this "Turbo Boosted" and not forgetting the New Taurine and Vitamin C Boost, this orange coloured gel does have a very pleasing "cool" effect when applied and does leave the skin feeling smooth and hydrated. It is also totally non greasy, not at all sticky (the alcohol content doing it's job?) and I find it really good to apply after shaving, giving my face a good rub and bit of a massage as I apply it. L'Oreal tell us to avoid the eye contour area which again could be the alcohol effect and I guess some of the other ingredients.

I've been using the gel every morning and some evenings for getting on two weeks now. Does my skin look better? In all honesty - no - it looks the same but there is a noticeable difference to the touch, it does feel a little smoother and softer and I don't think it is my imagination. I don't find it very economical but could be I am inclined to use too much and as I have a feeling that constant use would work out a bit expensive for an OAP like myself I have docked it another star. My ideal score would be 3.5 . For the moisturising and the fresh, wake up feel it gives you - 4 stars, but the 50ml does not go far so 3 stars for value.

I was not expecting any concrete results so am pleasantly surprised, Made in Germany for the French L'Oreal brand, a truly European product!
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This men's moisturiser really looks like a high-tech product, very useful if you are stranded on Mars. Good grief, it's orange! It comes in a double-skinned, high-quality dispenser like those used for expensive women's "serum" skin products. The pump action dispenses a squirt, and I found it was quickly and easily spread around my face, feeling cool and soothing. In a couple of minutes it was dry, and my face felt smooth and clean. As claimed, there was no residual stickiness.

There is a slight, pleasant perfume which, together with the nice feeling, makes this a product I want to use every day. It would make an excellent present for a man of any age.

There's a lot of jolly, blokish stuff on the box about curing your skin's hangover, turbo boosting and recharging but I took that as a bit of fun. The featured ingredient is taurine, often used for its hydrating effect in moisturisers.
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Putting the novelty of the orange colour side, this is a very decent, if fairly standard, alcohol-based moisturiser. It feels more like an aftershave balm than a moisturiser in some ways, with a strong cooling effect and a sensation that's clearly more alcohol-based than creamy. It rubs in well, and it's very soothing on newly-shaven skin.

The pump action device feels a bit cheaper than it looks (I expected it to be glass, but it's plastic), and it is a slightly cheeky design that gives you less actual product than appearances suggest, but one advantage of the packaging is that it dispenses small drops at a time, which is good as you only need a little- it's powerful stuff.

I don't mind the novelty orange colour, it's coupled with a slightly artificial-fruit smell that isn't particularly strong, and it neither boosts or worsens the overall result. The fact it looks more like a shower gel than a moisturiser is neither here nor there after a while. Clearly it's meant to tie in with the vitamin C aspect, which I'm a little cynical about. There's no way this moisturiser counts as one of your five a day. I think the presence of taurine is more likely to be a psychological or even psychosomatic boost than a chemical one.

So it's a refreshing moisturiser and a bit of a novelty. Underneath the novelty and the usual over-the-top male beauty product branding ("HYDRA ENERGETIC!"... "you mean it's got water in?"... "um, yes"), it's a decent but not outstanding treat for the face.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 October 2015
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
What a great little thing this is, its really very aesthetically pleasing in its design, to look at and small enough to carry in a shaving bag or pocket of a sports bag or something like that.

I can vouch for the refreshing, tingling sensation that the gel produces, its on a par with maybe the mint and tea treee original source shower gel but lasts a little longer, on the colder mornings I think the cooler air would work with this product great to counteract any tiredness or lethargy when getting up and making a good start to the day.

The only complaint I would make about this is that following the instructions on the box and being pretty intuitive about these things anyway wasnt enough to prevent the top breaking off this the first time I used it, it was possible to reattach it and it worked fine though. There seems to be a kind of twist mechanism to prevent it spraying in luggage or something but its not the best design I've seen, when most of the deodorant aerosol can master this sort of design with twist and lock systems which are pretty explicitly designed its possible that this could have been made better.

The gel is a bright orange colour, the container is transparent so you have an idea of the colour, it dispenses small amounts and you can pump to get as much as you want, its as good as the rivals designs, ie hugo boss (which I'd been using mainly) or nivea (which I have tried before too). The gel itself does have a brief oily residue but this is only until its absorbed properly. It might irritate the skin a little, if you've sensitive skin or have just closely shaved but nothing serious and it doesnt cause any rash or skin breakout or anything like that in my experience.

Recommended.
on 28 October 2015
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have to admit to not being someone who looks at the ingredients of the products that I use on my face. My skin is a combination of rough hide and flaky pastry, so anything that works is good with me. I never found anything that makes my skin worse and I will gladly put anything on my neck to reduce the redness after shaving. With this in mind I am loving ‘L’Oréal Men Expert Turbo Booster 50ml’, it may be alcohol based, but that is no problem with my skin. Instead the high booze content means that it acts fast, dries well and gives that slight sting to proceedings that lets a man like me know that something is actually happening.

