on 20 September 2011
Hi, a quick review from a very happy owner of one of these.

I bought this device to replace a smoothwall linux-based adsl firewall and netgear wireless router. I have had the devicefor nearly 9-months with no issues at all.

Device setup is easy and exceptionally well documented for both novice and someone who considers themselves quite knowledgeable - I learnt a few things from the comprehensive manual.

The fast setup wizard will get most online quickly and the other menu options can be explored at leisure.

The wifi signal is strong with good coverage/range. I have never had the wifi drop out or cause connectionissues.
The adsl connection provided a slightly improved (10%) broadband speed, but I wouldn't recommend trusting this will always be the case - true in my experience.

The device also works well with my "plusnet" service although not one of the devices listed on their website.

With clear status lights on the front, it is easy to see at a glance if the broadband is active (I had problems with the line reliability with previous ISP); also shows traffic activity and wireless activity for reassurance :-)

I would highly recommend this as a very good product that does what it claims and has proved reliable in everyday use.

M.
on 2 February 2011
I bought this router to replace an aging Linksys router. Being rather a novice in the router-world I did a lot of research before my purchase. I must say it has been just brilliant since I got it. Set-up was easy - just a question of going through the 'wizzard' and making sure you know your ISP details ! I connected my PS3 and NAS to it and it works flawlessly.

I have had it for a couple of years now and it has been rock-steady. No problems AT ALL - a first ! I tried netgears (came with my ISP) and they lasted a few days at most. We had two power-cuts and both managed to fry the netgear but the Billion still worked after subsequent power-cuts. It is just a solid piece of kit. I have since purchased a back-up router (best to have one otherwise should the worst happen you can be stuck with no internet access :)). That one is a Billion 7800N - haven't used it yet !

Whilst being quite expensive I think you get what you pay for - peace of mind. It sits under my desk flashing it's lights and doing it's job brilliantly - what more could you ask for ? Get one......no, get two :).
on 17 November 2009
The product arrived when expected and communication to this company by email was replied to swiftly. Faultless. Will use again.

The product was very high quality. I wanted to use my mobile broadband dongle with a few laptops and this product helped me do this.
on 31 May 2010
Billion BiPac 7402NX Wireless 3G/ADSL2+ VPN Firewall Router

I needed a device that supported VPN tunnelling and CHAPS dial up support. This device does exactly that. I have got 3 IPSEC tunnels set-up and running and they have been running for 3 weeks now. The firewall is a little fiddly to set-up but once you understand the UI it all falls into place. The only slight issue I had was when updating the firmware I had to reset to factory setting and reapply the changes. Apart from that this device has caused me no problems at all.

See one answered question