on 30 April 2009
Ok, I was a bit dubious at first when reading a couple of the reviews on here for this item, however after reading the other reveiews I found the simplicity of this item very appealing. So I thought it best to have first hand experience myself, after all not much to lose if I did not like the item!

I found it extremely easy to connect to PC and transfer music, simple drag n drop, suprisingly quick too. I am sat here now listening to it, very comforatable, brilliant volume (though no boost) but the volume goes quite high, the actual sound quality is fantastic.

The set of ear plus is great so you can find a comfortable size for yourself, I have ran around and shook my head all over the place (surley looking a bit crazed - luckily I am home alone at the moment lol) and have found that the item really does stay in place, does not fall out, nothing moves and no wires to get tangled..... overall, abosoloutly FANTASTIC. ;0)
on 2 June 2009
I just have to reiterate what others here have said. Used it maybe four/five times and it was great - excellent concept, worked well and easy to use. However, when I run hard, like everyone else I sweat. It seems the unit has a problem with this and it is now dead. Was going to get a replacement, but after reading other reviews it seems this is just a universal product fault. Real shame, I'll be sending this back for refund and having to wait until someone brings out a wearable mp3 player that actually works for exercising.
on 27 May 2009
Conceptually this product is excellent, simple to operate, comfortable to wear and good sound but it is totally unreliable. I used it in the gym and it worked well on the first four or five occasions then completely out of the blue when I had it on shuffle mode the Zappin function cut in and it froze/crashed; I was unable to get out of Zappin mode, could not switch the player off and the volume control would not work. I took it home, charged it up and tried the reset procedure but nothing, absolutely dead! Being mega impressed with the concept I exchanged the player rather than returning it for a refund (all credit here to Amazon's excellent exchange procedure) but exactly the same thing happened to the replacement almost immediately so sadly a refund it is. Sony have a good idea with this but until the reliability is sorted (could it be the sweat?) I shall stick to more conventional MP3 players velcroed to the arm when I visit the gym.
on 29 January 2010
It seemed like the perfect solution for the gym: good quality sound, easy to use, and no more wires to get tangled up when working out. Unfortunately the gym is the last place that you would want to use it because sweat kills them stone dead. Gym junkies you have been warned!
I don't know what has happened to Sony's quality control over the last few years because this isn't the only piece of Sony equipment to let me down recently. Whatever it is they need to fix it, and soon, or risk losing the reputation for reliability that it took them decades to build.
Now, where did I put that receipt...?
on 17 April 2009
This is a great little gadget. Ideal for the gym, so I don't get tangled up in wires. ..and the earbuds fit my ears, and stay in!

It only gets four rather than five stars, as it very much feels like a product in development. ...great idea but in no way perfect yet!

For the price it feels rather plasticky and to use the 'zappin' feature (quite fun!) you have to use Sony's really basic and clunky piece of transfer software.

But overall very happy ;)
on 30 December 2009
I have purchased 2 of these W series mp3 players and have returned them both times due to the fact that the unit broke down after getting sweat inside, after a couple of workouts in the gym. This seems like a 'common' occurance with this product so if you are using it for running, the gym or any other physical activity to relieve the boredom, I would say stay 'WELL CLEAR' as it will only last 3-4 sessions max before ceasing sound & access completely. I do have to say though that Argos where I purchased the item from, had no problems in replacing and refunding.
If you use the NWZ for some fairly gentle moving around the house or garden, or even a bit of moderate exercise then this little player is OK. The trouble is, there are so many other players that are better for less cash.

If you are doing anything aerobic ... with lots of movement ... not so great. I find that I have to keep pushing one or other side back in ... OK if at the gym, more irritating if on a bike at the time. I think that any exercise that requires you to move your head back tends to force the earpieces out of your ear ... so much for the ads.

Despite the fact that I am an eighteen stone former rugby player, I clearly have quite small ear holes ... this unit fits deep into your ear ... and even the smallest ear piece is not that comfortable for me ... now I'm prepared to accept that my ears might be a bit weird, but I find that 40 mins to an hour is about as long as I want to wear them.

I like the controls which are all situated on the right hand side ... they are all pretty intuitive, I tend to use random play most of the time.

Sound quality is good, better if you push the head sets further into your ear ... but I find this painful.

I was using the NWZ when writing this review ... I have now taken them off

Great idea ... but for me, uncomfortable to wear for long, and expensive for what they do. I have had one return to Sony for replacement, the battery just died ... I was told by Sony that this unit was not serviceable ... so if it goes wrong out of warranty, just chuck em.
on 24 March 2009
These are great! I have just got them and they are soooo easy to use! They only take about 1.5 hours to fully charge through the PC and using the supplied software (which isn't on a CD - it's actually loaded on the MP3 player itself) music is really easy to transfer using "drag and drop". The Zappin feature is also very useful for getting to the right track you want to listen to. The sound is great (once you get the right ear plug size). They are very secure and you could easily use them while exercising. No problem wearing them with glasses either - the wire just fits ontop. I love these - I'm actually wearing them as I am writing this review as they are so good I don't want to take them off!
on 30 May 2009
This is a great mp3 player - the sound is excellent, easy to use and comfortable too. The concept is fantastic.

I'm very dissapointed to have to give it one star, as like many others, I'm having to return my 2nd set as after 2 workouts, it suddenly stopped working.

I'll hold out for the gym-proof version!
on 24 March 2009
Great idea for the gym and for keen runners. Great sound, plenty of capacity for even the longest of runs and quick charge function really works. No wires for your arms to get tangled in and the headphones fit as well as any other in ear headphone I've used. Very comfy with a snug fit that doesn't keep coming out. Zappin function takes a bit of getting used to be neat idea.