The ‘Turbo Booster’ can be used as a standalone moisturiser, but also as a post shaving balm – having used it as both it has helped relieve redness after my morning shave and left my skin more supple on a night. The packaging is also very cool, it comes in a sleek tube and the gel itself is orange; this is a little disconcerting at first, but soon dries. This is a moisturiser for a man whose skin needs a little battering into submission. Sensitive skin will likely react to the ingredients, but it packs the oomph needed for blokes who skin is a little neglected like mine. As with all moisturisers it is important that you find the one that suits your skin the best, for me, this ‘Turbo Booster’ is one of the most effective yet.
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This moisturiser looks slick. It comes in a clear bottle (see photo 2. The bank note is to give you an idea of the size).

The moisturiser itself is orange – I have put some on my hand in photo 3. It smells lovely (but one man's meat is another man's poison). I didn’t expect such a pleasant smell.

For transport, it has a twist lock – in photo 5 it is unlocked and in photo 6 it is locked. Twist it about 70 degrees anticlockwise to lock it.

The critical test for any moisturiser is “does it agree with your skin?” Some bring my skin out in tiny red spots; this one does not.

This has a pleasant smell and is not oily or sticky.

A small amount goes a long way – just as well as there is only 50ml in the pot.

This product claims to ‘help fight skin that LOOKS: lacklustre, tired, dehydrated…” (I have capitalised that one word, for emphasis). No moisturiser will make a permanent change to the skin – it is all about adding water to your skin and making your skin LOOK better. Any moisturiser will achieve that but some are greasy, some are heavier than others and some will disagree with your skin. It is worth shopping around to find a relatively inexpensive one that will do the job. This one does the job for me and does it at a reasonable price so I am happy with it. And it looks and smells unlike any moisturiser that I have used before.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
VINE VOICEon 29 October 2015
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I'm not sure about the various boasts on the packaging of this 'Turbo Booster', as some of the other reviews have mentioned here Taurine and Vitamin C being absorbed into the skin is of dubious actual benefit, if it even works. But using something on your skin is probably better than nothing, so how is the product to use?

Unlike most of its moisturiser brethren, the L'Oreal Men Expert Turbo Booster is an orange gel rather than a white cream. This takes some getting used to at first as it is a little runny so getting the right amount and applying it takes a bit of practice. It purports to help with razor burn, and it does when first applied but it doesn't last. As a skin moisturiser it works OK, although I have found it leaves a tacky feeling to skin, even though the bottle states that it won't.

Perhaps this is me putting too much on, but other similar products don't give me this issue so I'm not sure.

The Turbo Booster has a swanky looking bottle and a price tag to match. It's OK to use but not amazing, and the benefits to your skin are no greater than similar, cheaper products. If you love L'Oreal and like the (dubious) science behind the Turbo Booster, go for it. Otherwise, I'd look elsewhere.
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The blurb for this Taurine enriched moisturiser for men is pretty amusing…workaholic? Party addict? Skin look shattered? Well, I’m certainly not a party addict or a workaholic but I have a nine-year-old lad who keeps me on my toes constantly and wakes me up at 6am on a Saturday morning to give me the latest goings on in the football world…or the Minecraft one, so I really could do with a boost.

So, what’s this moisturiser like then? Actually despite all my sarcasm it is really rather good. It’s bright orange and comes in a pretty nifty and attractive pump dispenser. One squirt in the morning and evening for me so far and although I’m not going to say I’ve turned into a youthful George Clooney or anything my skin does feel better. And that’s the crux of it, isn’t it? If it makes the person using it feel better then it obviously works. It’s non-greasy and is absorbed into the skin very quickly. Even after a short period of time it’s become a part of my routine as much as shaving and teeth brushing.

When this bottle runs out I’m going to get another, so there!
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a thin balm that feels very refreshing when being applied and does feel like it gives you a little bit of a lift, but it kind of ends there. It claims to be OK for use after a shave, but it will certainly show you where you may have nicked your skin with a slight sting. It does have a cooling effect, but when you see that it probably has about the same amount of alcohol as a hand sanitiser you will understand the cooling effect and why it can sting on a freshly shaved chin. The scent is zesty and fresh it comes in an easy to use dispenser. After that I kind of run out of positives. I do like it, but I don't see it as having any real benefit that I would regularly buy this. I am just not seeing how it can give you an energising turbo boost and I have come to realise that it is just hype and a sexy looking tube dispenser.

No real negatives from me, but not a whole lot of positives either. There are some excellent products in the L'Oreal Men range, sadly, this isn't one of them.
Size: 50ml|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Being just a hair's breadth from 40, my skin definitely needs a 'turbo boost' now and again, and this serum-based product from L'Oréal doesn't disappoint. Its main benefit seems to be the slight tightening effect it has upon application, which (I think) makes a noticeable difference straight away.

It's cool and fresh to apply, thanks probably to the quite high alcohol content of the product (it's has a very potent, but not unpleasant fragrance thanks to that). Despite the colour, it doesn't leave your skin looking orange, thankfully.

I'm not sure if all the extra goodies in the ingredients list work, although I've noticed a couple of other, similar products using items like taurine and caffeine. Whatever the mix, it's worth giving this a go as it's easy to absorb, feels good and really does seem to brighten up a tired face.

See one answered question