on 24 April 2012
I paid £19 for what is a very cheap remote with slightly wobbly buttons. I was able to bind the remote with the radio after a couple of attempts, but what a palava! Whats wrong with providing the usual Infra red type remote that doesn't need that binding mullarkey in the first place, or are Pure so tight they don't want Buyers of their radio's to go using their own Logitech harmony or similar?

This remote only uses half the buttons when used with my Evoke flow and contrary to what some other reviewers have suggested, It won't change channels. Instead pressing the preset button will show you a list of presets on the units display itself, you then have to scroll through the list to find the channel/station you want.

Why can't a hi-tech Company like Pure offer a device dedicated to the each model? One which would have half a dozen preset buttons on the remote itself, that way you could change channels/stations with a single press of the remote.

So in summary, it's expensive but for insomniacs like me whose Wife hates having her sleep interrupted with clicking noises from the Radio itself, it's handy. Apart from basic functions like power, volume and menu etc It's not much of a remote control at all. The only thing I hope is that it lasts for a few years and doesn't die like too many others appear to have done.
on 30 January 2012
PURE Reach F10, RF Remote Control for PURE EVOKE Flow and AVANTI Flow RadiosI first bought one of these from Amazon in October but it didn't work. I tried it on two separate radios and also asked a friend to try it on his before returning it. It has taken three months of waiting to get a replacement and, guess what, it will not bind. Meanwhile I bought one of Ebay for one of my radios that did work - so I know what I am doing. Extremely unreliable.
on 31 July 2012
Firstly I want to say, I have a pure flow internet radio and it is a great piece of kit. very reliable and great sound.

I dont know why some people have given this bad reviews, I received mine today and have been totally happy with it.

Good points.
Very small remote
good looking.
easy to pair with radio.
saves fiddly button pushing.
no line of sight needed.
much quicker use of functions
not a bad price
good packaging
quick on and off unlike with the radio that needs you to confirm your choice when turning on or off.

Bad points
radios are expensive enough to include this with the radio.
a flip open qwerty keyboard would be nice.
some buttons dont work on all radios.
fairly easy to press 2 buttons at the same time.

overall the good points far outweigh the negative, and the remote wont cost you the earth. Go on treat yourself.
on 20 September 2011
I've found the standard buttons on the front of the Flow Evo sometimes don't respond to my fingers, because they're too dry or something. Anyway, because of that I got the remote which means you can more positively instruct the radio. My favourite bit is that there's a sleep button on the remote, something you have to navigate to using the radio's buttons. My biggest complaint isn't about this remote, it's fab, it's about the Flow Evo and that the remote is necessary because of the need to navigate to almost everything through the 4 switches on the front of the radio.
on 5 June 2009
The remote works well with the radio, meaning you don't end up chasing the radio around the worktop trying to get the fiddly buttons to work. The volume, channel change and power button are really the only buttons you can use at range because a lot of the functionality is through the menus shown on the tiny screen of the radio (unless you've got really good eyes). I think this should have have come with the radio intially (as should the rechargable battery!). Pure do some nice stuff but it should come as part of the main package.
on 30 May 2010
This remote is a useful device, in that it makes the Flow easier to operate. One thing I don't like about the FLow is that when pressing the button to select something the whole radio moves backeward unless you steady it with your other hand. Generally I'd say the control are, while doing their job perfectly well, compromise ergonomics for 'design' - only a little bit but there it is. This remote overcomes that problem and makes the radio easier to operate.
In addition to that, of course, you can operate the radio remotely, which can be useful. The only downside is that you need to be close enough to read the radio's display, so while the remote might operate from several metres away you wouldn't know what you were doing. Volume adjustment would work of course, and station changing also if you used a bit of trail and error.
If the above sounds a little negative, I don't mean it that way, just describing the position as I see, it. I'm glad I got a remote.
on 26 May 2009
I have had the exact same problem with my remote as Mr Fate above, so I have just returned it to Amazon.
I got it to 'bind' with my Evoke Flow but if I turned the radio off at the wall, I would have to bind it again. I only managed to get it connected twice in a week (most of which I kept it on standby for this reason -not good if you want to move the radio from room to room).
It may be that's there are too many wireless networks near me, I thought it was faulty but have read of others having the same problem. I am hoping for Pure to send out an upgrade that will allow these to connect properly and for good instead of having to 'bind' it every time the radio is switched off. I shall wait and see if this happens. In the mean time I shall get off my backside to change stations.

A great idea, poorly executed.
on 13 February 2012
Tried for ages and ages and ages, but could not get the blessed thing to 'bind' with the dab. Agreed with the 'critic on-line comment - it's a lottery if it works' Disappointed and returned to Amazon.
on 27 October 2011
The Pure Flow Digital/Internet Radio is a totally wonderful device. Its simply fantastic - excellent options & good reception. The only down fall is its menu and touch sensitive buttons! I have read so many bad reviews about the radio saying that the users have to click on yes twice once a choice is made.

Having this remote makes life so much more easier! Its easy to navigate around the system and give you more freedom to control what you listen to sitting at the other end of the room. I am so glad I purchased this remote when I picked up the Radio. For just a few £s more it was a very good buy.
on 27 August 2010
The Pure F10 remote was very easy to set up once I ignored the insert paper that told me to do something different from the manual to link it with the radio. It makes doing some simple tasks easier (even turning on/off) such as sleep timer, though I don't use this, if I allowed my wife to have the radio on while going to sleep she'd love it!! Personally, I'd like a fast access to setting the alarm, but it does make setting the time a bit easier. It really comes into its own with playback etc. where the radio controls start to get confusing to a simple soul like me.