5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!
I've had soooo many travel mugs you wouldn't believe.
I use it, A LOT.
Every one of them, without exception has dribbled, if not poured when tipped, some of the lids had dubious sealing from the outset, almost all had the plastic inner seperate after a few weeks for some a few months for others.
The plastic always tainted the flavour of the coffee,...
Published 22 months ago by Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars It leaks!
Published on 16 Feb 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, 12 Jun 2012
This review is from: Contigo 16-Ounce Double Wall Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Tumbler, Black (Kitchen & Home)
I've had soooo many travel mugs you wouldn't believe.
I use it, A LOT.
The plastic always tainted the flavour of the coffee, something I was never happy with and my biggest irritation, they kept hot things hot for mayber 20 minutes, and warm for a further 15 then lukewarm to minging in another 15.
This Contigo mug is the best i've had, bar none, as and when this dies on me, i'll be replacing it with another one of these, a work colleague on seeing it and my recommendation has bought her husband, (a lorry driver), one, already everyone he works with is enquiring where he got it as they want one.
I had an initial concern about the lack of a handle thinking you might scald your hand holding it with very hot liquid, but, the only bit that gets vaguely warm is where the cap meets the body and only if you swish the drink around, the rest stays so cool to the touch i've forgotten how hot the contents are a couple of times.
The shape means it fits any hand with comfort, it keeps hot drinks properly hot for a good 2 hours and warm for a further 1 and a half, (bear in mind I like to drink my coffee hot so my lukewarm would be most peoples idea of just off hot I guess)
Being the sceptical type for claims in product advertising I filled the cup with water literally just off the boil, 2 hours later, it was still too hot to comfortably pass your lips, an hour after that it was drinkable but hot, way longer than a coffee typically stays in my mug, the bonus for me is if I get called away from my vehicle, I know the drink will still be hot when I return an hour later unlike the previous mugs I tried.
As for sealing properties, I have, on several occassions, (when I got it, for the first week through novelty and several times showing colleagues and friends), completely upended it when full of hot coffee, it does not leak or dribble one single drop, i've laid it on it's side on the passenger seat of the car, just to see, nothing the entire journey to work despite rolling all over the seat, (it normally goes in the holder, but, y'know, interests of science etc).

So, yeah, i'm really enthusing about this, but thats because it's really really good, and despite the price tag, when you realise how much you could have saved on all those crappy supermarket and garage forecourt garbage travel mugs, it is in fact, great value and without being severely abused should last a long time, I imagine the silicone seal in the lid will be the first to give in but if it's like the seal of the flask in my cupboard that will be a good few years.

Oh, one final thing, it's all metal, no nasty plastic taint, it'll never taste the same as out of a mug but way more palatable than the plastic.

Someone posted a review concerned the button might catch and spill the contents in a bag, I can say it would be nigh on impossible, the button requires firm pressure and needs to remain pressed (in quite a way), never going to happen if its falling around in a bag, if it's not odds are you'll have wedged it upright.

My recommendation, if you're reading this, you're interested in a travel mug that doesn't suck, BUY THIS ONE, IT ROCKS!

5.0 out of 5 stars Contigo 16-ounce Tumbler, 12 Sep 2011
I am extremely happy with this vacuum tumbler, drinks stay hot for approx 3-4 hours. It hasn't leaked, I have placed the tumbler sideways in my handbag, thrown it on the seat of the car and so far haven't had any spillages. Sometimes with these tumblers they can leave a strange after taste, but I haven't experienced any with this product. The only downside is that I ordered this item in black and the paint has started to peel off, if I were to purchase another it would be in the stainless steel finish. Great product and a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Travel mug, 19 Jun 2011
The Contigo tumbler is strong and keeps the liquid hot for a good length of time the anti spill and release to drink button works well

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 26 Dec 2011
Whilst I have only had 2 cuppas in this thing, I certainly can tell you it's great! You can make the brew in the mug (Unlike some other travel mugs with necks as seemingly small as a golf ball) without any issues in getting the teabag out, and it's, in my experience, 100% leak-proof. At 20 quid, it might seem like quite an investment, but the cost of getting a cup of standard tea on one train company in the UK every weekday morning will repay this mug in around 1 and a half months. It keeps drinks hot for a surprisingly long time (I have left this mug for around 3 hours and it's still tongue-tinglingly hot. I haven't tried it with cold liquid, and so cannot vouch for anything there. The outside of the bottle is cold to the touch (Unlike the liquid within!) but if your looking for something to keep your mitts toasty, the lid stays quite warm. In conclusion, a solidly build mug, leak-proof and keeps thing hot for hours. The lid is a bit of a pain to clean (It is dishwasher safe, but needs a rinse through which seems more like an advanced voodoo ritual before throwing it in) and unless you get the silver colored one (This is clearly not) the actual cup has to be hand washed. The price is also quite high. This mug scores 4 stars from me.

