on 18 July 2009
The screen mount supplied with the TomTom GO530T is of poor quality. It is difficult to tighten up and does not adhere satisfactorily to the windscreen. In contrast, the cushion mount holds the satnav firmly in my chosen location on the dash - much closer to me than is possible with the screen mount - and I can read the navigation screen easily. The whole assembly remains stubbornly in position - no sliding around whatever - however harshly the car is driven. The TomTom unit has no difficulty in locating satellites from its new position in the car and when the destination is reached, the cushion is simply lifted off the dash and stowed away without the need to break the suction as on the screen mount. I have used 3 different satnav systems over 11 years - all supplied with suction mounts. This cushion unit beats the lot. Manufacturers please note.
on 28 July 2009
If you have a tomtom 730 or similar type mount then this is the best holder for you. Most important is the fact that you dont need the original horrible screen mount to stick onto this product because it comes with its own swivel ball joint affixed, just slide on your tomtom and thats it. Dont buy more expensive cushions that still need the original screen sticker to work. This model will not move around because of its weight and base material. And a tip, the shape is just right to put a dark baseball hat over, with the peak covering the top of the tomtom screen to keep off the sun and make it much easier to see.
on 2 February 2010
I was a bit hesitant about the weighted cushion , but wanted something better than the suction holder as it was irritating and difficult to reach out to the tomtom once it was fixed on the windshield. I was not sure about how the weighted cushion would perform , but i am quite happy with it now that i have started using it. The tomtom can be located much closer on the dashboard now. And the cushion actually doesn't shift (at least not with my driving so far). I am very happy that i chose this weighted cushion based on the reviews as it lives up to its promise. It is a bit bulky and a bit of a dust collector, but it does its job well.
on 26 October 2009
I did a lot of online research before buying this, to go with the TomTom Go730 I was also buying. So glad I did. This product is excellent...it does exactly what it says on the tin. Used it in 3 different cars so far and it is rock steady in each one. Much better than using dodgy rubber suckers, and best of all you don't leave any tell-tale marks for thieves. I would definitely recommend it...if you can afford to buy a TomTom then it's worth the money for the reliability and security.
on 15 March 2011
Bought this after reading the other reviews. It's extremely good indeed. Fits nicely on the slightly angled dashboard top of my Mazda 2; wheras the sucker device that came with my Tom Tom was at a steep angle and kept falling off. This one never moves - even with my driving!
on 24 May 2010
After struggling with a variety of vent "clip-in" support devices, we were recommended the cushion type. After considering the available models, we decided on this one because the arm and holder seemed to fold down almost at right angles, thus supporting the Tom-Tom vertically.
The cushion has turned out to be everything we hoped.Even on the sloping tops of our dashboards, it simply stays in place. This product can be recommended without reservation.
on 2 May 2011
Like others have said, this does exactly what it should. No slipping around on the dash (some sort of gel underside makes it very grippy). 'Tis a trifle ugly..but lets face it, you're not going to sit there admiring it (unless your driving is really bad). I would certainly buy this again.
on 7 September 2009
The product does what it claims and is very stable. I am having trouble getting the sat nav at an appropriate angle to view when the sun is shining and it is difficult to see. I would have preferred to purchase one with a flexible arm so I could tip the sat nav to face slightly downwards.
on 23 May 2010
Bought this because the windscreen sticker option that comes with the tom tom is rubbish. This however is the answer to our problems. Sits on the dash board and doesn't move even on fast tight bends. Highly recommended, a great idea!
on 23 September 2009
This product should have deserved a 5 star rating, it sticks on the dashboard like glue, & NEVER shifts it's position, no matter what the road conditions are. The only reason why it received a 4 star was that the arm could do with a 2nd knuckle to enable full flexability of the SatNav screen. Although to be fair, I drove to Spain & back & only needed that facility a couple of times when the sun was at the wrong angle. Other than that, top marks.