5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful voice
Quite simply Andrea Bocellie's Sacres Arias is a stunning piece of work. Andrea has a beautiful voice. He moves me. Anybody who loves this sort of music will become totally entranced with this. I am often moved to tears when i play Andrea's voice. I would highly recemmend this cd.
Published on 25 Aug 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Andrea Bocelli
This is not his best work but glad I got it, his voice is enough without an understanding of Italian!
Published 17 months ago by A. Mint

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful voice, 25 Aug 2002
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars And I haven't got the CD yet!, 9 May 2006
R. J. Willis "richard28093" (Warboys, Cambs. UK) - See all my reviews
I have just listened to the concert, on ITV3, from which this recording was taken. I was almost moved to tears; the empathy that Andrea brings to pieces with which I was brought up, both musically and spiritually, was a joy.
My only regret is that they have, in order to market a 'Bocelli' CD, missed off the choral works that did not include him. They, too, were magnificent and if the whole concert becomes available on DVD I will certainly buy that also.

UPDATE:- And they have, and I did AND it includes the choral works missing from the CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gift, 12 Dec 2007
A CD that has so much beauty it moves you from beginning to end. His voice portrays so much emotion that you don't just appreciate the sound, you feel every note that he sings.

There are some CDs that are simply labelled "mood music", and this for me is one that I file under such a category. Every time I listen it lifts me and transports me to places only I can go to. Somewhere that escapes the modern world.

The choice of arias is perfect. Many of which I was unfamiliar with. However, I have since introduced this CD to a number of people, many who listen to an entirely different genre of music; nearly all have been captivated by it.

All I can say is buy it and soak up the rich fare on offer.

5.0 out of 5 stars After "Romanza" I was not quite so keen on "Opera Arias", 15 Aug 2000
After "Romanza" I was not quite so keen on "Opera Arias", I dont think that the recording quite captured the fine voice of Andrea Bocelli, however I am not put off, and will go on to look for more CD's with more of his songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing short of Excellence., 17 April 2012
Martin Cairney (Airdrie, Scotland.) - See all my reviews
They say that nature compensates and she certainly has with Andrea Bocelli who was born with poor eyesight and then, at the age of twelve, lost his sight completely after an accident whilst playing football. However, Mother Nature has certainly compensated him, gifting him with a fantastic voice which has enabled him to sell millions of CDs. If you enjoy listening to a good Tenor, then just buy this CD, you will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacred Arias, 18 Oct 2010
Once we had bought 'Romanza' we had to buy Sacred Arias, and frankly we were not disappointed.

It brings back fond memories of sipping a glass of wine outside a cafe in the village square in Duras, SW France, wafted by the warm wind, in love with the mellow local wine and enchanted by the recording.

Back home in the UK, the atmosphere is different, the wine which we liberated, is as good as ever, the breeze is many degrees colder, but the music is still as wonderful as it ever was.

This is a wonderful CD, an escape from reality and budget cuts. A good purchase loved by all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality and service, 1 Feb 2009
D. M. williams "Dmj williams" (cardiff uk) - See all my reviews
having ordered this in plenty of time for Christmas, it arrived only days later and the quality of both the recording and the service was second to none. keep up the supreme work Amazon. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Sixteen tracks of heaven � buy it!, 16 Feb 2000
By A Customer
All sixteen tracks have inordinate beauty. The sacred arias wash over me in a musical flood.
I am absorbed.
The second Ave Maria is my favourite. As the blurb has it, Gounod adds a vocal line of indelible beauty over Bach's prelude.
"Sancta Maria, ora pro nobis peccatoribus - Holy Mary, pray for us sinners". Andrea Bocelli holds the sweet notes aloft like coloured ping-pong balls on columns of air, the voice savoured in the mouth, longer it seems than the composer intended.
He plays with these sounds, turning them, searching for the precise tone, the exact interpretation, teasing me. His timing is exquisite, his delivery adept in its empathy with his listeners. I'm servile, my being bequeathed to him.
At last the phrase is unleashed, spilling like a torrent of water. We are surfing, this singer and I, on a tidal wave of emotion: "Nunc et in hora mortis nostrae - now and in the hour of my death". But not until we reach the Amen, can I subside, drained, the tear unbidden.
Buy it! You won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful !!!, 1 April 2014
I love anything that Andrea Bocelli sing his voice is so clear just beautiful . I can listen to him sing at anytime!

5.0 out of 5 stars At his best, 19 Feb 2014
My wife absolutely loves this album and that was who it was bought for. If she is happy, so am I.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›