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, does what it says on the tin, 1 Nov 2011
Bought this after i had problems with previous mugs.
Wasnt sure if all fancy design and not enough practicality.

Works brilliantly. easy to wash.
keeps it hot hot for a few hours and drinkable for a fair few more.
doesnt leak
and i carry it in my bag - as long as i am careful the button doesnt get pushed in the bag. well its not happened yet.

only criticism is; the description says stainless steel. it IS stainless steel inside which is the most important bit (i.e. much harder to break than glass or plastic) but i thought it meant the outside was also stainless steel. In fact the outside is very tough plastic (or whatever) - looks just fine and so far doesnt scratch easily. end result was disappointed for about a day and then didnt care.

i lost mine and am replacing it at 24+ so obviously that's my view of it.

UPDATE - still using this and still not a leak. It is really fabulous

4.0 out of 5 stars great - but watch your lips!, 24 Mar 2011
singgs (merseyside) - See all my reviews
This is as close to a flask as a travel mug comes. It's big enough to hold a good drink and it's cool to look at.
Easy to drink from one-handed which is what i wanted and I like the fact that it doesnt have a cumbersome handle.
The top can be put in the dishwasher which should help to reduce lingering odours.

Good, easy seal on the top, it's leak-proof and the lid doesnt hold a residue of liquid like some travel mugs

However, don't try to drink anything too hot too quickly from it because the lid gets hot (as you would expect) so you need to experiment at getting the right temperature to avoid burning your lips! In fairness, the instructions advise you to have fluids at 90deg max not 100deg which is sensible

It keeps tea at a good temperature for 3-4 hours, depending how often you open/drink from it. Nice with cold drinks as well

Well-recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 10 May 2012
Mr. T J. Davies "Mr.T.Davies" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Being a Nurse, I was fed up of coming back to my desk to a cold Coffee after dealing with my patients, so I brought a thermos travel mug which did nothing but leak, and even dripped out the sides when I tilted it to drink. This mug however is fab! a little over-priced I feel but still the best thermal mug that I have come accross. It doesnt leak and keeps your drinks so warm that I must say, mind your lips lol! It also works well for keeping cool drinks cold apparently, although I dont use it for that. Overall a great product and would reccommend to anyone in the same boat as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Contigo 16-Ounce, 12 Dec 2011
Best travel mug iv ever bought, it does exactly what it says in the description. Put a few cubes of ice in the mug and keep your drink perfectly chilled for hours on end, i always wake up in the night wanting a cold drink and now i don't have to move to get one lol. 10/10 for me.

3.0 out of 5 stars It leaks!, 16 Feb 2012
i just got mine today after agonising for a few days over whether or not I should spend this much on a travel mug but so many reviews online said it was amazing and didn't leak but it does! I just gave it a wash and put some fresh coffee in it and thought I would give it a test and shook it upside down and coffee leaks out of the vent on the top which I think it meant to let steam out. Not impressed. It's not a lot but I'm a fashion student and don't really want any coffee staining work in my bag that has taken me hours to complete. Also I was under the impression that you had to slide the button to sip, you don't at all you just push it in, this is really really rubbish, pretty much anything in my bag could push the button in, that's why I don't have sports cap water bottles because one worked loose on it's own and soaked my phone. Fail. Expensive pointless fail. I hope it's just mine that's faulty, the button that you push in actually moves from side to side a bit I'm going to contact the seller and ask them if this is right so if it's not meant to do all this I will update this review but as they cost so much I just thought people should be made aware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and reliability, 2 Dec 2013
I started university at sheffield (as a mature immature 42 yr old!) and I commute which takes over the hour ... This cup holding my precious well needed coffee has been such luxury.
It keeps coffee warm, it has never leaked, it fits in cup holder of car, it doesn't get too hot on the outside, it holds a good amount of coffee, it's easy to clean and it easy to drink from while driving. Downside, it's pricey for a cup but I am getting plenty of use out of it, which i hope continues for the next 3 years while I study physiotherapy at sheffield.

ARRAY(0xb4985f18)