5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with frends!
Brilliant group of Queen songs to enjoy as a guilty pleasure alone, or at a get together with friends. Despite previous reviews commenting that the sound quality is poor, a quick tweak between the TV volume and the singer volume (using the controller) soon sorts any problems out - we found it was not a problem.
A definite must buy!

We Are The Champions
We Will Rock You
Who Wants To Live Forever
You're My Best Friend

There is a problem with this disk...not just my disk. A lot of people have the same problem with sound levels. They vary greatly from track to track and also your sound level varies greatly too. to the extent where some classics (We are the champions for example) just can't be played after any other track as the levels are WAY out.

OK you can re-adjust the levels each time and then belt out the song. But it is really, really annoying.

If you are a die-hard queen fan you will buy it anyway of course!

A word of warning tho the songs are VERY much harder than you would think. I can polish off 8000 points relatively easily on most ABBA songs but some of the Queen ones are hard to even get a couple of thousand on! I'm blaming my singing inadequacy here rather than maybe a sound levels problem spilling over into the sound input as wel!!!!

Well you've read this far anyway so you're still going to buy it and get FAR FAR more enjoyment than the price tag would suggest.

Its a shame the producers couldn't have made this the best singstar..

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with frends!, 28 May 2009
Jevs "(Julie)" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
A definite must buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been the best..., 29 Mar 2009
T. Passam (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
Although this had the potential to be the best SingStar, there seems to have been one small change that really ruins it.

Everything starts well, but as soon as you start to sing, the volume on the backing track is lowered to the extent that you feel like you're singing without one. This takes all the fun out of it!

There are only 20 tracks instead of the usual 30, but they have a good selection of the greats so 20 is enough!

The only problem is the volume but it effects the experience so much. I've tried all the settings I can find and have not been able to change the balance, if anyone has found an answer please let me know!

Queen are supposed to be played LOUD, they don't deserve anything less.

1.0 out of 5 stars Singstar Queen PS2, 3 April 2009
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
I was really looking forward to this, but unfortunatley the first copy I received the volume on the tracks was so quiet you can't hear the music, so I returned it to Amazon as faulty and they sent a replacement. The replacement is exactly the same, so either its a faulty batch or a big mistake by the makers of singstar! I have other singstar games and the track sound on those are fine. Overall a great disappointment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hard but fun, 18 April 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
I've recently only just joined the Singstar craze and pruchased Abba and Queen Singstar. I have to say Queen Singstar is the much harder of the two, but this is to expected given the enourmous talent of Freddy's voice on the original recordings. I love the game. Particular favourites are UNDER PRESSURE, ONE VISION, DON'T STOP ME NOW and BYCICLE RACE. I love the power of these songs and the challenge they pose with the quick lyrics and high notes. I love the original music vidoes and the fact you can choose to be either Freddie, Backing or in the case of UNDER PRESSURE David Bowie.

With so many Queen classics it wouldn't be easy to please everyone but nevertheless I'm slightly disappointed RADIO GA GA didn'y make it. However it is on another Singstar game (I can't remember which one). The fact Singstar have made a game covering only one artist is much more appealing to me that the complication games preceding this one and I can only hope that Abba and Queen Singstar are kick starting this new format.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun at Christmas!, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
Bought this for teenage son's present, which the kids loved especially as they had just performed in We Will Rock You at school. Grown ups had a go too which got us into the fun of Christmas!

4.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 7 Sep 2009
J. Marsh (Chatham, Kent) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
We didn't find this as much fun as some of the other SingStars, but I think that goes to prove just how difficult Queen songs are to sing. We'll keep plugging away, though. Still a massive fan of SingStar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Fans, 16 May 2009
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
My partner is a huge Queen fan, so I bought this for her. And I ended up having a lot of fun with it too. Neither of us is a particularly good singer, which made it more enjoyable! It is easy to play, with plenty of songs to choose from. The famous songs mixed well with tracks that were there for the long term fans. A good laugh, but definitely more interesting with 2 or more players

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing tracks, 26 Nov 2009
W. S. Denman (UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
Bought this for a girl's Singstar night.......supposed to have 20 tracks with some favourites like Bohemian Rhapsody and Under Pressure but my disc seemed to be missing 5 of the 20 tracks including the ones I really wanted. As such am returning the item and will probably get a different disc altogether......like Take That!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid until fixed, 19 Aug 2009
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: SingStar Queen (PS2) (Video Game)
For some reason, this game got released with a bug where your voice (even when the volume is lowered), far overpowers the track. So annoying!

I have all the singstars, and this is the only one where this happens

If Sony can be bothered to fix this, then I'd recommend fully!

Where was the QA?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

SingStar Queen (PS2)
SingStar Queen (PS2) by Sony (PlayStation2)